Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.5

on 12/22/2016 4:48:00 PM

I am undecided with this product really. It does stay longer than other brow products I've tried. However, I found it very difficult to apply with an angled brush. I could never seem to get the right amount of product on my brush because of its texture. But, I always end up with naturally full brows but boy is it a hassle. I wish I bought a darker color (my eyebrows are naturally black like my soul) so I don't have to apply multiple coats.

Maybe it's the product. Maybe I just don't have the skills to apply it properly. Either way, I'm still unhappy. I just can't decide if the pomade's to blame.

on 1/9/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most perfect brow product i've ever used!

Pros
- Looks beautiful and can be applied for heavy defined brows or natural looking filled in brows
- Lasts all day and night
- Never smudges
- Waterproof
- Can be applied on to skin not just hair (this is a massive plus for people with really sparse brows)
- The pot lasts forever
- Reasonably priced

Cons
- Can dry out fairly quickly but the best way to get around this is to get a little product out with the end of your brush, put it onto the top of your hand and then dab the brush into it on your hand as you go. This way you can keep the lid on the product the entire time that you are using it rather than leaving it to dry out while you do your brows as to get them perfect it can be a fairly lengthy process!
- Not a speedy application - may take some people a few tries to get it how they want it and it takes longer than a pencil to get a full brow.

Tip - buy the particular brush that is recommended for it, it works far better than any others. Use a little at a time and add more as you go, don't start with loads!

on 11/17/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing formula! It stays, won't move, looks natural and colors are gorgeous!
The reason i can now put my best brow forward!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)

on 1/5/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great product as well as a great colour. I was a bit scared to get chocolate at first thinking I don't want anything too dark or overbearing but as you can see in the picture which I've posted it isn't at all. That was my first time using this product and I can't emphasize enough how light handed you need to be with it. I used a cheap angled brush I had which was a little stern not too floppy and light and it applied how I wanted it to :) I was in two minds whether to get the medium brown/chocolate at first but I'm happy I picked this colour. One tip is to blend it quickly because it sets rather fast. Overall great, creamy product which should last a loong time and for 15 (from beautybay) you can't go wrong :)

on 4/5/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the hype reviews about this product I was excited to go out and purchase it. Sadly it wasn't what I expected. I don't know if I just had to high of an expectation because of all the rave reviews. Product is hard to work with and fades on my oily skin. Pretty standard eyebrow product in my book.

on 2/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

After trying (and not caring for) the brow wiz, I decided to check out the pomade instead. Based on online swatches, I was going to get Dark Brown but ended up getting Chocolate because my SiJCP was out of Dark Brown. The difference between the two is negligible in my opinion, with Dark Brown being just a hair cooler in tone. My hair is a warm, deep brown so I figured I could pull off Chocolate and ends up it's a great match for me.

I've seen several tutorials for this product, and it seems as though everyone who used it made their brows dramatically thicker and bolder. I always try to do a natural brow, so I had some concerns that I wouldn't be able to make this work how I wanted to. But fortunately, it's very easy to make this look as natural as possible - given that it is a very pigmented gel.

I use a brow brush from the Tarte brow mousse and it works great. I recommend a smaller brush because you can easily overdraw the brows with this stuff.

I love how it sets instantaneously. Does not smudge, wear off or fade at all. I still have to set them with a clear brow gell, but even after doing that, the pomade doesn't budge.

I'm super impressed with this product and will definitely continue to use and repurchase.

Popular Brows Products