TATCHA Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
TATCHA Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

4.2

on 4/12/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin type: Combination oily with some fine lines and enlarged pores

I was given this as a gift 3+ years ago, and haven't skipped a day of using it since then. It's so easy to use and I like knowing that I'm effortlessly exfoliating everyday. I use in the the morning, moisturize, and then start my makeup routine. I do not use it after cleansing my face with the One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil at night before bed, as the company suggests. I think as a morning "scrub" it works great and does the job.

Gorgeous packaging and container. Extremely sturdy. I've dropped it many times from the top of the shower door onto my tile floor, and it has never cracked or broken.

Expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

on 3/22/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A little bit about myself:
-oily/combination skin
-mid 20's
-olive skin
-I live in the tropics so my makeup/skincare not only has to adapt to the insane heat + humidity but also to the office AC as well

OK this product is everything - I usually hate when people say that but credit where credit is due - I will never stop using this ever jamás de los jamáses! I usually don`t get too excited with scrubs because of my sensitive skin but this is so gentle and effective it gets the job done (exfoliates well) without any of the side effects exfoliants usually have (rough skin, redness etc)

Pros:
-Gentle exfoliator
-It actually changes your skin, leaves it smooth and clean + glowy
-A little goes a long way/lasts forever
-Controls oil
- Gets rid of those little black dots/mini white pimples

Cons:
-none, this is the Giselle B of scrubs and exfoliants

Pro Tip: Use the Tatcha Oil with this to remove makeup/exfoliate at the same time: 1 pump oil, a bit of enzyme and a few drops of water on wet face.

If you're traveling get the small one and you can fill it up with the big one when you finish it so you`ll always have it on the go.

According to Pc this contains abrasive ingredients, drying, and it is not at all moisturizing. The enzyme has little to no effect exfoliating because it's unstable. Their are better ones out there with a far less price tag. I would not purchase, ingredients are very important guys

on 5/7/2014 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using the Tatcha line of skincare products for over six months now and I am quite pleased with how beautiful, refined and soothed my skin has become. For reference, my skin is sensitive, prone to redness and becoming drier over time as I progress through perimenopause. What used to work for my skin before when it was an oil slick, now results in redness and irritation. Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder is very effective at exfoliating my skin without irritation. I use it twice a day and have not had any reactions, blemishes or irritations of any sort. I use it after cleansing with the Tatcha Cleansing Oil. A little of this product goes a very long way: just sprinkle a half a teaspoon onto the palm of your wet hands (make sure your face is still very wet) and rub your palms together to create a foamy lather and lightly massage over your fact for 10-20 seconds and rinse. It's that simple and your skin is left baby soft and smooth. While the product may appear pricey as does the whole Tatcha line, a little goes a long way with all of their products. I find that the rice powder and the other products last for months. And the results are worth it. Highly recommend!

This is a nice, GENTLE, exfoliant facial cleanser. For $65, you get 60g of product. You wet your face, pour some powder into your palm, rub your palms together to build up foam, and then apply it onto your face - wash, then rinse!

This is a very unique cleanser because it exfoliates the skin at the same time. The enzyme is gentle enough that this could be used daily, including those with dry skin. This cleanser effectively cleansed my skin, as well as giving my skin a gentle exfoliate. I have dry skin and have used this daily. I do not notice this cleanser stripping my skin of any moisture, or leaving my skin with a tight/taunt feeling.

As this is geared towards those with gentle skin..it's very gentle. I do not think this cleanser would be potent enough to wash off make up though. I suggest removing make up first with an oil/wipe/make up remover, then using this to remove any left overs and to gently cleanse the face.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. It's beautifully packaged and it is sturdy. However, it's not travel friendly as it is pretty bulky. Its fine though if its just going to sit on a counter.

Would I buy this again? No. Simply because it is expensive for the amount of product given, and because I can't use this for days that I wear makeup as it is too gentle.