Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder Finishing Powder

3.9

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Isoceteth-10, Caprylyl Glycol, Nylon-12, Water, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I purchased this after seeing heaps of hype from the internet. My first impression of the powder was how expensive it is in Australia, but decided to give it a go anyway in case it made me look amazing.
The powder applies just fine, nothing too special though and didn't do anything a drugstore powder couldn't.
The reason I will never purchase this again is the absolutely INSANE flashback! This product shows up so badly in flash photos I literally have no idea how much money those bloggers were paid to say it's good because it is honestly terrible and I will never touch it again!

I don't get the hype about this product. I thoroughly read the MUFE description & directions for use, and expected it to improve the look of my skin. I applied my usual concealer and my Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer, which works like a sheer foundation for me. Then I carefully applied a small amount of this with a brush. No difference, except that my skin looked slightly more matte and dry with no luminosity, and I had to buff a LOT to try to blend out the white, blotchy cast it left. No blurring effect, nothing impressive. Maybe it makes a difference in photography, but I'm not into selfies, and just want to look my best when I go out.This product didn't help at all, just the opposite.

I got a sample of the loose HD powder and I like it better than this. I think the loose powder blurs the skin more and both are best applied using bare fingers! but that's a big no no because you're gonna put too much and hellooo flash back!! This is compact so I can bring it anywhere and it's good on top of MUFE's Profinish powder. It makes my face less oily and I usually retouch the oily sides with this.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really do love this product so I thought it was essential that I wrote a review.
I have dark and oily skin and this keeps me matte all day! It's brilliant and I don't have too much of a problem with the price. The packaging is sleek and nice. I recommend applying it with a flat top powder brush for the best effect. The product is also quite long lasting, I had it for like 7 months +. I WILL DEFINITELY BE BUYING ANOTHER ONE

I was looking for a mattifying powder for my oily T-zone. Sephora was out of UD De-slick so I thought I´d give this a try. The girl at the counter recommended it as well. Have to say it really does nothing for oil control. Great for under-eye, as it is really fine, but overall I do not recommend this for combination/oily skin. It may work well for normal/dry.

Probably the worst powder I've tried! It made every single foundation look so white and cakey and like i had million dry patches, even though I have combination skin( oily T-zone, the rest is normal)

I went to Sephora to try Tarte Rainforest from the Sea (waterbased) foundation but they didn't have it. The SA suggested MUFE Ultra HD foundation and I bought that in Y245. I do quite like the foundation however it's not perfection by itself and I can feel it on my face somewhat. However I'm willing to put up with that if it performs well. My issues are redness, discolouration, fine lines and dry spots. And waxy/greasy shine that's hard to get rid of without looking dry and powdery, and greasy break through if I don't dab and powder a lot through out the day.

However I also bought this HD powder - and using this over the foundation brought it all together. I only used it on the right side of my face and posted a picture for you to see. You can see the foundation alone is alright, but still allows redness and waxy/greasy shine to show. But when I added this powder - perfection! And my skin is so soft to the touch on the powder side. It's unbelievable the different between that and the none powdered side! If this powder is so great, why do I need the expensive foundation? I don't know yet, but I'll be wearing these together to create the perfect look I want.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been really happy with this product. Really convenient and good quality packaging. The powder seems to have lasted me ages, I use most days and I have been using it for 9 months and think I probably have another months use. It keeps shine at bay for me on my t zone, and provides a soft smooth base for my other powder products. Will repurchase. Hope this helps.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small sample size cause I'm trying to carry less (or smaller) stuff with me and needed a new pressed powder as I have very oily skin that shines no matter what by mid-morning. I hate to pay this much for a pressed powder but this one is seriously good ... gives a super sheer finish that doesn't alter the colour of your face or foundation but looks totally natural and not powdery, so that if you need to reapply multiple times (as I do) it doesn't appear to build up but has no problem absorbing the shine that is there. I have not seen any "white" appearance to my face at all like others mention -- maybe it depends how you apply it as I use a brush and it goes on sheer with that. I think its a lot to expect for a pressed powder to prevent shine all day long, as some reviewers criticized this for -- it lasts for a few hours for me just like pretty much any pressed powder and I have no problem with that. Its pretty awesome, I will probably buy full size later even though it costs as much as it does.

This powder really makes good pictures. Like some really good filter. You don't need much of this product. For every day use it is like another powder foundation (rimmel stay matte or mac studio fix). But for photos amazing thing. Take picture and then you will see difference!