It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.6

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

In order to be actually benefited by sunscreens, you need to put a lot product and also have to keep re-applying throughout the day. So some people say that keeping a thin layer of powder product on your face along with touch-ups is more effective to protect your skin. I am not sure if this opinion is accurate, but I did try numerous powder foundations.

Among pressed powder foundations, I have used Guerlain, Christian Dior, YSL, Lancome, MAC, Benefit, Body Shop, Sephora, Shiseido, Kanebo, IT Cosmetics, you name what. Although most of these were really nice, I often have a hard time finding a perfect match for me. Most products for "cool" tone have too much pink, and "warm" tones are too dull, but Missha #21 shade fits me perfectly. As for the quality/function as well, Missha Signature Radiance matches up the high-end products. On the other hand, although Celebration Illumination is silky, smooth, moist, and does illuminate your skin softly and beautifully, it somehow clings to pores and lines. Also, even the lightest shade "Fair" was a bit too pinky/orangey for my NC15 Asian skin.

For loose powder foundations, I have tried Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals, and I liked Everyday Minerals much better. Bare Minerals exaggerate pores and lines. EM's "neutral" shades fit my cool yellow skin beautifully. (Take advantage of their free samples. => https://www.everydayminerals.com/store/total-customization)

My conclusion, though, is that so far my HG foundation is Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation. => https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=88419

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

Not good. I am very disappointed. I had tried this powder foundation at Ulta twice. Yes, those Ulta lights can certainly be deceiving! I tried the second lightest shade and it looked fine! It was a *bit* darker than my natural skin shade, but it is the dead of summer and I get a bit darker in the face this time of year.

I was hesitant to spend $36 on this tiny compact, but I had heard such wonderful things about it (mostly) and wanted to splurge on a good foundation. I brought it home, bought two nice brushes, and did the whole "apply in circular motions" thing. Ugh.

Orange. Just NOT the right undertones. For the record I am a MAC NW20, Revlon Colorstay Buff, and Maybelline Fit Me 115. The color is so off putting, it looks like I applied a bad fake tanner to my facial skin. Yes, orange. Also I need to use concealer, it is a must under my eyes as there is really no coverage there.

When I apply it the powder simply does EVERYWHERE. I have to wear a "bib" to avoid powder all over my dress/shirt. I hear some girls say that it accents pores, lines, etc. I do see a greater instance of this compared to my oldies but goodies, like MAC Studio Fix, Fit Me, Colorstay, and L'Oreal Infallible. I also have oily skin (especially in summer!) so perhaps I should have gone with the OG formula? I also find it difficult to achieve the perfect coverage.

The compact itself is lovely, sturdy and shiny, but frankly there is not a lot of product. I bought it in late June and already am showing quite a bit of pan. It's pretty pricey so it is not a good deal.

I also had a "orange" let down with Clinique matte makeup in the tube. I think I am more of a drugstore foundation girl.

Might be good for younger girls (I am 42, but my face is in pretty good shape...but still noticing fine lines here and there) and those with a much different skin tone!

on 6/20/2016 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My mom bought this on QVC in light but it was a little too light for her so she gave it to me. I tried using it on it's own but unless I pile it on (which results in a nasty cakey dry look that accentuates every pore on my face) it does not provide enough coverage. I can get away with using it by itself on a great skin day which doesn't happen often. Doesn't break me out or oxidize and doesn't make my skin more oily than it already is. I LOVE using it as a finishing powder! Dusting a light layer over a light layer of maybelines matte and poreless foundation makes my skin look flawless. Nice satin finish,seems to help with staying power. I don't think I would buy it myself but will gladly use it up. Should last me forever since I only use a tiny bit each day. Also noticed when using on it's own it sometimes looked patchy.

Love how this makes my face look flawless. I have acne scarring and on days when I don't want to wear liquid foundation, this covers them up all by itself. It didn't last as long as other powders but will repurchase!

Love love love! I was tired of getting breakouts after trying bare minerals and other foundations and finally stumbled on this. Y'all, I can't tell you how great this foundation is. I have very yellow undertones and have very fair skin and the FAIR shade was a perfect match. My makeup at the end of the day looks as good as it does right after I put it on. It covers up my acne and it has really great coverage without drying out. I love that this is an all-in-one product (not like bare minerals where you need a foundation then a mineral veil). It looks really pretty on, not matte and not shiny, more of like an airbrushed look. I never write reviews, but I was so exhausted with shopping for foundations and when I found this, I just had to tell people about it. Love love love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My sister had bought this on QVC in the Super Size amount with the brush that it came with; once her delivery came i was eager to see how it performed and looked on her.. i had seen Jamie before on QVC but always held back from buying from the line.. My sister got the Meduim shade at which at first i was shocked since we are both fair skinned.. Once she put on it matched her face perfectly.. Only took less than a minute to put on and she was done.. out the door~ i immediately got on the QVC website and ordered the same Medium shade that came with the brush... It matched me skin tone great as well.. wore it for the last few days and i do have to say that i like it a lot.. easy to put on and has covered my redness fairly well.. I am not used to just wearing a powder foundation on its own.. my skin is very sensitive and am allergic to Talc and this has not bothered me at all.. Although at the end of the day its does start to separate and i can see my redness coming through and it does itch a little but thats only at the end of a 10 hour day... I just reviewed the Matte Sweet Apple Blush if you would like to read that and I just ordered the CC Cream and Illumination in Medium for both me and my sister... i am now a IT Girl! love this line!

on 5/15/2016 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I won't list the brands, but I had tried at least 4 different powder foundations from different cosmetic lines, all with disappointing results. Even the most popular brands (with or without use of a foundation primer) caked on my pores and gave me a mask-like, unattractive, corpselike finish. Either that, or I got NO coverage at all- and it didn't cover my rosacea. (Rosacea is the main reason why I wear foundation in the first place.)

Anyway, when I saw the QVC program where this IT Cosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation was being showcased, I was easily persuaded to give this a try because of what I saw. I saw models remove their foundation right on the air, and then reapply using this IT powder foundation without priming their skin or doing anything extraordinary. The results were amazing! I ordered this impulsively, and before I received my order, I began to develop anxiety about my purchase. Why would I invest in yet another powder foundation after my previous disastrous results? So the day after I received this in the mail, I nervously applied it the way I watched them do it on QVC. I expected the worst- but hoped for the best. I could not believe my eyes when I looked closely in the mirror after buffing this on my face with the nice buffer brush that was part of the special value. My face looked FLAWLESS! Just like the models on TV! My rosacea was GONE! It literally took under a minute to apply this, and the results were amazing! My face did not look caked and mask-like like it did with previous powder foundations, and the color blended *perfectly* into my skin! (I am NW20-25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation and I purchased this IT foundation in the medium shade.) I could not believe it! I was so happy, I thought, "surely by the end of the day, this is going to melt off my face and prove to be a disappointment like previous powder foundations I have used in the past!" **BUT IT DIDN'T!!!** By the end of the day, I had some shine on my nose that was easily remedied with some MAC Blot Powder, but the rest of my face still looked flawless! I still can't believe how amazing this product is! I am so glad I got two! I was so worried I made a mistake and was going to have to ship them back, and now I am worried about how quickly I am going to use these babies up! LOL!

Bottom line: GREAT stuff! Bravo, IT Cosmetics! You did what no other company before you could do! You developed a great powder foundation that performs like no other on my skin! And that's a GOOD thing! "

on 4/27/2016 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a love hate for me. It goes on so smoothly, doesn't highlight pores and gives a lovely natural, non cake finish - for about 1 hour!! This does not last despite primers and setting sprays. After approx 2 hours this has disappeared completely leaving my skin naked (not a good look I assure you lol) I use it as a touch up when my Clinique powder foundation has worn off slightly (after 10 hours!) just to see me through to end of shift. A definite not repurchase for me.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is hydrating (for a powder), illumination 10/10 and amazing coverage. + amazing skin benefits so you're doing good for your skin while applying makeup!

COVERS PIMPLES that my full coverage concealer barely cant. Just layer it on area that need more coverage. Fuller coverage than the it cosmetics cc full coverage cream.

Product: It's a powder but feels like a cream once it settles in. I haven't had any cracking or creasing with this even with the coverage it has and doesn't fade as fast as most foundation. It is illuminating so if one of your biggest problems is pore, stay away.

Even with the creamiest foundation it will cling to dry patches because its makeup but it doesn't cling to dry flakes more than any other foundation. But it doesn't look dry. This is possible to most hydrating powder that you can get.

It has fallout when you put your brush in especially flat top brushes so use the more rounder brushes and rub the brush in using the side and press it into the skin before buffing for more coverage

Packaging: It is a sturdy compact with a mirror and brush which is great for touch ups. This is great for taking it out with you for touch ups. You can touch up without ruining the foundation or making it more cakey. And you can actually use the brush to apply and it works well. (unlike the cheap unusable brushes that comes in compacts)

Pro:
-Full coverage. covers pimples and all sorts of things.
- great for travel/ bag because multi use. Foundation with such good coverage you can build it up and skip the concealer. Comes with brush and mirror as well.
- Hydrating and illuminating for a powder.
- saves money because you can use it as a powder and foundation and skip on concealer so great for carrying around and save makeup bag space.
- no creasing or caking.
- Skin benefits with collagen, peptides, antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. (+ niaccin, rose, silk and aloe)

Con:
- Wish it came with spf for perfect everyday, on the go application.
- Flash back so might as well add the spf.
- small shade range.