Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

4.7

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 3/26/2017 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before this, I only wore translucent loose powder to mattify my makeup, which Mac does reasonably well. But Tarte takes it to a whole new level. When I wear this, my skin looks flawless and airbrushed. It also sets my under eye concealer very well and leaves it uncreased for 4 hours - no mean feat considering I have horrendous eye bags and wrinkles. This is what I call a hardworking powder.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really had sworn off powders of any kind for my face. They look cakey, settle into fine lines no matter how little I use or what brush I use, they just always are a hot mess for me. But I do like the airbrushed look they can give and I do get oily in my T-zone sometimes during the day.

The sample version of this was set out on the counter at Ulta and I felt it was my destiny to try it, lol..

I applied it with the It Cosmetics #108 brush and I expected the usual dulling of skin, even a white cast, looking like it was 'sitting' on my skin..but I got none of that with this, in fact, I almost danced over to pick one up to purchase!! It did not give me the dreaded white cast and instantly made my skin look and feel smoother, not heavy or made up nor cakey at all!!

This also does not dump a ton of product out at a time. In fact I usually have to give a good 3 shakes to get any out at all, so I appreciate that. No worries about powder getting all over my vanity, my clothes, etc... Maybe some are really neat about applying their loose powders, but I have tried the tricks and it still usually seems to go everywhere. This does not do that, very pleased!! This is also the first white powder (or translucent, for that matter!!) that I have ever used that does not leave a white cast, and I am currently tanned!!!

I get no scent with this and no kick-up of powder that sometimes irritates my nose. Absolutely no irritation to my sensitive skin. I even forget that I have it on!!

But what really pleases me about this is it seems to smooth out fine lines and blur my pores. As I have gotten older (age 45), my pores look like a strawberry. This blurs my pores and I honestly feel and look 25 again. I had pretty much given up on any powders to do that for me. It also evens out my skin tone.

This is just a workhorse of a product for me, and it sits there quietly and unassumingly on my shelf. Basic packaging, nothing too frilly or loud or 'look at me, ain't I special!!!' yet this works like a charm and makes me look and feel better. I am not one to claim a product to be a miracle product, I always balk when I see commercials when I see women talking about 'miracle' products, but I would say this is just about a miracle product for me.

I even bought an extra It Cosmetics #108 brush just for this, because I figured it went on so nicely in the store with it, that I wanted to have my own brush just for this product.

This is also easy to use. I just dab the big fluffy brush into the powder and brush lightly over my skin. None of those 'tricks' of 'pushing' the powder into your skin or any other crazy 'tricks'..just a powder used how a powder should be used..no gimmicks or tricks. But beautiful results.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got a mini size of this loose powder in some value kit so my rating of the packaging (not terrific) may not apply to the full size powder that is sold in stores.

I've been impressed beyond belief with pretty much everything I've purchased from Tarte and this powder is no exception. It leaves no trace of itself once applied except perhaps for a bit of a luminous glow. It's great for controlling oil breakthrough on my nose without making the rest of my face look dry. The only "downside" is that it's a loose powder and, like any loose powder, it can be messy to use, especially if you're in a hurry and not paying attention and it's not great for taking along in your bag for touch-ups.