Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

3.7

on 4/12/2017 3:56:00 PM

Skin type: Combination oily with some fine lines and enlarged pores

I was given this as a gift 3+ years ago, and haven't skipped a day of using it since then. It's so easy to use and I like knowing that I'm effortlessly exfoliating everyday. I use in the the morning, moisturize, and then start my makeup routine. I do not use it after cleansing my face with the One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil at night before bed, as the company suggests. I think as a morning "scrub" it works great and does the job.

Gorgeous packaging and container. Extremely sturdy. I've dropped it many times from the top of the shower door onto my tile floor, and it has never cracked or broken.

Expensive, but absolutely worth every penny.

on 3/22/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

A little bit about myself:
-oily/combination skin
-mid 20's
-olive skin
-I live in the tropics so my makeup/skincare not only has to adapt to the insane heat + humidity but also to the office AC as well

OK this product is everything - I usually hate when people say that but credit where credit is due - I will never stop using this ever jamás de los jamáses! I usually don`t get too excited with scrubs because of my sensitive skin but this is so gentle and effective it gets the job done (exfoliates well) without any of the side effects exfoliants usually have (rough skin, redness etc)

Pros:
-Gentle exfoliator
-It actually changes your skin, leaves it smooth and clean + glowy
-A little goes a long way/lasts forever
-Controls oil
- Gets rid of those little black dots/mini white pimples

Cons:
-none, this is the Giselle B of scrubs and exfoliants

Pro Tip: Use the Tatcha Oil with this to remove makeup/exfoliate at the same time: 1 pump oil, a bit of enzyme and a few drops of water on wet face.

If you're traveling get the small one and you can fill it up with the big one when you finish it so you`ll always have it on the go.

on 2/13/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wish this had worked for me since I love the idea of a gentle exfoliant, but unfortunately this was a bust. My skin is normal, with some dry areas depending on weather and allergies, and super sensitive. I bought this to use as an exfoliant a couple times a week rather than as an everyday cleanser.

The jar is nice and makes it easy to dispense the powder without a big mess, and I like the mobile closure over the pour spout so it's extra secure if traveling. After washing with my regular facial cleanser to remove makeup, I used the suggested half teaspoon amount in the palm of my hand and added some water to make a foam. It doesn't foam up a ton, it's more of a minimal foam that doesn't last very long once it's applied to my face. Nearly all traces of the foam disappears after a moment of rubbing in and it feels almost difficult to spread it around. Then it completely disappears and I feel like I'm massaging water into my skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to remove makeup with this as I doubt it would take off anything.

Honestly, this doesn't make my skin feel softer or better at all. It doesn't feel like it's doing much of anything, even providing a gentle exfoliation. And afterwards my skin feels stripped in a way, like that squeaky clean type of sensation that isn't comfortable for skin that's as sensitive as mine is. Typically I dislike exfoliants because I tend to take a very gentle approach to my skincare, but I do like plain Adzuki bean powder mixed in with my regular cleanser twice a week. So it's not as if I'm unused to exfoliants. But I've never had one that makes my skin feel so odd afterwards.

The pros are that it didn't turn my skin pink or make it sting, and the very light scent was pleasant. But otherwise I didn't like this at all and I'm returning it.

on 9/3/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Gorgeous packaging. I love the idea of a powder wash/exfoliant. I've tried a few Tatcha products in the past and didn't have good results but that packaging and all the rave reviews... I'm back, giving it another try. I purchased the full-size Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder and have used it numerous times, and every time my skin is left feeling extremely tight and dry. I have oily/dehydrated skin that's also quite reactive/sensitive and clog prone. There's a reason the directions say to use for only 10-20 seconds. According to Tatcha chemists in Japan, the pH is 9! That doesn't sound gentle to me. If you have normal skin or a strong moisture barrier then this might be ok for occasional use, but I don't understand the overall benefit.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this exfoliating gentle enzyme powder. I have been using this for a few months after the Tatcha cleansing oil and my face is really looking great. I have used powders like this years ago and thought they were nice I never repurchased those items. I was able to get a few samples of the different Tatcha enzyme powders and feel that Gentle works best for my mature sensitive skin. I love how easy it is to use and how soft and clean my skin looks and feels after I use this product. I try to stick with something for a good three months before I can say it changed my skin in some way but I feel in a week I saw improvement in my skin. In three months I saw huge improvement and felt my previous acne scars from my youth have faded and my skin texture is more even. One of the best things is having baby soft feeling skin with no dry flakes because this gets rid of my dead skin. I have also used the Classic powder and feel it is a nice product but I like the gentle the best. Tatcha just came out with a even more gentle one that has oatmeal and other good things in it and I feel that one is very good for people with super sensitive skin but I gave the jar to my teenage daughter to use. I might switch to buy it when my big jar of this gets empty. Using a enzyme powder that is so gentle after Tatcha cleansing oil is such a treat for my skin. I have used scrubs that were too rough for my skin in the past. With some cleansers my skin felt tight or would get red blotchy marks on it, then it would feel dry after. Not with this product. I can get away with using a light moisturizer or just a few drops of Tatcha Face Beauty Oil to feel like my skin has enough hydration. I also use Tatcha face mist under their beauty oil which to me hydrates my skin to accept the oil to be absorbed better. Since using Tatcha products I have literally given away 90% of all my other skin care products and I had many good products from some great lines such as Sulwhasoo, The History of Whoo, Su:m37 and Missha. I was doing more of a longer multi step Asian skin care thing but now with Tatcha it has reduced the steps I used in my previous routine.

According to Pc this contains abrasive ingredients, drying, and it is not at all moisturizing. The enzyme has little to no effect exfoliating because it's unstable. Their are better ones out there with a far less price tag. I would not purchase, ingredients are very important guys

on 1/16/2015 7:41:00 PM

One of my biggest skin care issues is getting exfoliation right. My skin is both sensitive and clog prone -- I swing between bumpiness under the skin if I neglect exfoliation, and irritation from over-exfoliating. Even if something works well, I have a problem with finding the right schedule for it. I haven't been long-term successful with the Clarisonic or konjac sponges, and former HG Paula's Choice 2% Beta Hydroxy Liquid is now a bit much. Dermatologica Microfoliant became a body scrub pretty quickly for me. I love Evan Healy products, but relying exclusively on them swung me to the clog-prone side after awhile.

So I got a travel-sized version of this for $15. And it's good! It does the job without irritating my skin, and somehow I find it easy to look at product like this and ask, "Do I need it today or not?" It's quite pleasant to use and my skin looks and feels wonderfully smooth afterward. I use even less than the recommended half teaspoon and it seems like it will last awhile.

UPDATE: Yes, the trial size does last and last! The reason being, I like this for occasional use but really can't imagine using it daily. Also, I have since read reviews suggesting that the pH is quite high, and therefore it can't be as gentle as it claims to be.

This is a nice, GENTLE, exfoliant facial cleanser. For $65, you get 60g of product. You wet your face, pour some powder into your palm, rub your palms together to build up foam, and then apply it onto your face - wash, then rinse!

This is a very unique cleanser because it exfoliates the skin at the same time. The enzyme is gentle enough that this could be used daily, including those with dry skin. This cleanser effectively cleansed my skin, as well as giving my skin a gentle exfoliate. I have dry skin and have used this daily. I do not notice this cleanser stripping my skin of any moisture, or leaving my skin with a tight/taunt feeling.

As this is geared towards those with gentle skin..it's very gentle. I do not think this cleanser would be potent enough to wash off make up though. I suggest removing make up first with an oil/wipe/make up remover, then using this to remove any left overs and to gently cleanse the face.

The only downside to this product is the packaging. It's beautifully packaged and it is sturdy. However, it's not travel friendly as it is pretty bulky. Its fine though if its just going to sit on a counter.

Would I buy this again? No. Simply because it is expensive for the amount of product given, and because I can't use this for days that I wear makeup as it is too gentle.

on 5/7/2014 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have been using the Tatcha line of skincare products for over six months now and I am quite pleased with how beautiful, refined and soothed my skin has become. For reference, my skin is sensitive, prone to redness and becoming drier over time as I progress through perimenopause. What used to work for my skin before when it was an oil slick, now results in redness and irritation. Tatcha Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder is very effective at exfoliating my skin without irritation. I use it twice a day and have not had any reactions, blemishes or irritations of any sort. I use it after cleansing with the Tatcha Cleansing Oil. A little of this product goes a very long way: just sprinkle a half a teaspoon onto the palm of your wet hands (make sure your face is still very wet) and rub your palms together to create a foamy lather and lightly massage over your fact for 10-20 seconds and rinse. It's that simple and your skin is left baby soft and smooth. While the product may appear pricey as does the whole Tatcha line, a little goes a long way with all of their products. I find that the rice powder and the other products last for months. And the results are worth it. Highly recommend!