TATCHA Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder

2.0

1 review

on 2/13/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wish this had worked for me since I love the idea of a gentle exfoliant, but unfortunately this was a bust. My skin is normal, with some dry areas depending on weather and allergies, and super sensitive. I bought this to use as an exfoliant a couple times a week rather than as an everyday cleanser.

The jar is nice and makes it easy to dispense the powder without a big mess, and I like the mobile closure over the pour spout so it's extra secure if traveling. After washing with my regular facial cleanser to remove makeup, I used the suggested half teaspoon amount in the palm of my hand and added some water to make a foam. It doesn't foam up a ton, it's more of a minimal foam that doesn't last very long once it's applied to my face. Nearly all traces of the foam disappears after a moment of rubbing in and it feels almost difficult to spread it around. Then it completely disappears and I feel like I'm massaging water into my skin. I definitely wouldn't recommend trying to remove makeup with this as I doubt it would take off anything.

Honestly, this doesn't make my skin feel softer or better at all. It doesn't feel like it's doing much of anything, even providing a gentle exfoliation. And afterwards my skin feels stripped in a way, like that squeaky clean type of sensation that isn't comfortable for skin that's as sensitive as mine is. Typically I dislike exfoliants because I tend to take a very gentle approach to my skincare, but I do like plain Adzuki bean powder mixed in with my regular cleanser twice a week. So it's not as if I'm unused to exfoliants. But I've never had one that makes my skin feel so odd afterwards.

The pros are that it didn't turn my skin pink or make it sting, and the very light scent was pleasant. But otherwise I didn't like this at all and I'm returning it.