MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting SPF 30

MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correcting SPF 30

3.7

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.4%, Octisalate 4%, Zinc Oxide 3.3%, Oxybenzone 2.5%, Titanium Dioxide 1.1%. Inactive: Water\Aqua\Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Caffeine, Glycerin, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Oryzanol, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Silica, Alumina, Sorbitan Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Urea, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides, Iron Oxides , Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Yellow 5 Lake.

Ehm...mixed feelings. Finished the first tube and not quite sure if I'll repurchase. Had it in Adjust (peachy beige) and though it really didn't cover anything whatsoever it gives my dull skin natural glowy and healthy look. Got a lot of compliments on my complexion wearing this. Also most of the times I had to mix it with other BB creams for extra coverage, mixes really well, loved the results everytime.
My skin is acne prone, combination oily to normal with dry patches, love the feeling of this cc cream on the skin, didn't break me out, doesn't feel oily, has a SPF 30 so overall really great product.
BUT! I've got a feeling I might find something cheaper for what it is, not sure but I'll try.
Still I'll probably repurchase this when I'll have some extra cash :)

I have some redness on my face, while having yellow undertones. I bought the yellow one, to use on days when my redness is more prominent, and because it has a high SPF factor.
And I'm disappointed. It reduced redness but very minimally. The things I like about this product: the handy tube, SPF 30.
The bad: can go on streaky- you have to blend quickly and thoroughly- it sets almost immediately. It doesn't prolong the wear of my foundation. It makes my base makeup feel thick and heavy. Makes me oily very quickly. Like, after a few hours I want to remove my makeup- ASAP.
And the main con: it breaks me out if I use it two days in a row. Usually high-end product don't make my skin break out, unfortunately it was one of the few exceptions. (I have combination skin.)

on 11/20/2015 7:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I am on the fence about this. It does correct. It won't cover serious redness or breakouts, but it will dampen redness. It's not a CC cream it's a correcting primer. I have the yellow one. It's not so opaque that it looks crazy. It actually does dampen redness better than I expected, but I have bad redness. It is a big thick. Anyway it's not a bad product. It is quite thick going on so you only need a little bit.

Update: I took a star off. I wish I could give 31/2. It's not bad. It does correct. It's the texture that is a big dry and thick as primer. II think clogs my skin.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very pleased with this CC. I always feel like my face lacks a radiance and this have me a pretty good dose of it all while keeping my makeup in place. I purchased this somewhat disappointed because the bottle seemed so tiny, but it actually lasted about two months. I've been out in the sun practically all summer gross and sweaty, but it really held it's ground. I do minimal makeup touches throughout the day. Not an HG, but pretty solid stuff.

on 3/17/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm an NC42 (Winter and Spring) and can go up to NC44 in the summer months. I had purchased this in January in the shade Illuminate (lavender). I was skeptical because I assumed Adjust and/or Recharge would be better suited for me. I can't attest for the colour correcting because this doesn't do anything but make my skin look lighter before foundation. But as a primer I like it. It's my spf and primer in one step. Not the longest last primer I own, but with my combo skin (which can get dry around my mouth) I can get a decent 5-6 hour wear. And foundation sits amazingly well with this.

on 1/27/2015 3:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The guy at the MAC counter spoke very highly about this product but when i told him that i have very sensitive skin and i couldn't buy without trying it, he gave me some sample. i didn't use it for a long time because i like using powder on my combination skin. When the winter hit really hard, my face started to reject powder and i decided to give the sample a shot. i really liked the result. My face looks very even and radiant but i must say it doesn't give a tiny coverage. But it moisturizes well and as a surprise it didn't cause me to breakout. It blends well with my skin tone and it stays for a long time on my face, about 6-7 hours. I don't put anything else on it, so i don't know how it would look like with foundation. If you like a natural look and have an uneven skin tone go ask for a sample but if you're looking for a moderate coverage, this product is not for you.

This was used on me at the MAC counter when I went to have my makeup done for my engagement photos last spring. I don't really have a lot of redness on my face that needs correcting, but I use this faithfully under my MAC foundation and it is really lovely. Light, buttery, and it seems to make my foundation go on even better as well. My favorite thing about this product though is if you don't need a lot of coverage and are going for a light makeup day, this works well without any foundation over it. Some days when I don't have time to do my full face I will throw this on, some light lip balm, mascara, and do my brows and I'm set! It's like sunscreen with a bit of a tint to it!

on 9/14/2014 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

ETA: Unfortunately, however well this color corrects, I had to knock off 2 stars since I sweat it off. I tried to use it many times for my a.m. exercise outside as my sunscreen/redness corrector and yellowy whiteness drips down my face and neck causing people to ask what is wrong with my skin :( since this turned into one of its primary functions, I will stick to sport sunscreen and MSFN for exercise. It also does the same types of weird things under makeup if I sweat with it on. Oh well. If you're not sweaty like me, I'd definitely give this a go!

Oh neutralize how I love thee! I tried this to use under my face and body particularly but it's now an everyday staple under ANYTHING I wear! I wear this from chest to forehead haha as my chest and neck are red and need SPF year round or will get redder. SPF works great; did not burn on a big sunny outing. Keeps makeup in place. Doesn't make me more oily. Most importantly, it REALLY does work in neutralizing red! It's yellow not green and for me this worked better than the green primers. I can even dust some MSFN in medium over this! And be good for a light day! I'm an Nw20 but lately like the C's to further neutralize my redness. Will ALWAYS repurchase. I've tried clinique yellow powder, MUFE & smashbox green primers, etc none hold a candle to this baby.

I had high hopes for this product. I bought it in Illuminate (lavender) with the intent to use it as a primer. As far as the priming power goes, I thought it was very poor and saw no noticeable difference with or without this on my skin, but i stuck with it for about a week. BIG MISTAKE. By the end of the week i had at least 3 huge pimples on my forehead and around 4 around my nose and cheeks. A big disappointment for me as I already suffer from acne-prone skin.

If there was one positive about this product it would be the packaging, it comes in a gorgeous black iridescent tube which is one of the reasons I purchased the product in the first place.

I have this in the shade recharge. I have paleish skin and this is a dark enough shade but I like to look tanned and I find this natural. It is not too dark at all nor orange. This gives a nice glow to the skin. The thing I don't like about it is that it gathers around my mouth area and looks really bad and when I try to rub it in and blend it it doens't blend. But other than that its nice and but I'm not sure if I would repurchase.