Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder (New)

4.3

Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Isoceteth-10, Caprylyl Glycol, Nylon-12, Water, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been really happy with this product. Really convenient and good quality packaging. The powder seems to have lasted me ages, I use most days and I have been using it for 9 months and think I probably have another months use. It keeps shine at bay for me on my t zone, and provides a soft smooth base for my other powder products. Will repurchase. Hope this helps.

I went to Sephora to try Tarte Rainforest from the Sea (waterbased) foundation but they didn't have it. The SA suggested MUFE Ultra HD foundation and I bought that in Y245. I do quite like the foundation however it's not perfection by itself and I can feel it on my face somewhat. However I'm willing to put up with that if it performs well. My issues are redness, discolouration, fine lines and dry spots. And waxy/greasy shine that's hard to get rid of without looking dry and powdery, and greasy break through if I don't dab and powder a lot through out the day.

However I also bought this HD powder - and using this over the foundation brought it all together. I only used it on the right side of my face and posted a picture for you to see. You can see the foundation alone is alright, but still allows redness and waxy/greasy shine to show. But when I added this powder - perfection! And my skin is so soft to the touch on the powder side. It's unbelievable the different between that and the none powdered side! If this powder is so great, why do I need the expensive foundation? I don't know yet, but I'll be wearing these together to create the perfect look I want.

To Read all 23 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought a small sample size cause I'm trying to carry less (or smaller) stuff with me and needed a new pressed powder as I have very oily skin that shines no matter what by mid-morning. I hate to pay this much for a pressed powder but this one is seriously good ... gives a super sheer finish that doesn't alter the colour of your face or foundation but looks totally natural and not powdery, so that if you need to reapply multiple times (as I do) it doesn't appear to build up but has no problem absorbing the shine that is there. I have not seen any "white" appearance to my face at all like others mention -- maybe it depends how you apply it as I use a brush and it goes on sheer with that. I think its a lot to expect for a pressed powder to prevent shine all day long, as some reviewers criticized this for -- it lasts for a few hours for me just like pretty much any pressed powder and I have no problem with that. Its pretty awesome, I will probably buy full size later even though it costs as much as it does.

This powder really makes good pictures. Like some really good filter. You don't need much of this product. For every day use it is like another powder foundation (rimmel stay matte or mac studio fix). But for photos amazing thing. Take picture and then you will see difference!

i use this as a setting powder and i find it okayyy....didnt bother my super sensitive skin and no break out from it....however it doesnt really set my makeup welll...my face still feels a bit wet after applying...and there is absolutely no oil control power....my t zone is oily within an hr and i must blot...still in search for better...this is probably more suitable for people with true dry skin. And there is absolute no blur/soft focus effects what so ever...i have put this powder on half of my face first and compare with the side without......i can almost say the side without looks smoother and brighter.....this gives my face a powdery look yet uneven texture.....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this pressed powder! I wear a light layer every day and I've had the same compact for about 2 years. The powder helps reduce oil and transfer while it makes my foundation look softly luminous and matte. It looks great in pictures too, as long as you keep a light layer, otherwise you'll have a shiny white face (especially in flash photography).

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because the Sephora rep said it would keep shine away. It didn't. Won't repurchase. On the upside, it didn't break me out or leave a white cast. If it controlled oil better, I would repurchase. I'll finish it and then look for something else.

Not sure what happened, but I had an extreme allergic reaction to this product. I do have sensitive skin, but I figured the ingredients of this product were pretty tame for my skin to handle. I broke out in tiny little bumps on my skin that took two weeks to completely clear up.

When I was using it, it did absorb excess oil. However, I will say that your face will become ghost white even if you are in a room with heavy fluorescent lighting. I wore this once in class and the room had bright, white light above and people commented that my face was very white/pale. This is tricky because even without the flash photography, certain lights will still pick up that very white color.

If you do not have sensitive skin and will just be using this out in day light, I think it is a very great product that does what it is supposed to do. One of the best setting powders I have tried compared to the Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder and Mineral Veil. This one absorbed more oil, but I was sadly allergic to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what I'm missing here. I use this pressed powder over my foundation with a round top kabuki brush and it just doesn't do anything for me. No "soft focus" or "blurring effect" to minimize skin imperfections. I had such high hopes for this product! But alas, my pores still look noticeable with this on. I also used it to set my under eye concealer and it did an ok job. Not fantastic, just ok. But at this price point, I expect better. The packaging is cute though. And it didn't break me out. Overall, an average product I wouldn't buy again.

Last year I was using the loose powder version of this product and I loved it - except that it was a bit messy to use and not very travel friendly. Ta-dah! That's when this pressed version came out and I knew I had to try it. I am on my second one and I absolutely love it.

The positives of this product are that it's pretty compact and sturdy so it's very easy to carry around with you on travels or just simply taking it to work. (It doesn't come with a puff applicator but that is okay with me since I prefer to use my brushes anyway.) I apply as little as possible on my face after applying my BB cream and it instantly mattifies my face without giving it that cakey, dull look (I use my ELF Powder Brush to apply). I also feel that it helps a bit with blurring out the imperfections that my BB cream couldn't quite cover.

The negatives? There isn't much except that the oils on my face do shine through about 6-7 hours into my day. If you want something that keeps you completely oil free all day - this might not be for you. But, I am okay with blotting and re-powdering my face so it doesn't disappoint me too much in that aspect.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE this product from it's packaging to how it looks/applies on my face - and it's worthy of an HG status in my book!