Maybelline Nude Lust (920)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

I was surprised to like this one!!! Nude lust is the third shade of the Buffs collection and it goes from lightest to darkest, so this one comes right after Bare All and Blushing Beige. I'm fair so I assumed that since it was #3 in the line up it would be too dark on me but nope it's stunning! This is a very universal color. Both medium skin tones and fair can wear it. It does lean cool toned but you can still rock it if you have warm undertones (it may just look pinker rather than nude) It's a simple color (not to be confused with the word boring)! It will go with any makeup. This fleshy pink has a subtle gloss that makes my lips look plump. The Buffs collection all look very glossy minus the feel of goopy gloss which is my favorite for that dewey finish.

I would put this in the same category as the cult classics Rimel Airy Fairy and L'oreal Fairest Nude. In fact I think it's prettier because it leans more neutral while Fairest Nude can be too brown for the pale and Airy Fairy can lean too Mauvey for a nude lippie.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ended up buying this entire line except for the darkest (not a dark lippy fan) and Stormy Sahara (too orange peachy for my skin).

For a lippie that I could say Id be able to apply and go - this is the one. It compliments my skin tone for a nude, which is why its my favorite. It was either this or Blushing Beige, but blushing beige pulls more pink and just a hair too light to wear alone (i wear it with gloss).

I think these nude lipstick shades (all brands) are all dependent upon your skin undertone (warm, cool, yellow, pink). Ive found with my strong yellow understone (sometimes i look jaundiced next to my bf who has pink undertones) that I have to avoid peachy/coral nudes. They look completely wrong (example: ELF's Party in the Buff). Nothing wrong with those, they just dont work with my skin.

Nude Lust is my HG nude lip shade for my skin and lips. I do love the others (sinamon, touchable taupe etc..) and found they ran darker but seem to still land in the same undertone as Nude Lust. Maple Kiss was leaning peachy as did Stormy Sahara but i really think its trial and error on finding your right shade!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This colour is pretty much exact to 'tantalizing taupe 725' which was released here in NZ - however I have got a hold of one of each and this shade is just a fraction more peachy than the taupe and hence a tad more wearable than the taupe though I love both - such amazing pale nudes for fair skin!