Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

on 11/13/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I am quite sad to not love this product as much as I'd prefer. The color is a good match to my dark brown hair and does not look like it's too harsh of a color. However, I don't know if I love this product as much as a brow wiz type formulation or even just powder.

When it's brand new, I think this stuff is amazing. You will have a longer lasting brow with this kind of pomade vs. something that doesn't set all the way and can help to mimic the look of individual hairs if needed- something that powders cannot do, and yet it can still be blended out to fill in bald spots of the brow.

First of all, one of the largest cons to this product is keeping it fresh. I think my dipbrow is a bit dry at this point (and it isn't all that old) but I will try to keep using it until it's totally unusable. The problem may stem from the formula, but I think it is always hard to keep potted cream based products smooth and creamy because they eventually dry out with the consumer always opening the product and the air exposing the entire surface. However, I also noticed that the top layer seems to be a lot creamier than the rest of the pot inside- I noticed this because I always start dip my brush in the same exact spot, and leave the rest of the top untouched (does that even make sense? Essentially I mean to say that I don't use up the entire top layer first and move evenly through the layer, instead I stick to a certain hole and make that deeper before moving over). I also make sure to not leave the cap off longer than to load the brush and have always stored the jar upside down. Anyways, the problem I noticed is that the product doesn't pick up nicely onto the brush anymore- it has some crumbly bits and is firmer to the touch. I am using the Anastasia brush #18 I think, as it is designed to go well with this product. The brush is a great tool btw, I love the brush... hahah. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone just starting with makeup, as it does take more patience and a small learning curve.

Aside from that fact, the dipbrow does make for a pretty carved out, "on fleek" Instagram brow. It can potentially look too harsh, so I do use caution to not get too carried away, and does seem to take more effort to apply nicely and evenly vs. a powdered shadow for brows. This stuff is not for the lazy, on the go brow!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I Love This Product , I Love The Ways It Glides On With Ease. Little Goes A Long Way. Luckily I Had Watched Dozens Of Youtube Vids On It Before I Purchased. I Recommend That

Popular Brows Products