It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.8

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 3/2/2018 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like using this powder to set my foundation...especially on my nose. Alot of powders just take the foundation off my nose but not this one. I don't really think it's illuminating per se but not flat matte either. My oil still comes through later in the day but that's pretty normal for me. I wish it wasn't so pricey but the spf is a bonus.

I so wanted to like this foundation because I like the original Celebration powder foundation. Let me start with the shade issues. I am light in all other It Cosmetic products. I'm not sure what is in this foundation but it immediately oxidized and I looked like an oompa loompa. Second, no matter what primer (or no primer) I used, this stuff would not stay on my face or even stay together. It was so bad that I washed my face at work and went without make up for the rest of the day each time I wore it and looked 10X better than when it was on my face.

I hate it too because I LOVE It Cosmetics and wanted so bad to love this foundation too. For the price, it should not do that. And I'm going to say this here and now that It Cosmetics needs to up their shade range game tremendously. There are WAAAAAAY more skin tones out there than fair, light, medium, medium tan, tan, rich, and deep...seriously????

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder foundation in Medium and Tan. And I have back ups. :-) I have owned every foundation you can think of. Never did I imagine a powder would be my holy grail foundation. I have yet to find a powder foundation that does what this does for my skin. I have hyper pigmentation (it covers), I have freckles, (it covers).. It takes me 7 minutes to get ready in the morning or anywhere for that matter... It gives you a beautiful glow with great coverage. I own La Prairie, Cle De Peau... Nothing, I mean nothing compares to this... Also, I use Real Techniques (large) powder brush to blend it in to my face... It's so quick and effortless! Just an outstanding product!!!

on 6/29/2017 1:36:00 PM

I'm really loving this. it's got a lot of illumination - I literally have stopped using a highlighter. Longevity is good, it wears well. I don't get any chalkiness in the afternoon. I will repurchase. I went with fair - but I think I'll go with Light next time. Slightly too light but I've been warming it up with bronzer.

2017: this is just too heavy and a bit greasy for me now. I thought it would be better in summer and I'm not feeling it this year. Into the discard pile it goes.

New update: I finally got it in Light. I used the spongy applicator that came with my Bye Bye Pores, similar to the one I used to get with MAC Studio Fix. Gave a great full coverage, but in a few hours is was settling into lines and breaking up. It felt heavy and a bit oily. The next day I used an old kabuki brush I used to use with BM and the coverage was still good, definitely high light to medium. It also wasn't as glowy this way too. The color is perfect. A cream or liquid concealer would be tough to use with a powder foundation, but this can double as one with the right brush for spot concealing. I didn't swirl the brush into the compact, just touched it with a very slight swipe. Works well and I'll definitely use as an every day foundation. Very pleased.

Original review: I used to use MAC Studio Fix back in my 20s and by my 30s it wasn't working for me any longer. I've been using IT CC+ cream most of this year, both formulas, and love them both. Thought I'd give this a go while picking up CC + cream for my MILs Christmas gift since I had a 20% coupon for Ulta.

First of all, it feels and looks great. No issues with that. I used to use the sponge applicator that came with my MAC to apply, and while I have a billion brushes, I just don't have one that plays nicely with the IT pressed foundation so I'll have to buy one. I did use the disposable sponges I have on hand, and then opted for the tiny brush included in the packaging with very good results. IT makes amazing brushes so I never should have doubted the tiny one. A little goes a long way with this powder and it isn't as matte as MAC SF and not as luminous as the cream formula of CC+ (which I really like too).

My only issue with it is color. I can switch seamlessly between the Light and Medium colors of the cream with very little difference in shade and appearance. Sometimes I'll blend them together for the day, or wear one instead of the other depending how my complexion is that day. For the record my creams are Light in the Illumination formula and original in the Medium. I get more versatility this way and it works for me. I picked this up at Ulta and swatched in the store. A swipe of the Light seemed a wee bit too pasty and the Medium seemed spot on, so that's what I bought. It wasn't until I got home and saw the color on the sponge that I gasped. It's incredibly dark and a bit orangey. It also seemed to oxidize quickly too. Now having said that, I didn't notice a severe line from my face to my neck, nor did I notice a huge difference between my face and my chest. It could be exactly the shade I need and I'm just being hyper critical having been used to mediums always being too dark and lights being just light enough that I have to use a bronzer for balance and warmth. This medium shade is very warm to begin with. I know IT likes to say if you can't decide between light and medium, go with medium, but I don't know if I agree with that here. I actually just ordered the foundation in Light with another coupon and points I had, so I got it for $36 out the door and will likely give the Medium to my daughter who has a darker complexion than I do.

Despite the shade issue, I'm very pleased with this product. Be sure to use a setting spray with this as it tones down the powdery look but doesn't detract from the finish overall. It's full coverage so know a little goes a long way. It would be great for work or going out, and the portability is a good plus too. Just know it's probably best to blot and try the Bye Bye Pores to touch up later on as this could become cakey since it is a powder. I used to use my MAC over foundation too. I haven't done that with this, but it would likely work just as well for additional coverage. It went on quickly and nicely so it's a good everyday time saving foundation.

ETA:. I gave this to my daughter. Looks great on her. Medium really was too dark. Still waiting on the Light that I ordered from Ulta over a week ago. I realize it's the holidays but shipping took far longer than usual. Not good, Ulta. Next time I'll order from QVC.

on 11/18/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. I would say it is light to medium coverage on me. Perhaps it could be built up to fuller coverage but I am afraid it would become cake if over-applied. I have slightly dry skin and it takes a few minutes to really buff it in so it looks natural. There is a slight illuminating effect but nothing over the top, so don't worry about that if it was a concern.

The powder can be used as a finishing powder, too. Sometimes I use a little primer and BB cream, and follow up with this powder, then set it with a finishing spray. It's a nice look.

I think the compact will last a very long time. The compact comes with a mirror and a little brush tucked underneath. I do not use the brush it came with inside the compact.

on 10/11/2016 12:00:00 PM

It was black card member Sephora sales when I got this.. still a lil pricey for me. The case is beautiful and looks classy, the powder had very fine shimmer. Thats what I was looking for!!

I tried it the very next day. There was a small brush within the case. When I swipe the brush onto the compact powder, veryyyyy fine particles came off. My face felt so smooth when applied. It also lasted a few hours (on bare skin) before I needed some touch up. With some foundation beneath, my skin is almost flawless!

on 9/18/2016 4:58:00 AM

I bought this, along with IT's flat top buffing foundation brush, at the recommendation of a makeup artist friend. It has a matte base that provides sheer to medium coverage, and leaves skin with a subtle sheen. It makes my skin look perfect and airbrushed. This is, by far, the very best powder I've ever used.

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

In order to be actually benefited by sunscreens, you need to put a lot product and also have to keep re-applying throughout the day. So some people say that keeping a thin layer of powder product on your face is more effective to protect your skin. I am not sure if this opinion is accurate, but I did try numerous powder foundations.

For a pressed powder foundation, I have used Guerlain, Christian Dior, YSL, Lancome, MAC, Benefit, Body Shop, Sephora, Shiseido, Kanebo, IT Cosmetics, you name what. Honestly, I like IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination the best. It is is silky, smooth, moist, and does illuminate your skin softly and beautifully. However, if you apply it on a moisturized face, it clings to pores and lines. So, you should use it over a mattifying primer.