Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 4/17/2017 5:49:00 PM

I am really liking this, but it is the first loose setting powder I have used, so there may be better out there. It does help my foundation and concealer stay, and doesn't really add too much of a matte look or too much of a glowy look. It is more of a natural finish. What I really like is how it makes adding powder products easier. When I use this, my blush and bronzer goes on so smoothly and blends super easily. This is definitely more of a high maintenance product, as it gets messy and adds time to my routine, but I do like it for when I want a done up look.

on 10/16/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been looking for a good powder for a while now, and I decided to splurge on this one. It's the first time I bought a higher end powder, and I am so glad I did. I use this powder over my liquid foundation (Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow), and it keeps me matte all day. I put it on at 6:30AM and it lasts until I take it off at 9:30PM. It looks natural and feels weightless on my face. Plus it makes my skin feel so soft!
I'm still hurting a little from the cost of this. I expect I could find a similar product for a few dollars less, but I haven't yet. Also, the packaging isn't great. I haven't had any spills, but the cap sort of creaks when I close it. I think I might break it if I'm not careful.

on 8/3/2015 8:34:00 PM

I swore I'd never touch another Tarte product after having so many epic fails, mostly due to the products causing acne...not just any acne, but painful and throbbing cystic acne. I'm not even sure why I didn't toss this product in the garbage from the get-go after having these experiences. This was free, it was a deluxe sample I received from Sephora with something or another. With that being said, I can't really comment on the packaging as it was a sample size sifter container. However, it lives up to it's claims. This powder is silky smooth to apply, and when using a kabuki brush, it doesn't take much of the product to cover your face well. I feel like I'll never run out of this sample sized product at this rate! It keeps my foundation looking matte much longer than any powder I've tried. It does have a minimal effect on smoothing/blurring imperfections as well. It doesn't seem to cause acne for me which is a huge plus. I would have to agree with some of the reviewers who have claimed that it leaves a white cast after application, and it does but it lasts only moments before it assimilates to your face. Overall, I'm glad I didn't toss this sample and actually gave it a good try!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my HG powder and I have been using it for about 5 years now. My skin has dry patches but can also get oily and this powder really evens out both textures without emphasizing the dry skin. It also feels really good on the skin and I don't really find that I need to re-apply during the day. Even on days where I'm staying in sometimes I will apply this to control my oil and keep pimples from developing. One thing that sucks is that they changed the packaging since I started using it, before it just had one little hole in the middle and you had to smack the container to get the product out but at least it made it last forever. Now whenever I open the lid I always end up spilling some or putting too much on my brush which drives me mad because it's so damn expensive in Canada and a little works better than too much.

on 7/26/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I only have the small jar but let me tell you this small container will last your forever. I wanted a untinted powder that will set my makeup for all day. The powder is softly milled to the touch and so it made my skin velvety. It sets to a matte finish and keeps your makeup lasting for several hours but you may have to set it a couple of times throughout the day. Your makeup won't be looking nice as it you first applied it. If you have dry skin it will cling on to dry patches and creases into the fine lines making them looking worse than it was before. It also lightens your foundation and makes it look grayish looking? Whenever you use white powder over darker skin tones there is a white film laying on top and this is what it does. So no it's not good for camera and photo taking.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a mini size of this loose powder in some value kit so my rating of the packaging (not terrific) may not apply to the full size powder that is sold in stores.

I've been impressed beyond belief with pretty much everything I've purchased from Tarte and this powder is no exception. It leaves no trace of itself once applied except perhaps for a bit of a luminous glow. It's great for controlling oil breakthrough on my nose without making the rest of my face look dry. The only "downside" is that it's a loose powder and, like any loose powder, it can be messy to use, especially if you're in a hurry and not paying attention and it's not great for taking along in your bag for touch-ups.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a pretty mediocre powder in my opinion. It isn't cheap and only works like any average powder. My key use of applying powder is to keep my skin matte but this doesn't do much for my oily skin in hot summer weather. I had bought it due to raves from beauty youtuber frmheadtotoe. She had also recommended tarte's blush in exposed and I had loved it. The packaging of putting some on the cap does not appeal to me as much. It has no scent whatsoever and does look nice when first applied to makeup. After 3hours, I need to blot my face on my T-zone. After 5-6hours, I need to blot my cheeks and rest of my face. Will not repurchase.