Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

3.7

I read a lot of review about cetaphil and many said that it is good. I think this is a good cleanser, it does make my skin feel cool and clean. The soap was easy to rinse off and soapy when mixed with water. I found this product effective to cool down the redness of my skin. The only thing that turn me down is the fact that my skin is oily and this product seems to make it more oily after I rinse. However after i wipe it with a tissue it feels better.
The packaging size is not a problem, fit nearly everywhere. I don't really like pumps since that means it hard to keep or to take for travel unless you haven't open it.

So I think if your skin is normal or a little dry, you may want to consider this cleanser. After all, it made my skin clean and soft even though a little bit more oily.

on 3/2/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YAAASSS. I'm so glad I decided to try this cleanser. I was perusing the face wash shelf one day when I stumbled upon this lovely little lifesaver right here. I read the label and I could have sworn I heard angels singing for joy up in heaven. A cleanser for acne-prone (check), combo/oily (check), AND sensitive skin (that's three fat checks)?? Hallelujah. (Disclaimer: I don't have insanely sensitive skin, it just can't handle super strong acne-fighting products and I break out from the slightest thing.)
In summer I use this day and night. In winter (cold, dry, Canada) I use it only at night and use Cetaphil's gentle cleanser in the morning. I don't need to use a makeup remover since this stuff takes it all off with one full pump. The smell isn't fantastic but that's so minor for me, especially compared to how well it works.
I've been fighting acne since my teen years and I'm 23 now with no end in sight. A number of things has drastically decreased my acne (including birth control, better diet, drinking more water, and cleaning my pillow case more often) and I think this cleanser has been a major player in that game as well. It makes my face much less oily, even in summer. I'm no longer anxiously blotting my face with toilet paper in the bathroom every afternoon anymore. My acne has been drastically reduced. It doesn't dry my skin out as long as I apply moisturizer (for combo/oily skin of course) immediately after. I'm very happy with this product. I've been using it for over a year now I think and I can't imagine life without it anymore. I'd say definitely give it a shot, I'm sure glad I did.

on 9/9/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Usually I'd give a pretty detailed break down of what I love and what I don't quite love, but all I can say is that this is my absolute 100% favourite thing in the whole wide world. I've been using this cleanser for 4 years and it has saved my terribly hormonal acne prone and scarred skin while offering a gentle, soap-free cleanser that takes away my oiliness without drying out my skin. I also use it on my back if I break out there and it does not irritate at all. Removes basic makeup from your skin but if you wear heavy makeup I'd suggest removing the bulk of your makeup before cleansing, like you would with any other cleanser.
I switched to cetaphil after being simply fed up and frustrated at all these fancy cleansers claiming they'll solve all my problems, so I decided to go back to basics and keep it simple, and my goodness it worked. It's not going to be for everyone, and it might not be as amazing on the next persons skin like it is on mine, but it's worth a shot!

on 9/3/2016 5:32:00 PM

Personally this did not work on my skin. It either made my acne worse or just didn't clean my face well enough because I have had so many more breakouts since I started using this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a great job controlling my oily skin. My skin not completely dry but at least my make up stays. Prior use cetephil for oily skin, my make up always runs especially at my nose. I swear by this product

on 8/18/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cleanser!
It doesn't break me out and this is my second batch already.

The cleanser is pretty pricey but worth it honesty. Also, I only use it at night when my skin has been greasy and dirty all day. This product odes foam up as well. A little goes a long way.

There was a time when my skin had an allergic reaction to a toner and I still used this product at night but it didn't irritate my skin at all.

It's pretty difficult to find a good cleanser for oily and sensitive skin without breaking the bank but this product is worth a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually used this cleanser when my face was on the combination-to-oily side. I didn't really care for the scent of it (did not care for the masking fragrance that's added to it). Overall, it did nothing special for my skin at all. I have found nothing special about any of the Cetaphil cleansers that i have tried, which is why, i have no interest in buying them anynore. As, Cetaohil just isn't the line for me.

on 4/11/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My face is very oily with mild to moderate acne (less than 10 pimples). I was doing ok with the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, which cleanses my face and does not make me breakout. Nevertheless, I still gave this oily skin cleanser a try since I trust Cetaphil products.

BIG MISTAKE.

I just recovered from a major hormonal breakout around my chin area when I switched cleansers. At first, I was really determined this cleanser would further improve my skin because of the positive reviews I've read. (Note: There were also negative reviews).

It has fragrance (should have been a warning sign already). My face feels clean and tight after using it. After 2 days, I started to have 2 small red bumps on my forehead. I still pursued using it. On the 4th day, another bump appeared on my chin area. I immediately stopped using the cleanser and switched back to the Cetaphil gentle cleanser.

9 days after and I'm still recovering from the 3 pimples this cleanser has caused. I would not recommend it for those who have sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this facial wash! it helps me clean the oil and doesn't make my face dry!

on 8/31/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried the Gentle cleanser before this one, which I did not like. At first, I thought this might work. It lathered a bit, which felt it was cleaning and removing my makeup better. It has a slight clean fragrance which I like. It felt like it rinsed completely off my face which I felt the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser didn't quite rinse off. But this stuff dried my face out. It became dry, tight, red with flakes all over my skin. Oh, and it made my nose really oily!!? I already have really oily skin but like a half and hour after washing my face all the pores on my nose had oil appearing. Not good.