It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.4

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 5/12/2018 9:01:00 PM

pros:
creamy and silky
natural skin like
medium coverage
does not get greasy

cons:
broke me out
can look orange(i have this in light, i am nc20-25,)
can get cakey if packs on too much

This makes any foundation underneath that looks very dry look amazing. I use naked skin foundation by urban decay and it can cling to dry patches and i put this on top and it changes the look of dryness to creamy skinlike texture. Its magical. It does look more powdery than it is on initial application but it melts and sets itself into a creamier look to the skin. Even though it is alluminating Its not shiney or greasy on me and i have oily t zones. I was very hesitant to try this since i am oily but im glad i did because its very natural. I use murad oil mattifier as a moisturizer so that keeps oils away for hours. I use this mainly as a setting powder. I have not tried this on its own. It adds more coverage for me and i love that. It has not broken me out yet i am still testing this out will report back if this changes. Fingers crossed.

edit: i think this is breaking me out. i checked on cosdna for ingredients and it has lots of pore clogging acne causing ingredients/ so sad it is a beautiful powder

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim from Beautylish and thank god they have a great return policy. This foundation is super cakey and no matter what brush I use, it just does not look natural and settles into every poor and wrinkle. It looked so bad, my husband asked me to wash my face.

on 5/3/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had been wanting to try this forever and I love several It Cosmetics products so I was really surprised and disappointed when this was a dud for me. It is so easy to apply (great for travel) and looks great for a short while. However, as the day wears on, it settles and looks cakey. The color match is also not good for me - light is too dark and also wears a bit orange. The shimmer seems to settle in a bad way too, and by the end of the day I just looks like a cakey orange disco ball.

on 2/23/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks. IT Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands so when I needed a new powder I knew I wanted something from them. I do not use this as a powder foundation, but rather as a setting powder. It can get really cakey if you apply too much, so a light dusting all over your face or even targeted areas that you want a little more coverage gives the best finish. I use a duo-fiber brush for even lighter application. It definitely has a glowy finish so if you want something matte, this isn't it. The finish is similar to Bare Minerals original powder foundation. There is no scent and I have had no skin reactions. It is a powder and there is some fall out when you dip your brush in the pan, but nothing excessive. The packaging is pretty, it's smooth white plastic with an opal/pearl finish. It is expensive, I paid $35 at Ulta. Because I use so little, it will definitely last me a long time. I have noticed that it looks better 30 minutes after you apply it. The powdery finish sinks into your skin and gives a beautiful healthy glow. I work 8-5 and usually don't take my makeup off until 8pm. This lasts on my face for the full 12 hours with no issues. I have it in fair and it's a great color match for me. The small brush applicator that it comes with is actually not bad, IT Cosmetics is known for their amazing brushes and this one is really nice quality for being included with the product. I have full size brushes that I prefer more, but when traveling or in a hurry I can use the included brush with no issues and the same result. I would probably repurchase when it's done, unless IT comes out with something better! I would recommend this to people who don't have texture issues as the glowy finish can highlight problem areas.

on 2/7/2017 8:32:00 PM

This is such an awful foundation. I use the Celebration Foundation that comes in the black packaging and I love that one. It gives me great coverage. Ulta had sold out of that one and I was told this is basically the same thing so I purchased it. It was horrible. It didn't give me full coverage. I don't like the shimmer in the product as it highlights my pores and fine lines. The foundation did not last all day long. After about 2 hours of wearing it most of the product had come off and I looked oily. There is a lot of fall out from the product, so you lose a lot of product while applying. I love It Cosmetics in general so I was really disappointed in this foundation. Get the other Celebration Foundation has a matte beautiful finish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love the IT Cosmetics line. I have gotten to the point where the majority of face products I use are IT Cosmetics. This is one of the best powder foundations I have ever tried. It has a very creamy consistency and covers well. However, you must prep your skin in order for it to work it's best.

I apply a primer first, I use Shiseido Refining primer which is HG for me, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer to my eye area and blend it around my nose and pat it in with a sponge. Then, using an IT Cosmetics brush made for the foundation I swirl it over my skin. It gives a nice glow w/o looking like a disco ball and covers any redness in the skin. I don't experience any dryness from using this powder, as I have with others and it does not look powdery on the skin. I use it in the Light shade which is a good match for my skin tone. The Fair shade is a little too ghostly for me. The price is average for a higher end foundation and the product lasts a very long time. I usually purchase this from QVC (not affiliated) because you can usually get very good deals on the products.

For the record, I am 53 yrs old and I find this line excellent for mature women.

*whispers: HGHGHGHG!*

Why am I not shouting this from the rooftops you might ask?? Well because I'm sooooo afraid to jinx this. I have found a powder foundation I adore which means that sometime in the near future, it will stop being as magical as unicorn tears and fairy dust: it will stop covering EVERYTHING including mild rosacea, mild melasma; it will stop feeling rather creamy on my face; it will stop applying like a dream (over either a sticky type primer and a siloconey type primer); it will stop lasting 10+ hours (with MU setting spray like UD or Skindinavia that some of my other foundations still evaporate when using); it will stop making my 50 year old skin w/ few wrinkles, but a few under my eyes look smooth and even; it will stop NOT settling in said fine lines; the company will decide to d/c it.

So, to keep any jinxing from happening, I will just continue to whisper HGHGHG!

The shade Fair is perfect for me. Light ended up being 1 shade too dark. For reference, I am: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light; Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear in 020 light beige; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 210N Buff; CG Outlast 3 in 1 in Classic Ivory 810; Holika Holika Petit BB Moisturizing (formerly moist); NYX HD Studio Photogenic Nude 101; NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville; Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation = 5.5; Urban Decay All Nighter = 1.0;

on 6/20/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My mom bought this on QVC in light but it was a little too light for her so she gave it to me. I tried using it on it's own but unless I pile it on (which results in a nasty cakey dry look that accentuates every pore on my face) it does not provide enough coverage. I can get away with using it by itself on a great skin day which doesn't happen often. Doesn't break me out or oxidize and doesn't make my skin more oily than it already is. I LOVE using it as a finishing powder! Dusting a light layer over a light layer of maybelines matte and poreless foundation makes my skin look flawless. Nice satin finish,seems to help with staying power. I don't think I would buy it myself but will gladly use it up. Should last me forever since I only use a tiny bit each day. Also noticed when using on it's own it sometimes looked patchy.

Love how this makes my face look flawless. I have acne scarring and on days when I don't want to wear liquid foundation, this covers them up all by itself. It didn't last as long as other powders but will repurchase!

Love love love! I was tired of getting breakouts after trying bare minerals and other foundations and finally stumbled on this. Y'all, I can't tell you how great this foundation is. I have very yellow undertones and have very fair skin and the FAIR shade was a perfect match. My makeup at the end of the day looks as good as it does right after I put it on. It covers up my acne and it has really great coverage without drying out. I love that this is an all-in-one product (not like bare minerals where you need a foundation then a mineral veil). It looks really pretty on, not matte and not shiny, more of like an airbrushed look. I never write reviews, but I was so exhausted with shopping for foundations and when I found this, I just had to tell people about it. Love love love this stuff!