Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder

4.2

Silica, Talc, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Kaolin.

on 5/23/2018 11:18:00 PM

Goes on very smooth. I buff it out with a brush and it just melts in my skin.

I’m giving this all around different ratings: . 4: overall this is effectively excellent in keeping my face matte. I have extremely oily skin. It’s a very good product. No flashback for me in selfies, shine doesn’t seem to seep through for a few hours. I used a cheapo no name mini Beauty blender to press it into my skin. It is angled so it fits ev pore, nook, & cranny of my crater skin so I got a mini of this powder in ipsy May 2018 & it’s a lovely effective product at oil control. But R/O/P. . Price 3: this is a mid end powder. & it’s special. But it’s over $35+ for a container. I’m not cheap w my makeup but $35 seems high for this powder. I paid (cheaper?) for MAC Prep + Prime, but elf has a powder not similar at all for $3. I’m using chanel loose powder for $52. When I spend I really buy the best. I think over all chanel is higher quality & this w its cr-ppy packaging isn’t worth $35. Take it down $10 or $15 I don’t get the frills luxury brand experience from tarte’s brand. . Packaging 2: this has 2 holes. Shaking it and shaking it and shaking it (& shake it some more!!...) is annoying. I have go put in so much effort to get a little amount out. It’s not messier than any other loose powder. But I like to be generous w my loose powder & chanel fits my needs better even if it’s 1/3 more expensive. —- Verdict: no to purchase because I like the experience of makeup to be luxe or fun (eg luxury makeup or chocolate scented like too faced lol that or a really super good deal (eg LA Colors!! $!!) mid end makeup has no place in my collex it’s got to be luxury or like a dollar lol therefore I find mid end makeup to not be for me except MAC/UD I’m a chanel babeez)

on 2/24/2016 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

OMG YES. This works so well. I can't believe I ever used other powders. This is so matte and the coverage is so good. It balances out my foundation flawlessly. I just bought another and when the dude at Sephora said he thinks they may have ran out, I was like "oh girl, no. not today. I need this powder" He went in the back and found me one. CRACK!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received this powder in a mini size from a kit. I love most all Tarte products (especially their maracuja oil). I found this powder to be meh-ok. It is too drying for skin that gets flakies... I felt it dried out my skin too much. The finish was a bit too dull-matte as well. I prefer a bit of a luminous finish. A little does go a long way with this though. The mini version's packaging is frustrating due to the holes out of which the product dispenses being a little too small.

on 9/18/2014 10:14:00 PM

I really like this powder. It's very finely milled and feels silky on my skin. It doesn't feel or look cakey, just gives a nice matte finish. It does a decent job of controlling shine, so long as I'm using the right moisturizer under my foundation. It also does a nice job of concealing my large pores.

Since I have combination skin, I like to powder my T-zone with a puff, but use a brush to dust it on very lightly on my cheeks. It's for this reason I gave the packaging 1 star--I have to transfer it into another container so I can use the puff effectively.

I have noticed that it does lighten my foundation just a smigde, which works well for me because I can't quite seem to find a perfect match for my bottle-tanned skin in the summer, so using a slightly darker shade and offsetting with this works just fine. I have to wonder, though, if I only dusted with a brush instead of using a puff, would it still lighten the color? I'll have to try that.

I should also mention that I tried using the recommendation to tip it over on its lid and tap it a couple of times. I don't know what the problem was with that particular container, but the top came off so when I opened the container after tapping, I was met with an avalanche of powder. Fortunately, I was able to rescue a good portion of it that was magically balanced in a mountain on the container and transfer it to another container.

In terms of staying power, for me, it all depends on which moisturizer and primer I'm using. I've found lately that using Mac Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion instead of moisturizer and primer is proving to be a good route to go in terms of keeping everything matte throughout the day.