It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin type : Other
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

4.3

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 10/16/2014 7:46:00 PM

Count me among the fans. I've been using various It Cosmetics products since I discovered the line at Ulta. The "stain" lip liners are fantastic, especially Blushing Nude and Spicy Nude, and the tightline lash primer equally amazing. The powder illuminizer is a personal mainstay, with a softer glow than my old standby NARS Albatross. Most of the products have some kind of "hook" that reels you in, something no other line offers. The new Anchor Blue lip gloss is a dupe of an old Prescriptives gloss I wore some 15 years ago, that made my teeth look really white. Happy to have something similar again. Anyway, I had yet to try any It Cosmetics foundations, but since I fit the company's target demographic (women with aging skin), I figured I'd take a risk with the Illumination Foundation. My skin is light olive and has always been oily, but with age it's become more balanced, so I use a variety of oils to "prime" it. I look my best with some shimmer or after breaking a sweat, so for years I've worn Bare Minerals classic powder foundation, the shimmery stuff, in Medium Beige or Golden Beige if I have a tan. I ordered this It Cosmetics foundation in Medium, and it happens to be a killer match for my skin, neither too pink nor too yellow. I wash my face, use Makeup Artists' Choice mandelic acid toner to smooth and tighten, and then spread a thin layer of argan oil all over. Using my Bare Minerals Ready Foundation brush (dense with a flat, angled plane for application), I apply the It Cosmetics foundation using a sweeping motion. The result is a soft-focus glow that doesn't look shiny. Coverage is medium. I apply a little bit of powder concealer on blemishes AFTER application. This foundation also doesn't make my skin feel prickly like Bare Minerals does. Very comfortable to wear. As I said, I imagine I'm right in the demographic It Cosmetics is targeting with this product (I'm 45), but for me at least, they NAILED it. I get no settling into wrinkles. I wonder if the oil "primer" helps the powder settle evenly. Obviously using an oil primer wouldn't be for everyone, but if you find that your skin benefits from an application of oil at night or before you put on makeup, give this foundation a try. It beats out my Bare Minerals, both classic and pressed, and my NARS powder foundations (including the all-day "luminous" which is not very luminous on me). I have a new HG foundation.

HOLY GUACAMOLE this cakes on if you apply it with the buffing brush (sold separately). "Full coverage +" capabilities (the only reason I gave it 3 lippies, otherwise it would be 2). Using the brush in the compact, however, yields "low-medium coverage" at best.

The first couple of days I wore this, it looked fan-freakin-tastic, like, airbrushed I tell you. As some users have commented, though, it can end up exacerbating any fine lines and pores. There is a fine line between applying "just enough" and "too much" of this product. After only an hour or so, this product makes my pores HUGE. We are talking where the f did those come from huge. I would recommend this to a person with dry skin who does not have wrinkles. If you have oily skin, it will clog your pores and the ingredients in it will make your skin produce even more oil. If you have even the slightest hint of any type of wrinkle, crease, or non-ceramic element to your face, this will settle in the valleys and exacerbate the aforementioned.

I have found the compact to... solidify, for the lack of better words... which prevents me from being able to get any product onto any type of brush. This was a fun experiment but, especially for the absurd $50 price tag, I will save this in case of emergencies only.

on 3/30/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this. It's full coverage and makes my skin look flawless. I like this much better than the original!