It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.7

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 3/2/2018 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like using this powder to set my foundation...especially on my nose. Alot of powders just take the foundation off my nose but not this one. I don't really think it's illuminating per se but not flat matte either. My oil still comes through later in the day but that's pretty normal for me. I wish it wasn't so pricey but the spf is a bonus.

on 2/23/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks. IT Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands so when I needed a new powder I knew I wanted something from them. I do not use this as a powder foundation, but rather as a setting powder. It can get really cakey if you apply too much, so a light dusting all over your face or even targeted areas that you want a little more coverage gives the best finish. I use a duo-fiber brush for even lighter application. It definitely has a glowy finish so if you want something matte, this isn't it. The finish is similar to Bare Minerals original powder foundation. There is no scent and I have had no skin reactions. It is a powder and there is some fall out when you dip your brush in the pan, but nothing excessive. The packaging is pretty, it's smooth white plastic with an opal/pearl finish. It is expensive, I paid $35 at Ulta. Because I use so little, it will definitely last me a long time. I have noticed that it looks better 30 minutes after you apply it. The powdery finish sinks into your skin and gives a beautiful healthy glow. I work 8-5 and usually don't take my makeup off until 8pm. This lasts on my face for the full 12 hours with no issues. I have it in fair and it's a great color match for me. The small brush applicator that it comes with is actually not bad, IT Cosmetics is known for their amazing brushes and this one is really nice quality for being included with the product. I have full size brushes that I prefer more, but when traveling or in a hurry I can use the included brush with no issues and the same result. I would probably repurchase when it's done, unless IT comes out with something better! I would recommend this to people who don't have texture issues as the glowy finish can highlight problem areas.

2017: this is just too heavy and a bit greasy for me now. I thought it would be better in summer and I'm not feeling it this year. Into the discard pile it goes.

New update: I finally got it in Light. I used the spongy applicator that came with my Bye Bye Pores, similar to the one I used to get with MAC Studio Fix. Gave a great full coverage, but in a few hours is was settling into lines and breaking up. It felt heavy and a bit oily. The next day I used an old kabuki brush I used to use with BM and the coverage was still good, definitely high light to medium. It also wasn't as glowy this way too. The color is perfect. A cream or liquid concealer would be tough to use with a powder foundation, but this can double as one with the right brush for spot concealing. I didn't swirl the brush into the compact, just touched it with a very slight swipe. Works well and I'll definitely use as an every day foundation. Very pleased.

Original review: I used to use MAC Studio Fix back in my 20s and by my 30s it wasn't working for me any longer. I've been using IT CC+ cream most of this year, both formulas, and love them both. Thought I'd give this a go while picking up CC + cream for my MILs Christmas gift since I had a 20% coupon for Ulta.

First of all, it feels and looks great. No issues with that. I used to use the sponge applicator that came with my MAC to apply, and while I have a billion brushes, I just don't have one that plays nicely with the IT pressed foundation so I'll have to buy one. I did use the disposable sponges I have on hand, and then opted for the tiny brush included in the packaging with very good results. IT makes amazing brushes so I never should have doubted the tiny one. A little goes a long way with this powder and it isn't as matte as MAC SF and not as luminous as the cream formula of CC+ (which I really like too).

My only issue with it is color. I can switch seamlessly between the Light and Medium colors of the cream with very little difference in shade and appearance. Sometimes I'll blend them together for the day, or wear one instead of the other depending how my complexion is that day. For the record my creams are Light in the Illumination formula and original in the Medium. I get more versatility this way and it works for me. I picked this up at Ulta and swatched in the store. A swipe of the Light seemed a wee bit too pasty and the Medium seemed spot on, so that's what I bought. It wasn't until I got home and saw the color on the sponge that I gasped. It's incredibly dark and a bit orangey. It also seemed to oxidize quickly too. Now having said that, I didn't notice a severe line from my face to my neck, nor did I notice a huge difference between my face and my chest. It could be exactly the shade I need and I'm just being hyper critical having been used to mediums always being too dark and lights being just light enough that I have to use a bronzer for balance and warmth. This medium shade is very warm to begin with. I know IT likes to say if you can't decide between light and medium, go with medium, but I don't know if I agree with that here. I actually just ordered the foundation in Light with another coupon and points I had, so I got it for $36 out the door and will likely give the Medium to my daughter who has a darker complexion than I do.

Despite the shade issue, I'm very pleased with this product. Be sure to use a setting spray with this as it tones down the powdery look but doesn't detract from the finish overall. It's full coverage so know a little goes a long way. It would be great for work or going out, and the portability is a good plus too. Just know it's probably best to blot and try the Bye Bye Pores to touch up later on as this could become cakey since it is a powder. I used to use my MAC over foundation too. I haven't done that with this, but it would likely work just as well for additional coverage. It went on quickly and nicely so it's a good everyday time saving foundation.

ETA:. I gave this to my daughter. Looks great on her. Medium really was too dark. Still waiting on the Light that I ordered from Ulta over a week ago. I realize it's the holidays but shipping took far longer than usual. Not good, Ulta. Next time I'll order from QVC.

on 11/18/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. I would say it is light to medium coverage on me. Perhaps it could be built up to fuller coverage but I am afraid it would become cake if over-applied. I have slightly dry skin and it takes a few minutes to really buff it in so it looks natural. There is a slight illuminating effect but nothing over the top, so don't worry about that if it was a concern.

The powder can be used as a finishing powder, too. Sometimes I use a little primer and BB cream, and follow up with this powder, then set it with a finishing spray. It's a nice look.

I think the compact will last a very long time. The compact comes with a mirror and a little brush tucked underneath. I do not use the brush it came with inside the compact.

on 9/18/2016 4:58:00 AM

I bought this, along with IT's flat top buffing foundation brush, at the recommendation of a makeup artist friend. It has a matte base that provides sheer to medium coverage, and leaves skin with a subtle sheen. It makes my skin look perfect and airbrushed. This is, by far, the very best powder I've ever used.

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?

Not good. I am very disappointed. I had tried this powder foundation at Ulta twice. Yes, those Ulta lights can certainly be deceiving! I tried the second lightest shade and it looked fine! It was a *bit* darker than my natural skin shade, but it is the dead of summer and I get a bit darker in the face this time of year.

I was hesitant to spend $36 on this tiny compact, but I had heard such wonderful things about it (mostly) and wanted to splurge on a good foundation. I brought it home, bought two nice brushes, and did the whole "apply in circular motions" thing. Ugh.

Orange. Just NOT the right undertones. For the record I am a MAC NW20, Revlon Colorstay Buff, and Maybelline Fit Me 115. The color is so off putting, it looks like I applied a bad fake tanner to my facial skin. Yes, orange. Also I need to use concealer, it is a must under my eyes as there is really no coverage there.

When I apply it the powder simply does EVERYWHERE. I have to wear a "bib" to avoid powder all over my dress/shirt. I hear some girls say that it accents pores, lines, etc. I do see a greater instance of this compared to my oldies but goodies, like MAC Studio Fix, Fit Me, Colorstay, and L'Oreal Infallible. I also have oily skin (especially in summer!) so perhaps I should have gone with the OG formula? I also find it difficult to achieve the perfect coverage.

The compact itself is lovely, sturdy and shiny, but frankly there is not a lot of product. I bought it in late June and already am showing quite a bit of pan. It's pretty pricey so it is not a good deal.

I also had a "orange" let down with Clinique matte makeup in the tube. I think I am more of a drugstore foundation girl.

Might be good for younger girls (I am 42, but my face is in pretty good shape...but still noticing fine lines here and there) and those with a much different skin tone!

on 5/15/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't list the brands, but I had tried at least 4 different powder foundations from different cosmetic lines, all with disappointing results. Even the most popular brands (with or without use of a foundation primer) caked on my pores and gave me a mask-like, unattractive, corpselike finish. Either that, or I got NO coverage at all- and it didn't cover my rosacea. (Rosacea is the main reason why I wear foundation in the first place.)

Anyway, when I saw the QVC program where this IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation was being showcased, I was easily persuaded to give this a try because of what I saw. I saw models remove their foundation right on the air, and then reapply using this IT powder foundation without priming their skin or doing anything extraordinary. The results were amazing! I ordered this impulsively, and before I received my order, I began to develop anxiety about my purchase. Why would I invest in yet another powder foundation after my previous disastrous results? So the day after I received this in the mail, I nervously applied it the way I watched them do it on QVC. I expected the worst- but hoped for the best. I could not believe my eyes when I looked closely in the mirror after buffing this on my face with the nice buffer brush that was part of the special value. My face looked FLAWLESS! Just like the models on TV! My rosacea was GONE! It literally took under a minute to apply this, and the results were amazing! My face did not look caked and mask-like like it did with previous powder foundations, and the color blended *perfectly* into my skin! (I am NW20-25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and I purchased this IT foundation in the medium shade.) I could not believe it! I was so happy, I thought, "surely by the end of the day, this is going to melt off my face and prove to be a disappointment like previous powder foundations I have used in the past!" **BUT IT DIDN'T!!!** By the end of the day, I had some shine on my nose that was easily remedied with some MAC Blot Powder, but the rest of my face still looked flawless! I still can't believe how amazing this product is! I am so glad I got two! I was so worried I made a mistake and was going to have to ship them back, and now I am worried about how quickly I am going to use these babies up! LOL!

EDIT 5-15-17: I hope I didn't lead anyone astray with my previous review on this. I don't use this powder foundation anymore, because it seemed to be sticking inside my pores and making them look bigger. On anyone over the age of 50, I would say this foundation powder is a no-no. It has a slight sheen to it, and that is what the major issue is. It seems to magnify my pores and fine lines, making my face look imperfect and aged; everything opposite of the reason why a woman wears foundation in the first place. I guess this would be a decent powder foundation for a younger person with smaller pores and smooth skin. But then, why would anyone with smooth, poreless skin need foundation in the first place? I will not be repurchasing this.

on 4/27/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a love hate for me. It goes on so smoothly, doesn't highlight pores and gives a lovely natural, non cake finish - for about 1 hour!! This does not last despite primers and setting sprays. After approx 2 hours this has disappeared completely leaving my skin naked (not a good look I assure you lol) I use it as a touch up when my Clinique powder foundation has worn off slightly (after 10 hours!) just to see me through to end of shift. A definite not repurchase for me.

on 2/21/2016 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am impressed with this powder. I was using Pur Minerals but found that their powders oxidised quickly on me and because a different colour as well as making me oily. AND THEY CHANGED THEIR FORMULA so I was glad I found this.

Biggest pros for me
- finished within 30 seconds
- great sturdy packaging
- excellent colour match
- lovely medium coverage with natural finish without looking too made up

Downside
- the cost - $58AUD but if it's something I use every day and it doesn't break me out, I'm happy to pay it. I like the 'just woke up like this' feel to the product. My skin becomes very congested if I use any product with silicone in it so here's hoping this product stays the same!