Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser

3.6

on 9/9/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Usually I'd give a pretty detailed break down of what I love and what I don't quite love, but all I can say is that this is my absolute 100% favourite thing in the whole wide world. I've been using this cleanser for 4 years and it has saved my terribly hormonal acne prone and scarred skin while offering a gentle, soap-free cleanser that takes away my oiliness without drying out my skin. I also use it on my back if I break out there and it does not irritate at all. Removes basic makeup from your skin but if you wear heavy makeup I'd suggest removing the bulk of your makeup before cleansing, like you would with any other cleanser.
I switched to cetaphil after being simply fed up and frustrated at all these fancy cleansers claiming they'll solve all my problems, so I decided to go back to basics and keep it simple, and my goodness it worked. It's not going to be for everyone, and it might not be as amazing on the next persons skin like it is on mine, but it's worth a shot!

on 9/3/2016 5:32:00 PM

Personally this did not work on my skin. It either made my acne worse or just didn't clean my face well enough because I have had so many more breakouts since I started using this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does a great job controlling my oily skin. My skin not completely dry but at least my make up stays. Prior use cetephil for oily skin, my make up always runs especially at my nose. I swear by this product

on 8/18/2016 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this cleanser!
It doesn't break me out and this is my second batch already.

The cleanser is pretty pricey but worth it honesty. Also, I only use it at night when my skin has been greasy and dirty all day. This product odes foam up as well. A little goes a long way.

There was a time when my skin had an allergic reaction to a toner and I still used this product at night but it didn't irritate my skin at all.

It's pretty difficult to find a good cleanser for oily and sensitive skin without breaking the bank but this product is worth a try!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually used this cleanser when my face was on the combination-to-oily side. I didn't really care for the scent of it (did not care for the masking fragrance that's added to it). Overall, it did nothing special for my skin at all. I have found nothing special about any of the Cetaphil cleansers that i have tried, which is why, i have no interest in buying them anynore. As, Cetaohil just isn't the line for me.

on 4/11/2016 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My face is very oily with mild to moderate acne (less than 10 pimples). I was doing ok with the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, which cleanses my face and does not make me breakout. Nevertheless, I still gave this oily skin cleanser a try since I trust Cetaphil products.

BIG MISTAKE.

I just recovered from a major hormonal breakout around my chin area when I switched cleansers. At first, I was really determined this cleanser would further improve my skin because of the positive reviews I've read. (Note: There were also negative reviews).

It has fragrance (should have been a warning sign already). My face feels clean and tight after using it. After 2 days, I started to have 2 small red bumps on my forehead. I still pursued using it. On the 4th day, another bump appeared on my chin area. I immediately stopped using the cleanser and switched back to the Cetaphil gentle cleanser.

9 days after and I'm still recovering from the 3 pimples this cleanser has caused. I would not recommend it for those who have sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this facial wash! it helps me clean the oil and doesn't make my face dry!

on 8/31/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried the Gentle cleanser before this one, which I did not like. At first, I thought this might work. It lathered a bit, which felt it was cleaning and removing my makeup better. It has a slight clean fragrance which I like. It felt like it rinsed completely off my face which I felt the Cetaphil Gentle cleanser didn't quite rinse off. But this stuff dried my face out. It became dry, tight, red with flakes all over my skin. Oh, and it made my nose really oily!!? I already have really oily skin but like a half and hour after washing my face all the pores on my nose had oil appearing. Not good.

on 11/25/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Don't really like this cleanser because I find that it is too gentle, after washing my face with this I dont find that it gets rid of all my oil on my face - I go back to using my facewash from korea (A-solutions). Maybe I prefer foamy washes that really sucks out all my oils but I find that this cleanser does not even take away any oils from my face, so no definitely not repurchasing this stuff even though its cheaper than my wash from korea.

on 10/6/2014 2:10:00 AM

This is a great cleanser for acne prone skin it cleans really well but is still gentle. Easy to use in the shower but I do tend to double cleanse on days I wear heavier makeup. This is not harsh so you can use it multiple times a day and it won't dry out your skin