It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.3

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 12/30/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm 51 and dealing with changing skin texture and dryness. My go-to liquid foundations have started accentuating texture and looking heavier than I'd like. Never ever thought a powder foundation would work on my aging combo skin and large pores, but this defies all my expectations. This is the most skin-like foundation I have at this point and I'm continually surprised that at my age a powder foundation is the most natural and flattering option. I'm an NC15-20 and have this in the color Light. I'm going to order Fair and mix them to achieve a better match for my winter skin, but Light is still workable for my skin tone.

What works: Applying moisturizer (CeraVe PM) on a damp face after morning wash, then applying my sunscreen (Elta MD) after moisturizer has dried down. This sunscreen has a lot of silicone slip to it, so no need for a primer. After the sunscreen has set, I apply small amount of concealer where needed. Then I start with a small amount of this foundation on a fluffy brush, building slowly as needed. After that, I buff it in with a denser face brush. This is a very quick routine in the mornings. Also, it may look heavy at first but look again in about 10 minutes and it seems to settle in and meld with skin. Wow!

After all that, I apply bronzer, contour, blush, whatever else I want and sometimes buff it together again at the end.

Pros: This evens out skin tone really well with minimal product. It covers my melasma while looking very natural and skin-like. The illumination factor also brightens my complexion and gives me an awake and rested look. I don't need to use highlighter, so that step is eliminated. Application is very quick and super simple.

Cons: On parched dry, flaky skin it can look overdone if applied too heavily. The shine can be a bit overwhelming at times, so I sometimes tone it down with some matte face powder in the T-zone. It can look a bit heavy at first but seems to meld with the skin and look natural over a few minutes, so give it some time.

Overall, I highly recommend this and will order it again and again. It's my holy grail foundation for this point in my life.

on 2/7/2017 8:32:00 PM

This is such an awful foundation. I use the Celebration Foundation that comes in the black packaging and I love that one. It gives me great coverage. Ulta had sold out of that one and I was told this is basically the same thing so I purchased it. It was horrible. It didn't give me full coverage. I don't like the shimmer in the product as it highlights my pores and fine lines. The foundation did not last all day long. After about 2 hours of wearing it most of the product had come off and I looked oily. There is a lot of fall out from the product, so you lose a lot of product while applying. I love It Cosmetics in general so I was really disappointed in this foundation. Get the other Celebration Foundation has a matte beautiful finish.

2017: this is just too heavy and a bit greasy for me now. I thought it would be better in summer and I'm not feeling it this year. Into the discard pile it goes.

New update: I finally got it in Light. I used the spongy applicator that came with my Bye Bye Pores, similar to the one I used to get with MAC Studio Fix. Gave a great full coverage, but in a few hours is was settling into lines and breaking up. It felt heavy and a bit oily. The next day I used an old kabuki brush I used to use with BM and the coverage was still good, definitely high light to medium. It also wasn't as glowy this way too. The color is perfect. A cream or liquid concealer would be tough to use with a powder foundation, but this can double as one with the right brush for spot concealing. I didn't swirl the brush into the compact, just touched it with a very slight swipe. Works well and I'll definitely use as an every day foundation. Very pleased.

Original review: I used to use MAC Studio Fix back in my 20s and by my 30s it wasn't working for me any longer. I've been using IT CC+ cream most of this year, both formulas, and love them both. Thought I'd give this a go while picking up CC + cream for my MILs Christmas gift since I had a 20% coupon for Ulta.

First of all, it feels and looks great. No issues with that. I used to use the sponge applicator that came with my MAC to apply, and while I have a billion brushes, I just don't have one that plays nicely with the IT pressed foundation so I'll have to buy one. I did use the disposable sponges I have on hand, and then opted for the tiny brush included in the packaging with very good results. IT makes amazing brushes so I never should have doubted the tiny one. A little goes a long way with this powder and it isn't as matte as MAC SF and not as luminous as the cream formula of CC+ (which I really like too).

My only issue with it is color. I can switch seamlessly between the Light and Medium colors of the cream with very little difference in shade and appearance. Sometimes I'll blend them together for the day, or wear one instead of the other depending how my complexion is that day. For the record my creams are Light in the Illumination formula and original in the Medium. I get more versatility this way and it works for me. I picked this up at Ulta and swatched in the store. A swipe of the Light seemed a wee bit too pasty and the Medium seemed spot on, so that's what I bought. It wasn't until I got home and saw the color on the sponge that I gasped. It's incredibly dark and a bit orangey. It also seemed to oxidize quickly too. Now having said that, I didn't notice a severe line from my face to my neck, nor did I notice a huge difference between my face and my chest. It could be exactly the shade I need and I'm just being hyper critical having been used to mediums always being too dark and lights being just light enough that I have to use a bronzer for balance and warmth. This medium shade is very warm to begin with. I know IT likes to say if you can't decide between light and medium, go with medium, but I don't know if I agree with that here. I actually just ordered the foundation in Light with another coupon and points I had, so I got it for $36 out the door and will likely give the Medium to my daughter who has a darker complexion than I do.

Despite the shade issue, I'm very pleased with this product. Be sure to use a setting spray with this as it tones down the powdery look but doesn't detract from the finish overall. It's full coverage so know a little goes a long way. It would be great for work or going out, and the portability is a good plus too. Just know it's probably best to blot and try the Bye Bye Pores to touch up later on as this could become cakey since it is a powder. I used to use my MAC over foundation too. I haven't done that with this, but it would likely work just as well for additional coverage. It went on quickly and nicely so it's a good everyday time saving foundation.

ETA:. I gave this to my daughter. Looks great on her. Medium really was too dark. Still waiting on the Light that I ordered from Ulta over a week ago. I realize it's the holidays but shipping took far longer than usual. Not good, Ulta. Next time I'll order from QVC.

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?

on 5/15/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't list the brands, but I had tried at least 4 different powder foundations from different cosmetic lines, all with disappointing results. Even the most popular brands (with or without use of a foundation primer) caked on my pores and gave me a mask-like, unattractive, corpselike finish. Either that, or I got NO coverage at all- and it didn't cover my rosacea. (Rosacea is the main reason why I wear foundation in the first place.)

Anyway, when I saw the QVC program where this IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation was being showcased, I was easily persuaded to give this a try because of what I saw. I saw models remove their foundation right on the air, and then reapply using this IT powder foundation without priming their skin or doing anything extraordinary. The results were amazing! I ordered this impulsively, and before I received my order, I began to develop anxiety about my purchase. Why would I invest in yet another powder foundation after my previous disastrous results? So the day after I received this in the mail, I nervously applied it the way I watched them do it on QVC. I expected the worst- but hoped for the best. I could not believe my eyes when I looked closely in the mirror after buffing this on my face with the nice buffer brush that was part of the special value. My face looked FLAWLESS! Just like the models on TV! My rosacea was GONE! It literally took under a minute to apply this, and the results were amazing! My face did not look caked and mask-like like it did with previous powder foundations, and the color blended *perfectly* into my skin! (I am NW20-25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and I purchased this IT foundation in the medium shade.) I could not believe it! I was so happy, I thought, "surely by the end of the day, this is going to melt off my face and prove to be a disappointment like previous powder foundations I have used in the past!" **BUT IT DIDN'T!!!** By the end of the day, I had some shine on my nose that was easily remedied with some MAC Blot Powder, but the rest of my face still looked flawless! I still can't believe how amazing this product is! I am so glad I got two! I was so worried I made a mistake and was going to have to ship them back, and now I am worried about how quickly I am going to use these babies up! LOL!

EDIT 5-15-17: I hope I didn't lead anyone astray with my previous review on this. I don't use this powder foundation anymore, because it seemed to be sticking inside my pores and making them look bigger. On anyone over the age of 50, I would say this foundation powder is a no-no. It has a slight sheen to it, and that is what the major issue is. It seems to magnify my pores and fine lines, making my face look imperfect and aged; everything opposite of the reason why a woman wears foundation in the first place. I guess this would be a decent powder foundation for a younger person with smaller pores and smooth skin. But then, why would anyone with smooth, poreless skin need foundation in the first place? I will not be repurchasing this.

I have repurchased this. I love it and it works great alone. I tried it over It's cc cream and many other bb/cc creams but it does not work as well as it does by itself. The color matches me perfectly and its not cakey at all, even when i layer it. Best coverage Ive ever had in a powder.

The only downside is that it goes shiny on me pretty quickly. But ill take it as the other good points outweigh this...i just take a brush and reblend it.

I sooooo love this. I like to use this to set my foundation. I use it with any dewy foundation and it just makes my skin look illuminated and beautiful! Kind of expensive but definitely worth it!!!!

on 8/18/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i have this in fair and it's a tiny bit yellow on me, but i'm very cool-toned so that's normal, and workable. i use it as a setting powder over the top of liquid foundation to add more coverage, and to finish my face makeup. while it makes my skin look great, especially initially, it has a tendency to look cakey after a couple of hours of wear. this doesn't always happen so i thinl its me over-applying. the powder is very soft, so it's easy to pack more than you need onto your brush. other than that, it's a great powder. the 'illumination' in the name is odd, because i don't see any glowy-ness. it's not glittery, nor does it have a sheen. it has a pretty natural finish. i'd recommend this if you have combo/oilier skin than me, probably not for drier skins.

This stuff is terrible. It applies very patchy and looks white in most lights. Settles into lines as well. I returned it immedately. Pur Minerals is much better.

on 4/24/2014 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off I hated the original celebration foundation. It was a big, cakey mess. On a whim I decided to try the new illumination and it's very good. It came with a brush that was just okay. I love my 10 year old Fresh powder brush and nothing else comes close. Amazing coverage like all their products. Easily built up on problem areas though I don't like this under my eyes. Really settles into my fine lines and looks splotchy. My only gripe and it's a little bit of a deal breaker for me is that you must be well moisturized but not greasy. If my oil or sunscreen hasn't fully sunk in, this will cling on and look terrible. And you must be hydrated or it separates into dry, cracky desert looking patches. All of this is a bummer because if done right, it can look amazing. But it's too persnickety for me and I won't repurchase. LM loose mineral is so easy to use and I also love Mally's pore less perfection pressed fdtn. I say it's worth a shot to try out with someone with a great return policy….QVC!