Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder (New)

4.2

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Isoceteth-10, Caprylyl Glycol, Nylon-12, Water, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate

I was looking for a mattifying powder for my oily T-zone. Sephora was out of UD De-slick so I thought I´d give this a try. The girl at the counter recommended it as well. Have to say it really does nothing for oil control. Great for under-eye, as it is really fine, but overall I do not recommend this for combination/oily skin. It may work well for normal/dry.

Probably the worst powder I've tried! It made every single foundation look so white and cakey and like i had million dry patches, even though I have combination skin( oily T-zone, the rest is normal)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really do love this product so I thought it was essential that I wrote a review.
I have dark and oily skin and this keeps me matte all day! It's brilliant and I don't have too much of a problem with the price. The packaging is sleek and nice. I recommend applying it with a flat top powder brush for the best effect. The product is also quite long lasting, I had it for like 7 months +. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BUYING ANOTHER ONE

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been really happy with this product. Really convenient and good quality packaging. The powder seems to have lasted me ages, I use most days and I have been using it for 9 months and think I probably have another months use. It keeps shine at bay for me on my t zone, and provides a soft smooth base for my other powder products. Will repurchase. Hope this helps.

I went to Sephora to try Tarte Rainforest from the Sea (waterbased) foundation but they didn't have it. The SA suggested MUFE Ultra HD foundation and I bought that in Y245. I do quite like the foundation however it's not perfection by itself and I can feel it on my face somewhat. However I'm willing to put up with that if it performs well. My issues are redness, discolouration, fine lines and dry spots. And waxy/greasy shine that's hard to get rid of without looking dry and powdery, and greasy break through if I don't dab and powder a lot through out the day.

However I also bought this HD powder - and using this over the foundation brought it all together. I only used it on the right side of my face and posted a picture for you to see. You can see the foundation alone is alright, but still allows redness and waxy/greasy shine to show. But when I added this powder - perfection! And my skin is so soft to the touch on the powder side. It's unbelievable the different between that and the none powdered side! If this powder is so great, why do I need the expensive foundation? I don't know yet, but I'll be wearing these together to create the perfect look I want.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small sample size cause I'm trying to carry less (or smaller) stuff with me and needed a new pressed powder as I have very oily skin that shines no matter what by mid-morning. I hate to pay this much for a pressed powder but this one is seriously good ... gives a super sheer finish that doesn't alter the colour of your face or foundation but looks totally natural and not powdery, so that if you need to reapply multiple times (as I do) it doesn't appear to build up but has no problem absorbing the shine that is there. I have not seen any "white" appearance to my face at all like others mention -- maybe it depends how you apply it as I use a brush and it goes on sheer with that. I think its a lot to expect for a pressed powder to prevent shine all day long, as some reviewers criticized this for -- it lasts for a few hours for me just like pretty much any pressed powder and I have no problem with that. Its pretty awesome, I will probably buy full size later even though it costs as much as it does.

This powder really makes good pictures. Like some really good filter. You don't need much of this product. For every day use it is like another powder foundation (rimmel stay matte or mac studio fix). But for photos amazing thing. Take picture and then you will see difference!

i use this as a setting powder and i find it okayyy....didnt bother my super sensitive skin and no break out from it....however it doesnt really set my makeup welll...my face still feels a bit wet after applying...and there is absolutely no oil control power....my t zone is oily within an hr and i must blot...still in search for better...this is probably more suitable for people with true dry skin. And there is absolute no blur/soft focus effects what so ever...i have put this powder on half of my face first and compare with the side without......i can almost say the side without looks smoother and brighter.....this gives my face a powdery look yet uneven texture.....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this pressed powder! I wear a light layer every day and I've had the same compact for about 2 years. The powder helps reduce oil and transfer while it makes my foundation look softly luminous and matte. It looks great in pictures too, as long as you keep a light layer, otherwise you'll have a shiny white face (especially in flash photography).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because the Sephora rep said it would keep shine away. It didn't. Won't repurchase. On the upside, it didn't break me out or leave a white cast. If it controlled oil better, I would repurchase. I'll finish it and then look for something else.