Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

4.6

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 10/14/2017 2:14:00 PM

Makes skin look flawless.

on 9/11/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got a deluxe sample of this product as part of a 500 pt perk and it lasted me about two years of using it to set my under eye concealer.

This is a really great product. I don't have a lot of experience with setting powders but this one did a great job preventing my concealer from caking and settling into the fine lines underneath my eye. It also never looked powdery on my tan skin, but deftly took care of any shiny-ness if I was oily or happened to over apply the highlighter.

The only problem with it is that it's messy. If I repurchased, I would probably get the compact rather than the loose powder and see if that works better for me. Right now, however, I'm using a beige urban decay eyeshadow to set my under eye and that's working just fine.

I got this in Ipsy and I liked it. I have found a duplicate which is ELF translucent mineral powder. I used this to set my concealer and it did the job however not liking the price and I will not repurchase because of the price. I do understand this is a high end product though, so maybe high end just isn't for me considering I am a cheapo. This was a good product and for anyone who doesn't mind spending a decent amount of money on makeup, this is the product for you if you are wanting a translucent loose powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a mini size of this loose powder in some value kit so my rating of the packaging (not terrific) may not apply to the full size powder that is sold in stores.

I've been impressed beyond belief with pretty much everything I've purchased from Tarte and this powder is no exception. It leaves no trace of itself once applied except perhaps for a bit of a luminous glow. It's great for controlling oil breakthrough on my nose without making the rest of my face look dry. The only "downside" is that it's a loose powder and, like any loose powder, it can be messy to use, especially if you're in a hurry and not paying attention and it's not great for taking along in your bag for touch-ups.

on 3/5/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really like the finish, packaging and feel of this product.

1. Finish- matte and natural but not cakey. Looks good in photos.

2. Packaging- screwtop lid with the shaker top. I upside down the container to tap the bottom lightly and then open it. There is a suitable amount of product on the underside of the lid which also gives me room to swirl it around to distribute on the brush. Really convenient especially when you have 8am lectures.

3. Feel- OH MAN GUYS the finish is so silky and smooth its fantastic.

Didn't like the lasting power:

4. Lasting power- when I get home from school only my nose will be some degree of shiny but I don't reapply during the day so that is somewhat expected. My skin is combination so that might be why.

Forgot to mention a little goes a long way so the price is actually okay.
Would rebuy if I lost or used up.