It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.7

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 2/23/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks. IT Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands so when I needed a new powder I knew I wanted something from them. I do not use this as a powder foundation, but rather as a setting powder. It can get really cakey if you apply too much, so a light dusting all over your face or even targeted areas that you want a little more coverage gives the best finish. I use a duo-fiber brush for even lighter application. It definitely has a glowy finish so if you want something matte, this isn't it. The finish is similar to Bare Minerals original powder foundation. There is no scent and I have had no skin reactions. It is a powder and there is some fall out when you dip your brush in the pan, but nothing excessive. The packaging is pretty, it's smooth white plastic with an opal/pearl finish. It is expensive, I paid $35 at Ulta. Because I use so little, it will definitely last me a long time. I have noticed that it looks better 30 minutes after you apply it. The powdery finish sinks into your skin and gives a beautiful healthy glow. I work 8-5 and usually don't take my makeup off until 8pm. This lasts on my face for the full 12 hours with no issues. I have it in fair and it's a great color match for me. The small brush applicator that it comes with is actually not bad, IT Cosmetics is known for their amazing brushes and this one is really nice quality for being included with the product. I have full size brushes that I prefer more, but when traveling or in a hurry I can use the included brush with no issues and the same result. I would probably repurchase when it's done, unless IT comes out with something better! I would recommend this to people who don't have texture issues as the glowy finish can highlight problem areas.

on 2/7/2017 8:32:00 PM

This is such an awful foundation. I use the Celebration Foundation that comes in the black packaging and I love that one. It gives me great coverage. Ulta had sold out of that one and I was told this is basically the same thing so I purchased it. It was horrible. It didn't give me full coverage. I don't like the shimmer in the product as it highlights my pores and fine lines. The foundation did not last all day long. After about 2 hours of wearing it most of the product had come off and I looked oily. There is a lot of fall out from the product, so you lose a lot of product while applying. I love It Cosmetics in general so I was really disappointed in this foundation. Get the other Celebration Foundation has a matte beautiful finish.

New update: I finally got it in Light. I used the spongy applicator that came with my Bye Bye Pores, similar to the one I used to get with MAC Studio Fix. Gave a great full coverage, but in a few hours is was settling into lines and breaking up. It felt heavy and a bit oily. The next day I used an old kabuki brush I used to use with BM and the coverage was still good, definitely high light to medium. It also wasn't as glowy this way too. The color is perfect. A cream or liquid concealer would be tough to use with a powder foundation, but this can double as one with the right brush for spot concealing. I didn't swirl the brush into the compact, just touched it with a very slight swipe. Works well and I'll definitely use as an every day foundation. Very pleased.

Original review: I used to use MAC Studio Fix back in my 20s and by my 30s it wasn't working for me any longer. I've been using IT CC+ cream most of this year, both formulas, and love them both. Thought I'd give this a go while picking up CC + cream for my MILs Christmas gift since I had a 20% coupon for Ulta.

First of all, it feels and looks great. No issues with that. I used to use the sponge applicator that came with my MAC to apply, and while I have a billion brushes, I just don't have one that plays nicely with the IT pressed foundation so I'll have to buy one. I did use the disposable sponges I have on hand, and then opted for the tiny brush included in the packaging with very good results. IT makes amazing brushes so I never should have doubted the tiny one. A little goes a long way with this powder and it isn't as matte as MAC SF and not as luminous as the cream formula of CC+ (which I really like too).

My only issue with it is color. I can switch seamlessly between the Light and Medium colors of the cream with very little difference in shade and appearance. Sometimes I'll blend them together for the day, or wear one instead of the other depending how my complexion is that day. For the record my creams are Light in the Illumination formula and original in the Medium. I get more versatility this way and it works for me. I picked this up at Ulta and swatched in the store. A swipe of the Light seemed a wee bit too pasty and the Medium seemed spot on, so that's what I bought. It wasn't until I got home and saw the color on the sponge that I gasped. It's incredibly dark and a bit orangey. It also seemed to oxidize quickly too. Now having said that, I didn't notice a severe line from my face to my neck, nor did I notice a huge difference between my face and my chest. It could be exactly the shade I need and I'm just being hyper critical having been used to mediums always being too dark and lights being just light enough that I have to use a bronzer for balance and warmth. This medium shade is very warm to begin with. I know IT likes to say if you can't decide between light and medium, go with medium, but I don't know if I agree with that here. I actually just ordered the foundation in Light with another coupon and points I had, so I got it for $36 out the door and will likely give the Medium to my daughter who has a darker complexion than I do.

Despite the shade issue, I'm very pleased with this product. Be sure to use a setting spray with this as it tones down the powdery look but doesn't detract from the finish overall. It's full coverage so know a little goes a long way. It would be great for work or going out, and the portability is a good plus too. Just know it's probably best to blot and try the Bye Bye Pores to touch up later on as this could become cakey since it is a powder. I used to use my MAC over foundation too. I haven't done that with this, but it would likely work just as well for additional coverage. It went on quickly and nicely so it's a good everyday time saving foundation.

ETA:. I gave this to my daughter. Looks great on her. Medium really was too dark. Still waiting on the Light that I ordered from Ulta over a week ago. I realize it's the holidays but shipping took far longer than usual. Not good, Ulta. Next time I'll order from QVC.

on 11/18/2016 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. I would say it is light to medium coverage on me. Perhaps it could be built up to fuller coverage but I am afraid it would become cake if over-applied. I have slightly dry skin and it takes a few minutes to really buff it in so it looks natural. There is a slight illuminating effect but nothing over the top, so don't worry about that if it was a concern.

The powder can be used as a finishing powder, too. Sometimes I use a little primer and BB cream, and follow up with this powder, then set it with a finishing spray. It's a nice look.

I think the compact will last a very long time. The compact comes with a mirror and a little brush tucked underneath. I do not use the brush it came with inside the compact.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love the IT Cosmetics line. I have gotten to the point where the majority of face products I use are IT Cosmetics. This is one of the best powder foundations I have ever tried. It has a very creamy consistency and covers well. However, you must prep your skin in order for it to work it's best.

I apply a primer first, I use Shiseido Refining primer which is HG for me, then I apply IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer to my eye area and blend it around my nose and pat it in with a sponge. Then, using an IT Cosmetics brush made for the foundation I swirl it over my skin. It gives a nice glow w/o looking like a disco ball and covers any redness in the skin. I don't experience any dryness from using this powder, as I have with others and it does not look powdery on the skin. I use it in the Light shade which is a good match for my skin tone. The Fair shade is a little too ghostly for me. The price is average for a higher end foundation and the product lasts a very long time. I usually purchase this from QVC (not affiliated) because you can usually get very good deals on the products.

For the record, I am 53 yrs old and I find this line excellent for mature women.

on 11/13/2016 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Ok, I feel like I can do a true review now. I have had this foundation for awhile. When I first tried it I liked it. But I thought something this simple cannot be right. I am 61, have normal/dry skin with no problems, I have good skin. So I keep trying other foundations, every new thing that comes out, I am a cosmetic junkie so price doesn't matter & I am real good at getting samples. But I always compare them to this, I keep coming back to this. I guess there is a reason. I even have had several people compliment me when i wear this, not the foundation but my skin so this says a lot, they are not seeing foundation.

on 10/11/2016 12:00:00 PM

It was black card member Sephora sales when I got this.. still a lil pricey for me. The case is beautiful and looks classy, the powder had very fine shimmer. Thats what I was looking for!!

I tried it the very next day. There was a small brush within the case. When I swipe the brush onto the compact powder, veryyyyy fine particles came off. My face felt so smooth when applied. It also lasted a few hours (on bare skin) before I needed some touch up. With some foundation beneath, my skin is almost flawless!

on 9/18/2016 4:58:00 AM

I bought this, along with IT's flat top buffing foundation brush, at the recommendation of a makeup artist friend. It has a matte base that provides sheer to medium coverage, and leaves skin with a subtle sheen. It makes my skin look perfect and airbrushed. This is, by far, the very best powder I've ever used.

*whispers: HGHGHGHG!*

Why am I not shouting this from the rooftops you might ask?? Well because I'm sooooo afraid to jinx this. I have found a powder foundation I adore which means that sometime in the near future, it will stop being as magical as unicorn tears and fairy dust: it will stop covering EVERYTHING including mild rosacea, mild melasma; it will stop feeling rather creamy on my face; it will stop applying like a dream (over either a sticky type primer and a siloconey type primer); it will stop lasting 10+ hours (with MU setting spray like UD or Skindinavia that some of my other foundations still evaporate when using); it will stop making my 50 year old skin w/ few wrinkles, but a few under my eyes look smooth and even; it will stop NOT settling in said fine lines; the company will decide to d/c it.

So, to keep any jinxing from happening, I will just continue to whisper HGHGHG!

The shade Fair is perfect for me. Light ended up being 1 shade too dark. For reference, I am: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; IT Cosmetics CC + = Light; Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear in 020 light beige; Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in 210N Buff; CG Outlast 3 in 1 in Classic Ivory 810; Holika Holika Petit BB Moisturizing (formerly moist); NYX HD Studio Photogenic Nude 101; NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Deauville; Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation = 5.5; Urban Decay All Nighter = 1.0;

Trying to figure out how to repurpose this product so that it totally doesn't go to waste. This is a powder, but it feels goopy and cloying on the skin. It illuminates my problem spots instead of concealing them. It was just a bad, bad purchase on my part. Usually I love It Cosmetic products. This one just isn't for me.

Maybe as a nude eye shadow?