It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.6

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

*whispers: HGHGHGHG!*

Why am I not shouting this from the rooftops you might ask?? Well because I'm sooooo afraid to jinx this. I have found a powder foundation I adore which means that sometime in the near future, it will stop being as magical as unicorn tears and fairy dust: it will stop covering EVERYTHING including mild rosacea, mild melasma; it will stop feeling rather creamy on my face; it will stop applying like a dream (over either a sticky type primer and a siloconey type primer); it will stop lasting 10+ hours (with MU setting spray like UD or Skindinavia that some of my other foundations still evaporate when using); it will stop making my 50 year old skin w/ few wrinkles, but a few under my eyes look smooth and even; it will stop NOT settling in said fine lines; the company will decide to d/c it.

So, to keep any jinxing from happening, I will just continue to whisper HGHGHG!

The shade Fair is perfect for me. Light ended up being 1 shade too dark. For reference, I am: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light; Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear in 020 light beige; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 210N Buff; CG Outlast 3 in 1 in Classic Ivory 810; Holika Holika Petit BB Moisturizing (formerly moist); NYX HD Studio Photogenic Nude 101; NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville; Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation = 5.5; Urban Decay All Nighter = 1.0;

on 11/13/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Ok, I feel like I can do a true review now. I have had this foundation for awhile. When I first tried it I liked it. But I thought something this simple cannot be right. I am 61, have normal/dry skin with no problems, I have good skin. So I keep trying other foundations, every new thing that comes out, I am a cosmetic junkie so price doesn't matter & I am real good at getting samples. But I always compare them to this, I keep coming back to this. I guess there is a reason. I even have had several people compliment me when i wear this, not the foundation but my skin so this says a lot, they are not seeing foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder foundation in Medium and Tan. And I have back ups. :-) I have owned every foundation you can think of. Never did I imagine a powder would be my holy grail foundation. I have yet to find a powder foundation that does what this does for my skin. I have hyper pigmentation (it covers), I have freckles, (it covers).. It takes me 7 minutes to get ready in the morning or anywhere for that matter... It gives you a beautiful glow with great coverage. I own La Prairie, Cle De Peau... Nothing, I mean nothing compares to this... Also, I use Real Techniques (large) powder brush to blend it in to my face... It's so quick and effortless! Just an outstanding product!!!

on 5/3/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had been wanting to try this forever and I love several It Cosmetics products so I was really surprised and disappointed when this was a dud for me. It is so easy to apply (great for travel) and looks great for a short while. However, as the day wears on, it settles and looks cakey. The color match is also not good for me - light is too dark and also wears a bit orange. The shimmer seems to settle in a bad way too, and by the end of the day I just looks like a cakey orange disco ball.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This product has such a learning curve, after my first use I threw it in the drawer with every intention of never using it again. I purchased the brush that is double ended to apply and put it on in a circular motion. Used the small brush end to touch up problem areas and thought it looked really good until I got in the vehicle and checked the mirror. The product sat in every line and aged me by at least 10 years. Then I was on a mission, I figure a product that feels silky and covers every flaw has to work and by god I was gonna make it work. After many attempts I finally have it down pat. I have a large, flat brush that is a bit stiffer (though still somewhat soft) for applying mineral makeup which works much better for application. I don't apply in circular motion, starting on middle of forehead brushing outward to the sides and up to hairline, once across eyes and down nose, side of nose out to ears, chin once across. Then I take the small end of the It Cosmetics brush and touch up broken cap area. This looks good, covers flaws and doesn't sit in lines, it's bewildering but it works. It takes a bit to get the application down and achieve a nice coverage but worth it in the end. Adding, so now I apply in circular motions until all areas are covered, then I wait a few minutes and "pat in" any areas that look like they may be sitting on top of the skin. If I pat in areas I get a nice flawless finish.

on 12/30/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm 51 and dealing with changing skin texture and dryness. My go-to liquid foundations have started accentuating texture and looking heavier than I'd like. Never ever thought a powder foundation would work on my aging combo skin and large pores, but this defies all my expectations. This is the most skin-like foundation I have at this point and I'm continually surprised that at my age a powder foundation is the most natural and flattering option. I'm an NC15-20 and have this in the color Light. I'm going to order Fair and mix them to achieve a better match for my winter skin, but Light is still workable for my skin tone.

What works: Applying moisturizer (CeraVe PM) on a damp face after morning wash, then applying my sunscreen (Elta MD) after moisturizer has dried down. This sunscreen has a lot of silicone slip to it, so no need for a primer. After the sunscreen has set, I apply small amount of concealer where needed. Then I start with a small amount of this foundation on a fluffy brush, building slowly as needed. After that, I buff it in with a denser face brush. This is a very quick routine in the mornings. Also, it may look heavy at first but look again in about 10 minutes and it seems to settle in and meld with skin. Wow!

After all that, I apply bronzer, contour, blush, whatever else I want and sometimes buff it together again at the end.

Pros: This evens out skin tone really well with minimal product. It covers my melasma while looking very natural and skin-like. The illumination factor also brightens my complexion and gives me an awake and rested look. I don't need to use highlighter, so that step is eliminated. Application is very quick and super simple.

Cons: On parched dry, flaky skin it can look overdone if applied too heavily. The shine can be a bit overwhelming at times, so I sometimes tone it down with some matte face powder in the T-zone. It can look a bit heavy at first but seems to meld with the skin and look natural over a few minutes, so give it some time.

Overall, I highly recommend this and will order it again and again. It's my holy grail foundation for this point in my life.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love the IT Cosmetics line. I have gotten to the point where the majority of face products I use are IT Cosmetics. This is one of the best powder foundations I have ever tried. It has a very creamy consistency and covers well. However, you must prep your skin in order for it to work it's best.

I apply a primer first, I use Shiseido Refining primer which is HG for me, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer to my eye area and blend it around my nose and pat it in with a sponge. Then, using an IT Cosmetics brush made for the foundation I swirl it over my skin. It gives a nice glow w/o looking like a disco ball and covers any redness in the skin. I don't experience any dryness from using this powder, as I have with others and it does not look powdery on the skin. I use it in the Light shade which is a good match for my skin tone. The Fair shade is a little too ghostly for me. The price is average for a higher end foundation and the product lasts a very long time. I usually purchase this from QVC (not affiliated) because you can usually get very good deals on the products.

For the record, I am 53 yrs old and I find this line excellent for mature women.

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?

on 5/15/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't list the brands, but I had tried at least 4 different powder foundations from different cosmetic lines, all with disappointing results. Even the most popular brands (with or without use of a foundation primer) caked on my pores and gave me a mask-like, unattractive, corpselike finish. Either that, or I got NO coverage at all- and it didn't cover my rosacea. (Rosacea is the main reason why I wear foundation in the first place.)

Anyway, when I saw the QVC program where this IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation was being showcased, I was easily persuaded to give this a try because of what I saw. I saw models remove their foundation right on the air, and then reapply using this IT powder foundation without priming their skin or doing anything extraordinary. The results were amazing! I ordered this impulsively, and before I received my order, I began to develop anxiety about my purchase. Why would I invest in yet another powder foundation after my previous disastrous results? So the day after I received this in the mail, I nervously applied it the way I watched them do it on QVC. I expected the worst- but hoped for the best. I could not believe my eyes when I looked closely in the mirror after buffing this on my face with the nice buffer brush that was part of the special value. My face looked FLAWLESS! Just like the models on TV! My rosacea was GONE! It literally took under a minute to apply this, and the results were amazing! My face did not look caked and mask-like like it did with previous powder foundations, and the color blended *perfectly* into my skin! (I am NW20-25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and I purchased this IT foundation in the medium shade.) I could not believe it! I was so happy, I thought, "surely by the end of the day, this is going to melt off my face and prove to be a disappointment like previous powder foundations I have used in the past!" **BUT IT DIDN'T!!!** By the end of the day, I had some shine on my nose that was easily remedied with some MAC Blot Powder, but the rest of my face still looked flawless! I still can't believe how amazing this product is! I am so glad I got two! I was so worried I made a mistake and was going to have to ship them back, and now I am worried about how quickly I am going to use these babies up! LOL!

EDIT 5-15-17: I hope I didn't lead anyone astray with my previous review on this. I don't use this powder foundation anymore, because it seemed to be sticking inside my pores and making them look bigger. On anyone over the age of 50, I would say this foundation powder is a no-no. It has a slight sheen to it, and that is what the major issue is. It seems to magnify my pores and fine lines, making my face look imperfect and aged; everything opposite of the reason why a woman wears foundation in the first place. I guess this would be a decent powder foundation for a younger person with smaller pores and smooth skin. But then, why would anyone with smooth, poreless skin need foundation in the first place? I will not be repurchasing this.

on 3/15/2015 7:52:00 PM

Since this is advertised as an anti-aging product, I will say up front I am about to turn 46. I have fair skin that is mostly "normal" with some occasional dryness. I have the beginnings of some fine lines around my eyes and on my forehead (which look awful with some foundations), and I have a bit of uneven skintone I always want my foundations to even out.

I am LOVING this foundation. It's very quick to apply. I get a nice amount of coverage without it looking heavy or unnatural. And I get a nice finish that is neither dry nor greasy looking. I have the "light" shade and apply with the It Dual Foundation / Concealer brush. I sweep the brush accross my skin. I do not apply with a "buffing" motion. Less is more with this foundation. This is currently my everyday foundation.

I've never tried to apply it with the little brush that comes in the compact. But, I don't think I'd like applying it that way. Also, it's important to moisturize first...but give your moisturizer time to absorb before applying the foundation. You don't want your skin to have a wet or greasy feel to it when you apply this foundation. I would guess that many of the people who've posted complaints about this have either applied too much product, are not using a good brush, or are applying it with oily / wet moisturizer on their skin.