Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

3.9

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 10/14/2017 2:14:00 PM

Makes skin look flawless.

on 4/17/2017 5:49:00 PM

I am really liking this, but it is the first loose setting powder I have used, so there may be better out there. It does help my foundation and concealer stay, and doesn't really add too much of a matte look or too much of a glowy look. It is more of a natural finish. What I really like is how it makes adding powder products easier. When I use this, my blush and bronzer goes on so smoothly and blends super easily. This is definitely more of a high maintenance product, as it gets messy and adds time to my routine, but I do like it for when I want a done up look.

Unfortunately, this powder made my undereyes look dry and cakey. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. I look for a smooth, creamy powder that won't crease. This powder was chalky, dry, and left a weird residue on my skin. The packaging is also quite messy. Every time I open it, powder goes everywhere. I love other tarte products, but this one did not work for my skin type.

on 9/2/2015 2:20:00 AM

i was so disappointed because I love this product so much but unfortunately the packaging was what killed this for me. The powder got everywhere to the point that I couldn't use it anymore.

on 8/3/2015 8:34:00 PM

I swore I'd never touch another Tarte product after having so many epic fails, mostly due to the products causing acne...not just any acne, but painful and throbbing cystic acne. I'm not even sure why I didn't toss this product in the garbage from the get-go after having these experiences. This was free, it was a deluxe sample I received from Sephora with something or another. With that being said, I can't really comment on the packaging as it was a sample size sifter container. However, it lives up to it's claims. This powder is silky smooth to apply, and when using a kabuki brush, it doesn't take much of the product to cover your face well. I feel like I'll never run out of this sample sized product at this rate! It keeps my foundation looking matte much longer than any powder I've tried. It does have a minimal effect on smoothing/blurring imperfections as well. It doesn't seem to cause acne for me which is a huge plus. I would have to agree with some of the reviewers who have claimed that it leaves a white cast after application, and it does but it lasts only moments before it assimilates to your face. Overall, I'm glad I didn't toss this sample and actually gave it a good try!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this powder in a mini size from a kit. I love most all Tarte products (especially their maracuja oil). I found this powder to be meh-ok. It is too drying for skin that gets flakies... I felt it dried out my skin too much. The finish was a bit too dull-matte as well. I prefer a bit of a luminous finish. A little does go a long way with this though. The mini version's packaging is frustrating due to the holes out of which the product dispenses being a little too small.

I bought this on a whim, I was looking for the Makeup Forever Setting Powder but Ulta doesn't carry Makeup Forever, so I decided to give this one a try. Realllllly glad I did!

I paid about $30 for it, which isn't too bad considering I have read that it will last a long time, and a little does go a long way with this stuff. Its like putting velvet on your face, omg, its so smooth and I really feel its helps blur my pores in a huge way! I did combine it with the Tarte Pore minimizing Primer, so I am sure that helped a little too. But this finishing powder is well worth the money and I am really loving how its making my makeup look. My only real complaint is the packaging, it sucks. The lid get loose really easily and I am so scared it going to open up and make a mess, and well its so finely milled its all over the place on the inside of the package, I sure hope Tarte improves this aspect of the product.

Overall, its a definite must try!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! It has become my HG, replacing MUFE HD powder which started to leave the white ghost glare in photos. It controls oil well, sets makeup perfectly, diminishing and smoothing out any imperfect areas. I'm not a fan of the packaging though and sometimes get frustrated trying to get the product out from the bottom of the container through the holes - it gets annoying having to constantly turn upside down and shake. Then, when you get down to your last few uses you have to take the insert out if you don't want to waste any product. But, aside from that, this has become a beloved gem in my makeup routine to get that flawless finish and keep the oily skin controlled.