Dior Dreamskin

Dior Dreamskin

3.0

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Sceptical at first, I gave Dreamskin a try expecting to be either very wowed or very disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised. The formula is smooth and fragrant and literally gives your skin a soft focus filter in seconds. Great for my dry, red skin and an excellent primer that made makeup last all day. Going to pick up my second bottle soon! X

on 7/16/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I actually really likes this product, wish I wasn't out of it. I used alone and under my matte foundation and it seemed to help with the application of my foundation as well as help with shine control. I like the smell. The tint. The feeling of my face after. For me this was a winner.

on 2/1/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This product didn't do anything for me. Flesh colored and sheer, I applied this under my foundation. It didn't really illuminate or act as a makeup primer for my foundation, and was heavily fragranced. It didn't live up to the "dream skin" hype either. Fortunately, I was using a sample.

on 10/30/2015 5:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this throughout the summer, with a total block underneath. Much as wanted to love this product, I think the only thing I do love is the name, and I probably bought it because I wanted "Dream Skin". Unfortunately it remained a dream and I will not repurchase.
It's not offensive in the least, however if feels like one of those products I apply in the vain hope of actually seeing a result - and my dream skin - however I can safely say that after 3 months this is going to be relegated to a body lotion until it runs out.

I have been trying to find a replacement for Philosophy's The Present for years now, but it seems like I'm going back to a product that actually does smooth my lines and hides my pores. I just wish Philosophy would put their products in more hygenic packaging because one bonus of Dream Skin is the pump dispenser, which The Present lacks.

I have combination skin prone to acne (even at my age, in my mid-40s). I use this over my moisturizer. It is absolutely wonderful. It provides a very understated luminosity. I did find, surprisingly to me, that my skin did improve over time. I also like that the container is refillable at the Dior counter.

I find that I can get away with just using concealer and a light brushing of Diorskin powder. This is a great, subtle, "le no make up" look.

The size I purchased is 1.7fl oz. I have been very slowly adding more and more Dior products to my regimen, and I can honestly say that I love the quality and packaging on all of them.

ALLERGIC! My skin became inflamed due to using this for just a few days. It feels 'mask-like' on skin and looks good though feels tight. Super expensive. If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest you avoid this.

on 3/21/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have been using a sample pot of this from a Dior Boutique for two weeks now and can say I will not be purchasing a full size. This is a thin but not watery serum that has some glow to it, to be used over moisturizer but under makeup--basically a primer that is skincare too. It does make my foundation look nice and smooth like a primer would, and the texture of this product is very nice. Its not thick or sticky and doesn't affect my foundation in a negative way. However, this product is not sustainable for me to use. Alcohol is very high on the ingredient list, so much so that this product burns my skin when I apply it. For reference though, I don't use any skincare product or makeup product with alcohol, so it could be that I am thus overly sensitive if I do try something with alcohol. I wanted to try this product, despite seeing alcohol on the ingredient list because it looked so nice in the pot and the description seemed interesting. As well, many new foundations these days have alcohol, and I wanted to see if I was missing anything. After two weeks of wear, the burning when I apply this is still present, and my skin feels like it has a slight sunburn all day every day when I've used this. I have read that alcohol in high concentration in skincare actually hurts your skin. This does give a pretty glow to the skin, so I wonder if mixing it with a foundation, versus applying it on its own, would help to buffer the burn and still maintain the pretty glow. This product dos nothing to prolong the wear of my foundation, so its not totally like a primer in that respect. It doesn't add any color to my skin or change my foundation color. Dreamskin is over $100 retail. In comparison, Armani Fluid Sheers are more shimmery on me, whereas Dreamskin is pure luminous glow, no discernible shimmer. Nice product, wish it didn't have alcohol.

on 3/14/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I stumbled on this unexpectedly when I got a deluxe sample in my Selfridges online order. I already have a pretty complicated skincare regime so I usually just rebuy my old favourites. I would have never thought about trying Dior skincare.

Anyway, within 3 days of using my sample, I was totally sold on it and decided to buy it. Yes, it is really expensive and it comes in only a 30 ml/1 oz size. However, I've been using my sample for 3 weeks, twice a day and I still haven't finished it because a small amount is enough to spread over my face.

This is a pinky peach, thick cream that goes over your moisturiser as the last step in your skincare routine. In the morning, I put it over moisturiser, under sunscreen. At night, it's the last thing I put on my face. The immediate effect this gives is a smoothing one with a slight glow. I'm going to say that there's alcohol and silicons in this (hence the spreadability) but it doesn't affect my opinion of the product as it hasn't dried out my skin and the silicons in it are not annoying me as they don't give the weirdly-smooth finish that some primers like Benefit Pore-fessional have. In short, my skin feels matte and naturally smooth after putting this on.

After 3 weeks, I noticed that my skin has become a lot smoother. There is also a slight glow to it even when I don't put Dreamskin on my face, so it can't be the silicons fooling me. By the way, this is not an oil-control type of thing so if you're oily, you still need your usual products. There is also a strong floral fragrance to this. I like it, it's quite inoffensive and generic smelling. I'm happy to add this wonderful product to my skincare arsenal.

on 3/22/2014 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very heavily fragranced, I seriously disliked that. The product actually burned my eye area.

So I stopped using it around my eyes, but continued to use it for about 5 weeks. It basically felt like a thin silicone mask to me. I never saw any benefit to my skin or in using it under my foundation. On the contrary, I wasn't in love with how my various foundations performed on top of it.

Wish I had sent it back to Dior for a refund when it was possible. I actually saw benefit to my skin when I stopped using it! But that credit goes to the Skinceuticals CE Freulic that I recently started using.

I've been seriously disappointed in the majority of Dior products that I've purchased recently. I guess I'll stick with their brushes and brush cleaner and stop wasting my money on their other products.

on 4/4/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

NOT RECOMMENDED for OILY skin!

Absorbed pretty quickly but felt heavy in pores.

Temporarily made skin look good like a primer.

Made my skin much much more oily just in two days of use. It took me a whole week to get my very oily skin balanced again.

Please try a sample before purchasing it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors