It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination

3.6

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Lauroyl Lysine, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Vitis Vinifera Grape Seed Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Matricaria Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Olea Europaea Olive Fruit Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Silk Powder, Niacinamide, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesteryl Oleyl Carbonate, Cholesteryl Nonanoate, Cholesteryl Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20. May contain: Iron Oxides.

on 5/12/2018 9:01:00 PM

pros:
creamy and silky
natural skin like
medium coverage
does not get greasy

cons:
broke me out
can look orange(i have this in light, i am nc20-25,)
can get cakey if packs on too much

This makes any foundation underneath that looks very dry look amazing. I use naked skin foundation by urban decay and it can cling to dry patches and i put this on top and it changes the look of dryness to creamy skinlike texture. Its magical. It does look more powdery than it is on initial application but it melts and sets itself into a creamier look to the skin. Even though it is alluminating Its not shiney or greasy on me and i have oily t zones. I was very hesitant to try this since i am oily but im glad i did because its very natural. I use murad oil mattifier as a moisturizer so that keeps oils away for hours. I use this mainly as a setting powder. I have not tried this on its own. It adds more coverage for me and i love that. It has not broken me out yet i am still testing this out will report back if this changes. Fingers crossed.

edit: i think this is breaking me out. i checked on cosdna for ingredients and it has lots of pore clogging acne causing ingredients/ so sad it is a beautiful powder

on 3/2/2018 3:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like using this powder to set my foundation...especially on my nose. Alot of powders just take the foundation off my nose but not this one. I don't really think it's illuminating per se but not flat matte either. My oil still comes through later in the day but that's pretty normal for me. I wish it wasn't so pricey but the spf is a bonus.

I so wanted to like this foundation because I like the original Celebration powder foundation. Let me start with the shade issues. I am light in all other It Cosmetic products. I'm not sure what is in this foundation but it immediately oxidized and I looked like an oompa loompa. Second, no matter what primer (or no primer) I used, this stuff would not stay on my face or even stay together. It was so bad that I washed my face at work and went without make up for the rest of the day each time I wore it and looked 10X better than when it was on my face.

I hate it too because I LOVE It Cosmetics and wanted so bad to love this foundation too. For the price, it should not do that. And I'm going to say this here and now that It Cosmetics needs to up their shade range game tremendously. There are WAAAAAAY more skin tones out there than fair, light, medium, medium tan, tan, rich, and deep...seriously????

on 12/30/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I'm 51 and dealing with changing skin texture and dryness. My go-to liquid foundations have started accentuating texture and looking heavier than I'd like. Never ever thought a powder foundation would work on my aging combo skin and large pores, but this defies all my expectations. This is the most skin-like foundation I have at this point and I'm continually surprised that at my age a powder foundation is the most natural and flattering option. I'm an NC15-20 and have this in the color Light. I'm going to order Fair and mix them to achieve a better match for my winter skin, but Light is still workable for my skin tone.

What works: Applying moisturizer (CeraVe PM) on a damp face after morning wash, then applying my sunscreen (Elta MD) after moisturizer has dried down. This sunscreen has a lot of silicone slip to it, so no need for a primer. After the sunscreen has set, I apply small amount of concealer where needed. Then I start with a small amount of this foundation on a fluffy brush, building slowly as needed. After that, I buff it in with a denser face brush. This is a very quick routine in the mornings. Also, it may look heavy at first but look again in about 10 minutes and it seems to settle in and meld with skin. Wow!

After all that, I apply bronzer, contour, blush, whatever else I want and sometimes buff it together again at the end.

Pros: This evens out skin tone really well with minimal product. It covers my melasma while looking very natural and skin-like. The illumination factor also brightens my complexion and gives me an awake and rested look. I don't need to use highlighter, so that step is eliminated. Application is very quick and super simple.

Cons: On parched dry, flaky skin it can look overdone if applied too heavily. The shine can be a bit overwhelming at times, so I sometimes tone it down with some matte face powder in the T-zone. It can look a bit heavy at first but seems to meld with the skin and look natural over a few minutes, so give it some time.

Overall, I highly recommend this and will order it again and again. It's my holy grail foundation for this point in my life.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this on a whim from Beautylish and thank god they have a great return policy. This foundation is super cakey and no matter what brush I use, it just does not look natural and settles into every poor and wrinkle. It looked so bad, my husband asked me to wash my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder foundation in Medium and Tan. And I have back ups. :-) I have owned every foundation you can think of. Never did I imagine a powder would be my holy grail foundation. I have yet to find a powder foundation that does what this does for my skin. I have hyper pigmentation (it covers), I have freckles, (it covers).. It takes me 7 minutes to get ready in the morning or anywhere for that matter... It gives you a beautiful glow with great coverage. I own La Prairie, Cle De Peau... Nothing, I mean nothing compares to this... Also, I use Real Techniques (large) powder brush to blend it in to my face... It's so quick and effortless! Just an outstanding product!!!

on 6/29/2017 1:36:00 PM

I'm really loving this. it's got a lot of illumination - I literally have stopped using a highlighter. Longevity is good, it wears well. I don't get any chalkiness in the afternoon. I will repurchase. I went with fair - but I think I'll go with Light next time. Slightly too light but I've been warming it up with bronzer.

on 5/3/2017 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I had been wanting to try this forever and I love several It Cosmetics products so I was really surprised and disappointed when this was a dud for me. It is so easy to apply (great for travel) and looks great for a short while. However, as the day wears on, it settles and looks cakey. The color match is also not good for me - light is too dark and also wears a bit orange. The shimmer seems to settle in a bad way too, and by the end of the day I just looks like a cakey orange disco ball.

on 2/23/2017 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks. IT Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands so when I needed a new powder I knew I wanted something from them. I do not use this as a powder foundation, but rather as a setting powder. It can get really cakey if you apply too much, so a light dusting all over your face or even targeted areas that you want a little more coverage gives the best finish. I use a duo-fiber brush for even lighter application. It definitely has a glowy finish so if you want something matte, this isn't it. The finish is similar to Bare Minerals original powder foundation. There is no scent and I have had no skin reactions. It is a powder and there is some fall out when you dip your brush in the pan, but nothing excessive. The packaging is pretty, it's smooth white plastic with an opal/pearl finish. It is expensive, I paid $35 at Ulta. Because I use so little, it will definitely last me a long time. I have noticed that it looks better 30 minutes after you apply it. The powdery finish sinks into your skin and gives a beautiful healthy glow. I work 8-5 and usually don't take my makeup off until 8pm. This lasts on my face for the full 12 hours with no issues. I have it in fair and it's a great color match for me. The small brush applicator that it comes with is actually not bad, IT Cosmetics is known for their amazing brushes and this one is really nice quality for being included with the product. I have full size brushes that I prefer more, but when traveling or in a hurry I can use the included brush with no issues and the same result. I would probably repurchase when it's done, unless IT comes out with something better! I would recommend this to people who don't have texture issues as the glowy finish can highlight problem areas.

on 2/7/2017 8:32:00 PM

This is such an awful foundation. I use the Celebration Foundation that comes in the black packaging and I love that one. It gives me great coverage. Ulta had sold out of that one and I was told this is basically the same thing so I purchased it. It was horrible. It didn't give me full coverage. I don't like the shimmer in the product as it highlights my pores and fine lines. The foundation did not last all day long. After about 2 hours of wearing it most of the product had come off and I looked oily. There is a lot of fall out from the product, so you lose a lot of product while applying. I love It Cosmetics in general so I was really disappointed in this foundation. Get the other Celebration Foundation has a matte beautiful finish.