Lumene Natural Code Skin Perfector Matt Makeup

4.3

on 5/2/2016 11:55:00 AM

Overall an nice 'extra' foundation. I use this with another foundation on a daily basis because the coverage is not quite enough for me since I have a bit of red scarring from my acne and it doesn't quite cover them alone. When I add a thin or medium layer on top of my other foundation it gives a perfect matte finish, and it really lasts quite sometime.

The package is very handy and the shade I purchased was a perfect match since I'm quite fair with yellow undertones, and it really bugs me that the fair ones are usually a little pink and so I tend to look weird. Doesn't break me out, which is a big plus. If it had more coverage, it would be perfect for me, but it works this way too.

I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I didn't really expect much from it, I picked it up just to be a "back-up foundation" until I was able to purchase something more expensive. I'm very fair skinned with yellow undertones and it has been difficult to find foundations fair enough. Usually they turn out to be too pink or orange. Only shade that has matched me in the past was NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia and gotta say, this is a pretty close match.

It is a matte foundation, but not full coverage. I'd say it's a light to medium coverage, you can build it up pretty well but it seemed how ever much I tried to layer it, I didn't get the coverage I needed. For the good skin days, this would be a great choice. However it didn't break me out at all, controlled oiliness thorough the day and didn't oxidise - not bad for 11€ foundation.

I do feel that I have to use a lot of product to achieve a reasonable coverage. It comes in a nice squeezy tube, so it's easy to control the amount you want, even just for little touch-ups. It has a faint scent, kind of flowery - a nice change after MAC Studio Fix's paint-like smell. The product has a bit of gel-like consistency, it's not too runny but not super thick either; it's easy to blend.

I'm gonna keep using this foundation, maybe try it with other primers and powders to see if I can build up the coverage.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

I absolutely love this foundation! I have combination acne-prone skin that sometimes gets flaky and dry and this is the only foundation out of a huge range I tried that I would repurchase. I blends in nicely, doesn't cause any breakouts, feels nice on the skin and looks natural. It gives you medium coverage - evens out skin tone and covers minor blemishes, for anything bigger you're going to need a concealer. It lasts for a considerable amount of time and I've never had it stain anything or roll off my face. The range of shades is also nice. I use #10 Vanilla for winter and #11 Cream for summer as my skin is fair.

on 3/4/2014 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This foundation is very nice, blends in well and makes skin looks natural but also covers nicely the blemishes of skin and reduces redness. Great for young skin. Not too expensive, actually considerably cheap but still good product. Smells pleasant and moisturises a bit too.