It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.0

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 12/30/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm 51 and dealing with changing skin texture and dryness. My go-to liquid foundations have started accentuating texture and looking heavier than I'd like. Never ever thought a powder foundation would work on my aging combo skin and large pores, but this defies all my expectations. This is the most skin-like foundation I have at this point and I'm continually surprised that at my age a powder foundation is the most natural and flattering option. I'm an NC15-20 and have this in the color Light. I'm going to order Fair and mix them to achieve a better match for my winter skin, but Light is still workable for my skin tone.

What works: Applying moisturizer (CeraVe PM) on a damp face after morning wash, then applying my sunscreen (Elta MD) after moisturizer has dried down. This sunscreen has a lot of silicone slip to it, so no need for a primer. After the sunscreen has set, I apply small amount of concealer where needed. Then I start with a small amount of this foundation on a fluffy brush, building slowly as needed. After that, I buff it in with a denser face brush. This is a very quick routine in the mornings. Also, it may look heavy at first but look again in about 10 minutes and it seems to settle in and meld with skin. Wow!

After all that, I apply bronzer, contour, blush, whatever else I want and sometimes buff it together again at the end.

Pros: This evens out skin tone really well with minimal product. It covers my melasma while looking very natural and skin-like. The illumination factor also brightens my complexion and gives me an awake and rested look. I don't need to use highlighter, so that step is eliminated. Application is very quick and super simple.

Cons: On parched dry, flaky skin it can look overdone if applied too heavily. The shine can be a bit overwhelming at times, so I sometimes tone it down with some matte face powder in the T-zone. It can look a bit heavy at first but seems to meld with the skin and look natural over a few minutes, so give it some time.

Overall, I highly recommend this and will order it again and again. It's my holy grail foundation for this point in my life.

on 6/7/2015 11:26:00 PM

I wanted to try the original formula but they were out of my color so someone at ULTA suggested to try this one. I really like the idea of a "glow," however this powder accentuated all my pores and I saw pores I didn't even know I had. I'm going to try the original formula and see if that works better for my skin!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This product is not bad, but I ended up returning it and I will tell you why, first the shade selection is very limited. I did not fit in tan or Medium because Tan has a pink undertone and I need a golden one and Medium was yellow based but to light. Its really heavy coverage powder foundation, which is okay but requires blending and some finishing spray so it wont get cakey if you have oily skin this is a very good option, I myself have combo skin. so if the shade selection matches you and your looking for a powder foundation this is a great selection.

Video Reviews & Tutorials