NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania
Soft Matte Lip Cream in TransylvaniaSoft Matte Lip Cream in TransylvaniaSoft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania

3.1

This was my first NYX buy. I was super excited about it. First few applications went smoothly with some difficulties in patchiness but layering it covered everything. It DOES layer nicely without looking bad. Because this is a very deep dark color, it needs good color pay off or the patchiness is even more exaggerated. Just after 7-8 days of usage, it started coming out very very veryyyyy patchy. To the point where I had to stop using it. I bought more from this line and realized, deeper, darker shades tend to be extremely patchy. It's comfortable nonetheless. Transfer proof as long as your lips are dry. Expect this to be eaten along with your food. Definitely should try a few if you haven't. They have a lovely range of shades

on 11/16/2016 10:25:00 PM

I love the color on this but this formulation is not my preference. It is creamy so it can go on a bit sheer. I wish that they made this color in the Liquid Suede formulation. I have that in the shade Vintage which is a lighter burgundy color and I love that formulation. It is a true liquid lipstick and dries matte. The lip cream just seems to go on unevenly and needs to be reapplied often to keep the color true. So I will keep to the Liquid Suede and the Liquid Lingerie from this line for the dark colors.

on 6/2/2016 10:39:00 AM

I love the soft matte lip creams in the nude shades and bought this when I was trying to venture into deeper shades. Ick this is horrible. The color is nice, maybe a little too dark for me, but it's a blackish purple. BUT it's so sheer and patchy! One layer is nowhere near enough so when you try to add more it makes it come off in other places so it can never be even. I've tried it maybe 1-2 times but since I'm not the biggest fan of the color on me and there's so many other things out there, I don't think I'd try again and may throw it away. Would not repurchase this shade.

It pains to give any Nyx product a weak review, because I absolutely love them, but this one was a bit of a let down. I had the same problem as pretty much everyone else: it's streaky and too sheer. You have to apply 2-3 layers to get a darker color pay-off, but the more product you apply, the more streaky it gets, so... no good. I had to use my lip brush here and there, and some gloss (Devil's Food Cake, also by Nyx, works good with this color), and the results were still... meh. It's such a shame because it's such a beautiful color, and most of Nyx's Matte Lip Creams apply like a dream... but oh, well. It can't all be perfect!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't do matte lips, but since this is a dark purple shade I made an exception. It's a beautiful color. But this product is very streaky, that's one thing I hate about these lip creams. You have to layer it on in order to get it looking opaque. It also wears off pretty quickly. If you ask me, I'd spend a few more dollars and buy a better quality matte lip cream in the same color.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Horrible - my lips are not really big but I need to apply like 1/3 of the container to get some of the color on them. Very streaky and sheer, not what you would expect from a matte lip product, and nowhere near how it is advertised to look on the lips

on 5/8/2016 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I would rate this a 3.5/5.

The texture is not too dry and not too wet. It truly is a soft matte. I wear this over lip balm and I have no issues with excessive dryness.

To get the full, dark, opaque look you do have to layer this. The color does not go on as smoothly as the other soft matte creams. You need to be careful layering this and let layers dry. Otherwise you will get streaks of color.

Wear isn't super strong or long. It definitely is not transfer resistant.

This lip product is very gorgeous on. It truly is a cooler toned vampy color. This definitely brings me back to my 90s roots. Despite the extra effort you have to put into this product, you will not be sorry with the results. I will definitely be repurchasing.

Loving this new lip cream from NYX Cosmetics. I got mine from Beauty Joint, so my opinion on cost may differ

I applied over a lip balm an hour prior. The formula was smooth to apply, no tacky residue after application. I enjoyed the scent of the lip cream.
One thing with this colour: the make it opaque with that dark berry brown colour you will need to do a few coats. And it can look splotchy if not taken care of with applying. It feels nice and light on my lips which I love!

After application I waited about an hour or so, kissed the back of my hand and only had a sheer transfer over - not bad!

This colour reminds me of the 90's.
Think black chain chokers, crop tops, tracksuit pants, No Doubt and Smells Like Teen Spirit!

I think this is a great colour and a fun dark colour for a mysterious look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Feels very light on the lips, doesnt come on in streaks and it lasts very long.
I had breakfast and lunch, drank alot of water from a bottle and it still stays on! Gorgeous rich color. It smells nice (not chemical-y like some other brands), its cruelty free which is always a big plus.

This is my first time trying a matte lipstick/lipgloss and I honestly thought it was gonna dry up completely, but its not completely dry and its not wet either - its a good inbetween.

on 5/16/2016 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Feels very light on the lips but isn't very long lasting. Takes a while to dry and goes on patchy it has to be layered quite a bit to get a nice finish.

Popular Lips Products