It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin type : Normal
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love the IT Cosmetics line. I have gotten to the point where the majority of face products I use are IT Cosmetics. This is one of the best powder foundations I have ever tried. It has a very creamy consistency and covers well. However, you must prep your skin in order for it to work it's best.

I apply a primer first, I use Shiseido Refining primer which is HG for me, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer to my eye area and blend it around my nose and pat it in with a sponge. Then, using an IT Cosmetics brush made for the foundation I swirl it over my skin. It gives a nice glow w/o looking like a disco ball and covers any redness in the skin. I don't experience any dryness from using this powder, as I have with others and it does not look powdery on the skin. I use it in the Light shade which is a good match for my skin tone. The Fair shade is a little too ghostly for me. The price is average for a higher end foundation and the product lasts a very long time. I usually purchase this from QVC (not affiliated) because you can usually get very good deals on the products.

For the record, I am 53 yrs old and I find this line excellent for mature women.

Just hit the pan on mine, so, I thought, that I can give my opinion on this product.
I really like it, so far! But I can definitely see, how it wouldn't work for problem/ageing skin.
I have it in the fair shade, I'm super pale and the shade is right up my alley, however it could be too pale for some. The next shade is "light" and it's rather dark, I would definitely try on before buying it, especially if you are pale. I use it with the primer, spraying with fix+ after applying. It does last me through a day, although my rather combination skin gets oily at the end (that's why priming is a good idea). I love the finish and how easy and quick the application is. It's glowy, but it's subtle. It definitely can accentuate imperfections on skin. So, beware. Also it's sort of chalky, I apply it before I put on my clothes, the powder flies off everywhere if you not careful enough. However the texture is very soft and finely milled, so maybe that's why. I still like it a lot and using it nearly every day:)

on 1/29/2016 2:02:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It is a powder but moist if that makes sense. Goes on with a brush better than a sponge and gives long lasting result. I have blonde hair and green eyes and bought the medium shade - it is perfect.

I have used Sheer Cover for years and this is better in my opinion.

on 6/20/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am on the fence with this one. IT has many terrific products and the original Celebration Foundation worked well on my skin. I had to play around with the product to find the best application for my mature skin. First of all, nobody over 40 should place the product anywhere near their nose or chin. Every pore I didn't know I had showed up. No amount of buffing remedied the problem. had to wipe off and start again. Where the product does look nice is when i buffed it into my cheeks and over cheekbone. It served as a great base for bronzer/blush with a bit of glow. Almost like an age appropriate highlighter. However, as an all over foundation I would give it one star.

on 3/15/2015 7:52:00 PM

Since this is advertised as an anti-aging product, I will say up front I am about to turn 46. I have fair skin that is mostly "normal" with some occasional dryness. I have the beginnings of some fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead (which look awful with some foundations), and I have a bit of uneven skintone I always want my foundations to even out.

I am LOVING this foundation. It's very quick to apply. I get a nice amount of coverage without it looking heavy or unnatural. And I get a nice finish that is neither dry nor greasy looking. I have the "light" shade and apply with the It Dual Foundation / Concealer brush. I sweep the brush accross my skin. I do not apply with a "buffing" motion. Less is more with this foundation. This is currently my everyday foundation.

I've never tried to apply it with the little brush that comes in the compact. But, I don't think I'd like applying it that way. Also, it's important to moisturize first...but give your moisturizer time to absorb before applying the foundation. You don't want your skin to have a wet or greasy feel to it when you apply this foundation. I would guess that many of the people who've posted complaints about this have either applied too much product, are not using a good brush, or are applying it with oily / wet moisturizer on their skin.

on 2/10/2015 10:34:00 PM

I guess I'm in a minority here but I love this foundation. This covers nicely and gives me an even skin tone without feeling heavy. It is important to moisturize before. I am 45 and I feel this makes my skin look amazing!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product has such a learning curve, after my first use I threw it in the drawer with every intention of never using it again. I purchased the brush that is double ended to apply and put it on in a circular motion. Used the small brush end to touch up problem areas and thought it looked really good until I got in the vehicle and checked the mirror. The product sat in every line and aged me by at least 10 years. Then I was on a mission, I figure a product that feels silky and covers every flaw has to work and by god I was gonna make it work. After many attempts I finally have it down pat. I have a large, flat brush that is a bit stiffer (though still somewhat soft) for applying mineral makeup which works much better for application. I don't apply in circular motion, starting on middle of forehead brushing outward to the sides and up to hairline, once across eyes and down nose, side of nose out to ears, chin once across. Then I take the small end of the It Cosmetics brush and touch up broken cap area. This looks good, covers flaws and doesn't sit in lines, it's bewildering but it works. It takes a bit to get the application down and achieve a nice coverage but worth it in the end. Adding, so now I apply in circular motions until all areas are covered, then I wait a few minutes and "pat in" any areas that look like they may be sitting on top of the skin. If I pat in areas I get a nice flawless finish.

This stuff is terrible. It applies very patchy and looks white in most lights. Settles into lines as well. I returned it immedately. Pur Minerals is much better.