It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by eye Color : Green
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.8

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

Not good. I am very disappointed. I had tried this powder foundation at Ulta twice. Yes, those Ulta lights can certainly be deceiving! I tried the second lightest shade and it looked fine! It was a *bit* darker than my natural skin shade, but it is the dead of summer and I get a bit darker in the face this time of year.

I was hesitant to spend $36 on this tiny compact, but I had heard such wonderful things about it (mostly) and wanted to splurge on a good foundation. I brought it home, bought two nice brushes, and did the whole "apply in circular motions" thing. Ugh.

Orange. Just NOT the right undertones. For the record I am a MAC NW20, Revlon Colorstay Buff, and Maybelline Fit Me 115. The color is so off putting, it looks like I applied a bad fake tanner to my facial skin. Yes, orange. Also I need to use concealer, it is a must under my eyes as there is really no coverage there.

When I apply it the powder simply does EVERYWHERE. I have to wear a "bib" to avoid powder all over my dress/shirt. I hear some girls say that it accents pores, lines, etc. I do see a greater instance of this compared to my oldies but goodies, like MAC Studio Fix, Fit Me, Colorstay, and L'Oreal Infallible. I also have oily skin (especially in summer!) so perhaps I should have gone with the OG formula? I also find it difficult to achieve the perfect coverage.

The compact itself is lovely, sturdy and shiny, but frankly there is not a lot of product. I bought it in late June and already am showing quite a bit of pan. It's pretty pricey so it is not a good deal.

I also had a "orange" let down with Clinique matte makeup in the tube. I think I am more of a drugstore foundation girl.

Might be good for younger girls (I am 42, but my face is in pretty good shape...but still noticing fine lines here and there) and those with a much different skin tone!

Just hit the pan on mine, so, I thought, that I can give my opinion on this product.
I really like it, so far! But I can definitely see, how it wouldn't work for problem/ageing skin.
I have it in the fair shade, I'm super pale and the shade is right up my alley, however it could be too pale for some. The next shade is "light" and it's rather dark, I would definitely try on before buying it, especially if you are pale. I use it with the primer, spraying with fix+ after applying. It does last me through a day, although my rather combination skin gets oily at the end (that's why priming is a good idea). I love the finish and how easy and quick the application is. It's glowy, but it's subtle. It definitely can accentuate imperfections on skin. So, beware. Also it's sort of chalky, I apply it before I put on my clothes, the powder flies off everywhere if you not careful enough. However the texture is very soft and finely milled, so maybe that's why. I still like it a lot and using it nearly every day:)

on 1/29/2016 2:02:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It is a powder but moist if that makes sense. Goes on with a brush better than a sponge and gives long lasting result. I have blonde hair and green eyes and bought the medium shade - it is perfect.

I have used Sheer Cover for years and this is better in my opinion.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this foundation for over a year and at first, I used it every day. Now, it just sits in my foundation drawer in my organizer. I bought it initially because I really wanted to try a new powder foundation due to the fact that, in the summer, my skin gets extremely oily, and liquid and cream foundations exacerbate the oil and end up causing breakouts. Well, this did help with oil, I'll give it that. However, it severely clogs my pores to an extent where it's extremely noticeable and the texture of my skin becomes rough to the touch because the debris in my pores is raised. No amount of exfoliation, masks, pore strips, or even a Luna Mini was able to clear them out. I had to stop using it completely, and then it took months for my skin to become smooth again, with a lot of effort and products.

As far as the foundation aspect goes, I thought it was decent, but was never blown away by it. I bought the shade Light, which is actually too tan looking for my neutral undertones that do lean more toward yellow (as opposed to pink). The coverage itself is so-so. It does a good job of evening things out, but, if you're someone that suffers from acne, rosacea, or acne scars...this is not going you do it for you. If you have mature skin, this is going to accentuate any lines, creases, and dryness.

I also found that it leaned toward cakey way too easily. It really makes pores more noticeable (most likely bc the pores are just pulling all of it in for some reason), and can look quite powdery.

For an "Illuminating" product, I found that it did very little in the illuminating dept. It does have a very slight (and I do mean slight) pearl shimmer to it when swatching on the hand, but it doesn't render as anything when applied to the face.

The powder itself is surprisingly chalky as well. I'm surprised when I come across a product that should be finely milled when it's not, like a powder foundation. For a higher end brand, the formulation is very cheap feeling, IMO. The price certainly does not reflect the quality.

I wouldn't recommend this in any capacity. There are much better powder foundations out there.

on 9/6/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I overall liked this product. I wasn't too sure since it was illuminating, but it isn't extreme. Just a little big of a glow while still being matte and not oily looking. The color worked well and it really did cover with the included brush it came with. Didn't cause me to break out like the CC cream did (from the same brand) and I over all really enjoyed it. I would definitely try it out. It did last at least 8 hours on me. I tend to get oily quickly and it seemed to keep me a bit more matte longer then average. I also used some under my eyes to set my concealer and that also performed rather well which surprised me.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so surprised by the negative reviews on this product. I was looking for something similar to the Laura Geller baked powder foundation, which I like in terms of glow but unfortunately breaks me out. This is perfect for my combination skin...nice, creamy coverage with a glow. My sister commented on my skin the day I sampled it and I made a beeline back to the store to purchase afterward. It wears well, without needing a touch up. This might be my HG foundation.

on 3/15/2015 7:52:00 PM

Since this is advertised as an anti-aging product, I will say up front I am about to turn 46. I have fair skin that is mostly "normal" with some occasional dryness. I have the beginnings of some fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead (which look awful with some foundations), and I have a bit of uneven skintone I always want my foundations to even out.

I am LOVING this foundation. It's very quick to apply. I get a nice amount of coverage without it looking heavy or unnatural. And I get a nice finish that is neither dry nor greasy looking. I have the "light" shade and apply with the It Dual Foundation / Concealer brush. I sweep the brush accross my skin. I do not apply with a "buffing" motion. Less is more with this foundation. This is currently my everyday foundation.

I've never tried to apply it with the little brush that comes in the compact. But, I don't think I'd like applying it that way. Also, it's important to moisturize first...but give your moisturizer time to absorb before applying the foundation. You don't want your skin to have a wet or greasy feel to it when you apply this foundation. I would guess that many of the people who've posted complaints about this have either applied too much product, are not using a good brush, or are applying it with oily / wet moisturizer on their skin.

on 11/18/2014 11:09:00 AM

I have HORRIFYING skin. Horrible. I use the it CC cream and then this foundation! I love it! Def not illuminating!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After hearing many ravings about this I decided to purchase this at Ulta. I purchased the brush that comes with it as well. I was sold on the fact that is a full coverage powder that isn't matte. I've got acne scarring and hyperpigmentation as well as a few blemishes now and then. I liked the brush but the foundation is awful. It was so glittery, it kinda looked like I was caking powder highlighter all over my face, I wanted glowing and dewy, not to look like a disco ball. It also settled into every line and pore in my face making them super pronounced. Also it is very definitely not full coverage, I'd say medium. I could still see a lot of scaring and dark spots showing through. I immediately returned it to Ulta.

on 8/27/2014 11:18:00 PM

Well, I don't get it. I read through the ingredient list & it's exactly teh same as original Celebration??? Somehow this is more brightening. I prefer it to original & am now using my Original up so I can continue on with this improved version. I also use the ELF studio powder brush to apply it, I like that much better than teh brush that it comes with