79%
package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

I have bought several of the Maybelline Buffs collection since they came out but mostly used Untainted Spice. Lately I experimented with my few nude shades and realized that Nude Lust is the most perfect shade for my light skin. I usually avoid true nudes because they make my lips disappear, and I thought I needed the darker shades. But as always, photos and even the mirror tell me I look terrible in red or burgundy lipstick. A perfect nude shade like Nude Lust needs to be outlined with a slightly darker shade to look right. I also have this in the palest shade, Bare All, which I sometimes use but only blended with this one. I don't see any trace of pink, purple, peach or yellow in this neutral shade and it looks just right. So for a perfect sculpted, natural and shiny lip, I mix Untainted Spice, Nude Lust, and Bare All. It makes me feel 17 again. Nothing wrong with that!

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

Oohhh where has this been all my life? This is such a beautiful pinky/neutral nude color! I am very pale (nc10) and this looks really good on me! 10/10. I also love the smell of maybelline lippies, they are my favorite drugstore lipsticks! Love this! If you are fair, get this and try it!

About reviewer (72 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

2 years ago

I was surprised to like this one!!! Nude lust is the third shade of the Buffs collection and it goes from lightest to darkest, so this one comes right after Bare All and Blushing Beige. I'm fair so I assumed that since it was #3 in the line up it would be too dark on me but nope it's stunning! This is a very universal color. Both medium skin tones and fair can wear it. It does lean cool toned but you can still rock it if you have warm undertones (it may just look pinker rather than nude) It's a simple color (not to be confused with the word boring)! It will go with any makeup. This fleshy pink has a subtle gloss that makes my lips look plump. The Buffs collection all look very glossy minus the feel of goopy gloss which is my favorite for that dewey finish. I would put this in the same category as the cult classics Rimel Airy Fairy and L'oreal Fairest Nude. In fact I think it's prettier because it leans more neutral while Fairest Nude can be too brown for the pale and Airy Fairy can lean too Mauvey for a nude lippie.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

Age

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

I ended up buying this entire line except for the darkest (not a dark lippy fan) and Stormy Sahara (too orange peachy for my skin). For a lippie that I could say Id be able to apply and go - this is the one. It compliments my skin tone for a nude, which is why its my favorite. It was either this or Blushing Beige, but blushing beige pulls more pink and just a hair too light to wear alone (i wear it with gloss). I think these nude lipstick shades (all brands) are all dependent upon your skin undertone (warm, cool, yellow, pink). Ive found with my strong yellow understone (sometimes i look jaundiced next to my bf who has pink undertones) that I have to avoid peachy/coral nudes. They look completely wrong (example: ELF's Party in the Buff). Nothing wrong with those, they just dont work with my skin. Nude Lust is my HG nude lip shade for my skin and lips. I do love the others (sinamon, touchable taupe etc..) and found they ran darker but seem to still land in the same undertone as Nude Lust. Maple Kiss was leaning peachy as did Stormy Sahara but i really think its trial and error on finding your right shade!

About reviewer (433 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Finally, a drugstore lipstick I like! This is very similar to Mac Viva Glam II. It's very creamy and moisturizing. The only negative is that it transfers/wears off quickly, so I'll have to carry it around with me.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

EyesBrown

3.0

4 years ago

This lipstick matches the color of my fingertips. It's pinkish beige, somewhat sheer, and it has the usual Barbie figurine scent of a Maybelline lipstick. It's slippery and it only lasts a few hours. Apparently the color is really hard make - the dupes on Temptalia are all B's and C's - but it's the lighter brain of my lips but better, so for me, it's essential.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

This product is very bluh! In less than an hour, it disappears. It is very neutral and looks boring. The only positive is that it is moisturizing.

About reviewer (917 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

5 years ago

This is a very nice neutral nude. I did not find falling on overly cool or warm side on my skin tone which is light/med warm. It's uncomplicated and totally wearable and looks especially fab with a smoky eye look. I do like a liner with it to give it a little extra umph. I don't think I'd try it with a no make-up look since that's not what this look is about for my skin tone anyway. The scent is good, but not great; but then again this is not $20+ either so can't complain too much about that. It's certainly not offensive or overly perfumed. It's like a mild vanilla. It has pretty good staying power as well.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This colour is pretty much exact to 'tantalizing taupe 725' which was released here in NZ - however I have got a hold of one of each and this shade is just a fraction more peachy than the taupe and hence a tad more wearable than the taupe though I love both - such amazing pale nudes for fair skin!

About reviewer (500 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I absolutely love this lipstick. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing any makeup! It's soo natural looking. The applied color is a natural-looking nude. It isn't a fair skin color nude; it covers up my naturally pinkish-red lips by making them into a natural shade of nude, slightly darker than my fair skin. If you are looking for a completely nude--and I mean NUDE---lipstick, try the Maybelline color in 910 Bare All. I also have this color and it is completely NUDE and blends great with fair to medium skin tones.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18