It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by hair type : Straight
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.4

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 5/12/2018 9:01:00 PM

pros:
creamy and silky
natural skin like
medium coverage
does not get greasy

cons:
broke me out
can look orange(i have this in light, i am nc20-25,)
can get cakey if packs on too much

This makes any foundation underneath that looks very dry look amazing. I use naked skin foundation by urban decay and it can cling to dry patches and i put this on top and it changes the look of dryness to creamy skinlike texture. Its magical. It does look more powdery than it is on initial application but it melts and sets itself into a creamier look to the skin. Even though it is alluminating Its not shiney or greasy on me and i have oily t zones. I was very hesitant to try this since i am oily but im glad i did because its very natural. I use murad oil mattifier as a moisturizer so that keeps oils away for hours. I use this mainly as a setting powder. I have not tried this on its own. It adds more coverage for me and i love that. It has not broken me out yet i am still testing this out will report back if this changes. Fingers crossed.

edit: i think this is breaking me out. i checked on cosdna for ingredients and it has lots of pore clogging acne causing ingredients/ so sad it is a beautiful powder

I so wanted to like this foundation because I like the original Celebration powder foundation. Let me start with the shade issues. I am light in all other It Cosmetic products. I'm not sure what is in this foundation but it immediately oxidized and I looked like an oompa loompa. Second, no matter what primer (or no primer) I used, this stuff would not stay on my face or even stay together. It was so bad that I washed my face at work and went without make up for the rest of the day each time I wore it and looked 10X better than when it was on my face.

I hate it too because I LOVE It Cosmetics and wanted so bad to love this foundation too. For the price, it should not do that. And I'm going to say this here and now that It Cosmetics needs to up their shade range game tremendously. There are WAAAAAAY more skin tones out there than fair, light, medium, medium tan, tan, rich, and deep...seriously????

on 12/30/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm 51 and dealing with changing skin texture and dryness. My go-to liquid foundations have started accentuating texture and looking heavier than I'd like. Never ever thought a powder foundation would work on my aging combo skin and large pores, but this defies all my expectations. This is the most skin-like foundation I have at this point and I'm continually surprised that at my age a powder foundation is the most natural and flattering option. I'm an NC15-20 and have this in the color Light. I'm going to order Fair and mix them to achieve a better match for my winter skin, but Light is still workable for my skin tone.

What works: Applying moisturizer (CeraVe PM) on a damp face after morning wash, then applying my sunscreen (Elta MD) after moisturizer has dried down. This sunscreen has a lot of silicone slip to it, so no need for a primer. After the sunscreen has set, I apply small amount of concealer where needed. Then I start with a small amount of this foundation on a fluffy brush, building slowly as needed. After that, I buff it in with a denser face brush. This is a very quick routine in the mornings. Also, it may look heavy at first but look again in about 10 minutes and it seems to settle in and meld with skin. Wow!

After all that, I apply bronzer, contour, blush, whatever else I want and sometimes buff it together again at the end.

Pros: This evens out skin tone really well with minimal product. It covers my melasma while looking very natural and skin-like. The illumination factor also brightens my complexion and gives me an awake and rested look. I don't need to use highlighter, so that step is eliminated. Application is very quick and super simple.

Cons: On parched dry, flaky skin it can look overdone if applied too heavily. The shine can be a bit overwhelming at times, so I sometimes tone it down with some matte face powder in the T-zone. It can look a bit heavy at first but seems to meld with the skin and look natural over a few minutes, so give it some time.

Overall, I highly recommend this and will order it again and again. It's my holy grail foundation for this point in my life.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder foundation in Medium and Tan. And I have back ups. :-) I have owned every foundation you can think of. Never did I imagine a powder would be my holy grail foundation. I have yet to find a powder foundation that does what this does for my skin. I have hyper pigmentation (it covers), I have freckles, (it covers).. It takes me 7 minutes to get ready in the morning or anywhere for that matter... It gives you a beautiful glow with great coverage. I own La Prairie, Cle De Peau... Nothing, I mean nothing compares to this... Also, I use Real Techniques (large) powder brush to blend it in to my face... It's so quick and effortless! Just an outstanding product!!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love the IT Cosmetics line. I have gotten to the point where the majority of face products I use are IT Cosmetics. This is one of the best powder foundations I have ever tried. It has a very creamy consistency and covers well. However, you must prep your skin in order for it to work it's best.

I apply a primer first, I use Shiseido Refining primer which is HG for me, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer to my eye area and blend it around my nose and pat it in with a sponge. Then, using an IT Cosmetics brush made for the foundation I swirl it over my skin. It gives a nice glow w/o looking like a disco ball and covers any redness in the skin. I don't experience any dryness from using this powder, as I have with others and it does not look powdery on the skin. I use it in the Light shade which is a good match for my skin tone. The Fair shade is a little too ghostly for me. The price is average for a higher end foundation and the product lasts a very long time. I usually purchase this from QVC (not affiliated) because you can usually get very good deals on the products.

For the record, I am 53 yrs old and I find this line excellent for mature women.

*whispers: HGHGHGHG!*

Why am I not shouting this from the rooftops you might ask?? Well because I'm sooooo afraid to jinx this. I have found a powder foundation I adore which means that sometime in the near future, it will stop being as magical as unicorn tears and fairy dust: it will stop covering EVERYTHING including mild rosacea, mild melasma; it will stop feeling rather creamy on my face; it will stop applying like a dream (over either a sticky type primer and a siloconey type primer); it will stop lasting 10+ hours (with MU setting spray like UD or Skindinavia that some of my other foundations still evaporate when using); it will stop making my 50 year old skin w/ few wrinkles, but a few under my eyes look smooth and even; it will stop NOT settling in said fine lines; the company will decide to d/c it.

So, to keep any jinxing from happening, I will just continue to whisper HGHGHG!

The shade Fair is perfect for me. Light ended up being 1 shade too dark. For reference, I am: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light; Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear in 020 light beige; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 210N Buff; CG Outlast 3 in 1 in Classic Ivory 810; Holika Holika Petit BB Moisturizing (formerly moist); NYX HD Studio Photogenic Nude 101; NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville; Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation = 5.5; Urban Decay All Nighter = 1.0;

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

In order to be actually benefited by sunscreens, you need to put a lot product and also have to keep re-applying throughout the day. So some people say that keeping a thin layer of powder product on your face is more effective to protect your skin. I am not sure if this opinion is accurate, but I did try numerous powder foundations.

For a pressed powder foundation, I have used Guerlain, Christian Dior, YSL, Lancome, MAC, Benefit, Body Shop, Sephora, Shiseido, Kanebo, IT Cosmetics, you name what. Honestly, I like IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination the best. It is is silky, smooth, moist, and does illuminate your skin softly and beautifully. However, if you apply it on a moisturized face, it clings to pores and lines. So, you should use it over a mattifying primer.

on 4/4/2016 4:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is the first itCosmetics product that I've purchased. Bought its in a kit from QVC so it was a pretty good deal overall since it did include other products that I did like. Anyway, I guess the problem with this is I find that I don't like powder foundations as I don't find it goes on as smoothly as liquid foundations. I bought the tan which was actually a bit dark for me, but the color was nice and would have matched if I did have a tan. They claim that it's a full coverage, but I have dark spots and it did not cover them. I don't believe in applying two coats of any type of foundation since I find that too mask-like.

I've since purchased the regular non-illumination cream foundation in the tube and I do like that one, although that's not full coverage either. Overall, I ended up giving the powder compact away and would not buy again.

I have repurchased this. I love it and it works great alone. I tried it over It's cc cream and many other bb/cc creams but it does not work as well as it does by itself. The color matches me perfectly and its not cakey at all, even when i layer it. Best coverage Ive ever had in a powder.

The only downside is that it goes shiny on me pretty quickly. But ill take it as the other good points outweigh this...i just take a brush and reblend it.

on 12/3/2015 12:52:00 AM

I don't want to give this foundation a bad review because there is a lot to like about it. Years and years ago, I used to wear bare minerals foundation until I found my beloved Kat Von D liquid foundation. I needed a full coverage foundation and I have dry skin and the bare minerals just didn't cut it anymore. I've been wary to try any other mineral or powder foundations because I find them more light to medium coverage and they tend to make the skin look dry. The It Cosmetics celebration illumination foundation has great coverage. The texture is very soft and velvety. The major problem I had with this foundation is the finish. It gave a sheen to my face that looked kind of waxy. After wearing the foundation for about 5 hours, it started to separate slightly on the face. I noticed areas where the coverage was heavy and then spots where there was no coverage. I admit that I use multiple products on my skin before foundation and the separation could have been due to my face not being dry enough during application. I believe I am putting on too much foundation because I didn't realize how full coverage this stuff is. I'm going to play around with it more because it would be a great foundation on days that I just need to do a quick makeup and go look.