Maybelline Nude Lust (920)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ended up buying this entire line except for the darkest (not a dark lippy fan) and Stormy Sahara (too orange peachy for my skin).

For a lippie that I could say Id be able to apply and go - this is the one. It compliments my skin tone for a nude, which is why its my favorite. It was either this or Blushing Beige, but blushing beige pulls more pink and just a hair too light to wear alone (i wear it with gloss).

I think these nude lipstick shades (all brands) are all dependent upon your skin undertone (warm, cool, yellow, pink). Ive found with my strong yellow understone (sometimes i look jaundiced next to my bf who has pink undertones) that I have to avoid peachy/coral nudes. They look completely wrong (example: ELF's Party in the Buff). Nothing wrong with those, they just dont work with my skin.

Nude Lust is my HG nude lip shade for my skin and lips. I do love the others (sinamon, touchable taupe etc..) and found they ran darker but seem to still land in the same undertone as Nude Lust. Maple Kiss was leaning peachy as did Stormy Sahara but i really think its trial and error on finding your right shade!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is very bluh! In less than an hour, it disappears. It is very neutral and looks boring. The only positive is that it is moisturizing.

This is a very nice neutral nude. I did not find falling on overly cool or warm side on my skin tone which is light/med warm. It's uncomplicated and totally wearable and looks especially fab with a smoky eye look. I do like a liner with it to give it a little extra umph. I don't think I'd try it with a no make-up look since that's not what this look is about for my skin tone anyway. The scent is good, but not great; but then again this is not $20+ either so can't complain too much about that. It's certainly not offensive or overly perfumed. It's like a mild vanilla. It has pretty good staying power as well.

I absolutely love this lipstick. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup! It's soo natural looking.

The applied color is a natural-looking nude. It isn't a fair skin color nude; it covers up my naturally pinkish-red lips by making them into a natural shade of nude, slightly darker than my fair skin.

If you are looking for a completely nude--and I mean NUDE---lipstick, try the Maybelline color in 910 Bare All. I also have this color and it is completely NUDE and blends great with fair to medium skin tones.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This was truly awful on me. One little tube of lipstick managed to pull all of the color out of my face and make me look like death warmed over - too light and too beige for my skintone. Loved the texture, though, which is the only reason I'm giving it two stars.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I was very excited to try The Buffs collection by Maybelline because I love the nude lip look. My first purchase from the collection was Truffle Tease (930). Truffle Tease on my skin/lip tone turned out to be a very neutral pinkish/beige color. Nude Lust on me is more of a pastel pinkish/beige, for more of the "Buff" look (as shown in my photos).

I think each color in this collection will look different on everyone, depending on their skin tone. The two colors that I reviewed are more on the "toned down" side of the palate, as you can find a more dramatic "Buff" look with some of the other color choices. As mentioned in my review for Truffle Tease, you can use clear or pink gloss, or lip liner, to change the final result of the color, depending on the effect that you are trying to achieve. I find this lipstick to be very creamy and moisturizing and I will definitely stick with this collection for a while.

Popular Lipsticks