Marc Jacobs Re(Marc)Able Full Cover Concealer

Re(Marc)Able Full Cover Concealer Re(Marc)Able Full Cover Concealer

on 9/28/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this concealer. Creamy, glowy, and full coverage but surprisingly easy to sheer out if you're willing to put in the blending time.

So easy to blend and sheer, actually, that I've started using this as a foundation and a concealer.

I just apply a primer (Charlotte Tilbury's Wonderglow), and then use the CoverFx liquid foundation brush, dip it in the concealer, and lightly brush it across my biggest problem areas -- ie. ruddy cheeks, ruddy nose, a bit of my chin & forehead.

I blend as much as I can with the brush, then finish it off with a RealTechniques sponge with the classic dabbing technique and my skin looks incredibly glowy and natural.

I go back over any visible imperfections (dark undereye circles, the occasional spot) with my ring finger dipped lightly in the concealer, and I wind up with the best finish I've ever had for a base.

I love this -- I wish Marc Jacobs would release this in a bigger size, but I get plenty of payoff with just the little bit I'm using already. I only vote down the packaging because obviously it would be nice if there was some way to get a product like this into a container that didn't result in germs & other bacteria being able to easily get in, but it's hard to imagine this formula in a pump or tube.

My skin: normal with the occasional spot, some spider veins across the cheeks, a bit of a ruddy nose, dark undereye circles, very fair but with a golden undertone, and a bit of dryness in winter.

Age: 29, visible lines on my forehead, nowhere else.

on 7/17/2016 2:15:00 AM

this is bye far the only foundation i will every use again...............unless something better comes along i have ultra dry skin so i use smashbox primer oil as a primer and a 56 sephora pro brush to apply and maybe a little blending with a beauty blender

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very dark undereyes and this concealer is the best I have ever used. Fantastic coverage, no settleing in wrinkles and can be touched up without caking. I feather it on with a Mac 159

on 12/7/2015 5:01:00 PM

I really love this concealer, and believe me, I have tried a lot of concealers. My skin is fairly pale and neutral, and I wear the 1 - Awake, and it's a perfect match for me. It's creamy enough to go on easily, but I don't find the creaminess to be a problem -- I just use a little powder to finish it, and it lasts all day. I have dark circles from allergies, and this is one of the best concealers I've ever tried for full coverage and a natural look.

on 9/12/2015 12:27:00 AM

I'm very happy with this concealer, it's stays put, blends nicely, doesn't oxidize, doesn't make me flaky and just makes my skin look fresher and brighter. It's pricey, but I'm willing to pay for a product that works for my skin!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product was first recommended to me when I first started really obsessing over concealers. We all have one kind of product we can't get enough of, for some it's lips, others mascaras. I love concealers. Especially now that I work nights as a nurse and have a chronic tired look about me. Up until I tried this concealer, Benefit's Erase Paste had been my HG for years and felt no need to venture elsewhere. I was told this was similar and it is extremely similar, and also 10x better in the sense the color selection is more vast and the formulation is more creamy as opposed to pasty. It is a full coverage, buildable cream concealer. I tap this into place with my fingers and blend with my beautyblender. I have more recently purchased the concealer brush from MJ, which is how application is recommended. (I use this to color correct more instead of actual application.) I don't find any trouble with creasing or caking unless I overdo it and/or don't blend it properly. The packaging is a glass pot (beautiful), but obviously not sanitary. I use the spatula that comes with Erase Paste to scoop it out and put on the back of my hand. I find the product to be very long lasting and a little goes a long way. Definitely try this if you are a fan of Erase Paste, Boing, Glamoflage, Laura Mercier or IT Cosmetics!

This is actually my first full coverage concealer.
I had Nars radiant and Canmake concealers before, but they were more liquid like consistency compared to something full coverage like this.

I hate this concealer.
I was so excited when I ordered this online, but this is the worst concealer I've had and tried in stores.
When I tested this in stores, it was very smooth to touch and gave a very full coverage.
Color #2 was perfect color for my NC15~20 kind of skin too. so I thought I had found my HG concealer.

I tried using fingers, brush, using different primers, foundations, setting powders, but nothing works. one minute its there covering everything, but soon disappears leaving only the texture. it just doesn't stay for more than 2~3 minutes, and I don't even have oily skin.

Price point is surprisingly fair. most concealers at Sephora cost $32.

on 7/22/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This concealer is one of the best for covering dark spots and blemishes because it is extremely creamy and opaque. I don't know about you, but my zits tend to get dry and flaky, and no concealer will cover it without accentuating that flakiness except for this one! Only downfall is it is not as long wearing as other concealers are, but those are the same concealers that will stick to your spot and make it look even drier than it already is.

So, recently Sephora did the 20% VIP sale in Singapore, so I got excited because then the prices are comparable to what you would pay in the States. I went over to the new Marc Jacobs counter fully intending to just buy the Concealer (which was sold out everywhere) and Face II brushes. The concealers caught my attention - sitting all pretty in these cute lil' containers, and even though I had only read and seen mixed reviews online, I went ahead and bought it. Here are my thoughts :

CONS
- creases like f***, giving you smashing streaks and somehow manages to find fine lines you didn't know existed - no matter what eye cream/gel you use beforehand.
- drying
- patchy after a few hours

PROS:
-cute packaging
- due to its sticky/tacky texture might work well for face concealing (however I got mine in a slightly orangey undertone to counteract the dark circles so it will be a complete waste)

Giving it two stars for potential as face concealer

on 7/6/2014 2:44:00 AM

I am NC 25-30 and I use shade 3 Young. What I found is that this concealer works best with a brush, otherwise I don't get fuller coverage out of the product. I am able to use this as under eye concealer as well as a face blemish concealer. I was surprised by how the concealer is actually creamy and not dry like I thought it would be. Also there isn't lanolin or anything in it like other creamier pot concealers (Benefit Erase Paste ugh)! The staying powder is OK. Without powder it lasts 4 hours before fading or minimal creasing happens. It tends to crease quite after a couple hours, and can look dry. I like it enough to continue using it, but I wouldn't repurchase.