Alaffia Everyday Coconut Facial Wash

No Image

4.7

Coconut Water, Neem Extract, Papaya Extract, Saponified Virgin Coconut Oil, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Coconut Extract, Lavender Essential Oil, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this face wash. I've been using it for almost a year now and it's yet to disappoint me. It's gentle but foams nicely and gets my face clean. My face never feels dry or oily after using it. I have no experienced any irritation or breakouts from my this product. It's just a very effective, gentle budget face wash. Speaking of budget, this product is a steal at the price it goes for. The bottle is huge. I use a dime size daily and I still have half a bottle left. The pump dispenser works great and I haven't had any issue with leaks or anything. It's very each to control the amount you want to dispense. The ingredients are a major plus as well. Vegan, paraven free, coconut oils... mostly good stuff there vs many of the budget face washes at department stores. My only complaint is I'm not a fan of the scent. It's tolerable but if it gets up your nose as face washing sometimes do it's not a pleasant experience. It doesn't last long thankfully. Some people love the smell but it's just not for me. Overall like I said... very budget friendly, very effective, very gentle = very pleased customer.

on 8/8/2016 10:25:00 PM

Love everything about this cleanser. Smells nice, leaves my skin clean and soft. My chronically dry, 57 year old skin feels pliable, not tight after use.

on 6/30/2016 5:01:00 PM

Loving this face wash so far! I have dehydrated combination skin and sometimes struggle with pimples. The last face wash I was using was mainly towards acne, and over time, as my problem with pimples got better, I felt like it was just too overly drying for my face. I also wanted something more natural and cruelty free without any "nasty" ingredients. This one seemed like a winner. It's definitely not too drying at all, which I love. I don't think that it smells particularly bad like some reviews online say, but don't expect it to smell like coconut, because it doesn't at all. It doesn't really smell like something you'd clean your face with, but it is a clean smell. I don't mind it at all, anyway. I've experienced that the bottle leaks a little bit sometimes right after I've used it, but I don't mind it. Overall a really nice face wash, not too drying but not too overly moisturising either, and it hasn't broken me out (yet)! Would definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Lathers well, doesn't overdry skin, scent reminds me of lavender, gentle, no parabens, takes off face makeup (I use a separate product to get rid of mascara)

After switching to a zinc sunscreen with an oil base (Juice Beauty's BB cream, which is great) this summer, my trusty Neutrogena Ultra Gentle cleanser wasn't doing the trick anymore. It wouldn't wash the sunscreen off. Nor would soap. Knowing that coconut oil is good at dissolving oils, I tried the Alaffia Everyday wash. It took off the sunscreen easily, and I've been using it since. It's not moisturizing, but nor is it overly drying. I held off reviewing this product until the winter weather had been around a while, with the very dry heated air. So far the wash is still great -- not too drying. I like that it removes enough oils to allow my anti-aging cream to sink in and work, but it's not so drying that my skin starts drying out overall. Good stuff.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This facial wash is non-drying, thoroughly cleansing and gentle- the trifecta. It smells terrific, is low sudsing and rinses cleanly without leaving your face feeling stripped at all. The price is very generous for such a large pump bottle. I would buy this again, as I started using in Summer and it was effective enough to clean summer heat and pore grime and it is now Fall and with cooler temperatures it is not the least drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

So I have been trying to find a reasonably priced face wash for my kids to use since they are just entering the pimple years, aka teens, and have had some terrible "misses" (along with their dad's input (neutrogena acne wash). I am acne prone and my sons skin is like mine. This wash is amazing. I don't know if the jawline pimples were from the first days use of this stuff, but they have all cleared and it's only day 5. I think the pimples were there before I began this product because a doctor made me stop herbal treatment for Lyme disease before bloodwork :-(. My memory is not so good since the Lyme.

I'm going to put a container in their bathroom and have them start since it's been so good for me. My daughter likes their body lotion already.

This works for me as a good foaming cleanser, as my Anadalou creamy cleanser does not take off sunscreen. This is a new staple on my sink counter. Will update if any adverse effects show up...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice mild face wash, works best in the shower. I am not impressed because I think the larger 32 oz bottles of the EveryDay Coconut and EveryDay Shea body washes do the same job.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I wish they never discontinue this here. I am in love with this product. I have acne prone, sensitive oily skin and have been looking for a fragrance free face wash that does not irritate my skin and can also take away makeup with just one wash. And this does exactly that, granted I do like to take my eye-makeup off with grapeseed oil rather than my facewash. It also helps reduce redness and has not irritated my skin in the last 6 months that I've been using this. I will never go back to any other facewash. Their face scrub is also great, I could never use face scrubs because after a couple use I would break out, and ended up having dead skin cells (whiteheads) around my nose. This line of products have been God sent and I'm so glad I decided to try it out. I now have this face wash, their toner, their face scrub and the night lotion. I have to say I'm one happy girl :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to use in the shower, which actually works quite well for that purpose. It foams up very well despite the extra water/moisture from the shower and stays foamy when massaging into the skin. It does seem to cleanse the skin well, but I've never tried removing liquid foundation with it or anything.

I think this works well for most skin types. It doesn't moisturize at all, so very dry skin types might not benefit from it. My skin might be the slightest bit dehydrated after using this cleanser, but that's easily fixed by using a moisturizer afterwards.

The smell is very herbal and natural -- lavender and neem, I think? Not too bad, but not the best either. I think the price for the amount you get is very fair. My bottle has lasted me a long time, though I only use it once per day. The packaging is simple but effective.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that I've heard (on MUA's skin care board) that coconut ingredients are bad for acne-prone skin, which is my skin type. So I'm not sure if this could be the cause of the slight increase of breakouts I've had this year or not. If I figure out that it's not, then I would consider purchasing it again. Otherwise, I think I will find something else to use instead. I know both lavender and neem are supposed to help fight acne bacteria, so this might actually be an okay cleanser for acne-prone skins that aren't sensitive to coconut ingredients.

I entered the ingredients up above.