Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 9/11/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got a deluxe sample of this product as part of a 500 pt perk and it lasted me about two years of using it to set my under eye concealer.

This is a really great product. I don't have a lot of experience with setting powders but this one did a great job preventing my concealer from caking and settling into the fine lines underneath my eye. It also never looked powdery on my tan skin, but deftly took care of any shiny-ness if I was oily or happened to over apply the highlighter.

The only problem with it is that it's messy. If I repurchased, I would probably get the compact rather than the loose powder and see if that works better for me. Right now, however, I'm using a beige urban decay eyeshadow to set my under eye and that's working just fine.

Don't get me wrong I love this product. It's a very light-weight powder and is amazing to bake with. But if you're going somewhere and going to take a lot of flash photography.. DO NOT USE THIS!!! The powder will show up in the flash and it will look HORRIBLE. For everyday wear when you're not going to be taking pictures, use this it's amazing. But don't use this to take flash photos. It looks horrible.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great finishing and pore refining powder. I really liked the Make Up Forever finishing powder but I had to use a lot so the value wasn't very good. This one recquires less and really lasts on the skin. I have oily skin and enlarged pores so this works very well for me.
I apply with a small mineral foundation brush under my eyes and with a large kabuki brush for my whole face and I don't need to reapply or anything, it has a really awesome blurring affecting for any skin imperfections and feels really good on, like a soft veil rather than a heavy powder. I will be repurchasing when I run out, I only have the trial size that came in the Bon Voyage set but at this rate I will not be needing to rebuy for a while!

on 7/26/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I only have the small jar but let me tell you this small container will last your forever. I wanted a untinted powder that will set my makeup for all day. The powder is softly milled to the touch and so it made my skin velvety. It sets to a matte finish and keeps your makeup lasting for several hours but you may have to set it a couple of times throughout the day. Your makeup won't be looking nice as it you first applied it. If you have dry skin it will cling on to dry patches and creases into the fine lines making them looking worse than it was before. It also lightens your foundation and makes it look grayish looking? Whenever you use white powder over darker skin tones there is a white film laying on top and this is what it does. So no it's not good for camera and photo taking.

on 3/5/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really like the finish, packaging and feel of this product.

1. Finish- matte and natural but not cakey. Looks good in photos.

2. Packaging- screwtop lid with the shaker top. I upside down the container to tap the bottom lightly and then open it. There is a suitable amount of product on the underside of the lid which also gives me room to swirl it around to distribute on the brush. Really convenient especially when you have 8am lectures.

3. Feel- OH MAN GUYS the finish is so silky and smooth its fantastic.

Didn't like the lasting power:

4. Lasting power- when I get home from school only my nose will be some degree of shiny but I don't reapply during the day so that is somewhat expected. My skin is combination so that might be why.

Forgot to mention a little goes a long way so the price is actually okay.
Would rebuy if I lost or used up.