Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

on 11/25/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Listen. I have been doing my brows for a long time but never was able to properly master filling them in and I tried everything ... shadow, pencil, whatever and I did alright but was never consistent until about 2 years ago (sad, I know). I usually would just get them shaped and leave them looking faint and sparse. I was a little hesitant to try/buy the Dipbrow because when you watch all these Youtube tutorials you always see women with ALREADY gorgeous brows using it. I wondered, does this product help women with already great brows just have even better brows or is this for me? Someone who has really sparse brows with not the greatest natural shape? I asked some friends that use it and their before pics SHOCKED me. I couldn't believe they had brows like mine under the product. I was SOLD.

Previous to Dipbrow I had tried Too Faced's Brow Envy and that was a BIG fail. Then I tried using a Maybelline pencil - not too bad but very "fake looking" and after that Benefit's Browzings. I won't say that Browzings is a BAD product on it's own - I used it faithfully for months before this - but now after using ABH Dipbrow if I were to compare the two, Dipbrow is MUCH better. First of all, the Browzings only come in Light, Medium and Dark. That right there was the main problem.

There are SO many shades (I think 12?) for Dipbrow. I was torn between the Chocolate and Dark Brown. There isnt a major difference to me between the two other than Dark Brown being a tad darker. I went with Chocolate because I felt it was best to go lighter and build up the colour, rather than go darker and be forced to have a super light hand if I wanted lighter colour. For someone like myself who tends to be heavy handed this was important. I'm glad I went with Chocolate because it is PERFECT for me. I find my brows look extremely natural. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner only because it can be a bit intimidating but if you have even the slightest experience with filling your brows you should be good after a couple tries.

I use this with the ABH #7 brush with a spooly on the other end. I wanted the #12 and picked up the #7 by accident but I'm glad I did simply because I like a smaller brush as I have better control over it. They're basically the exact same except one is smaller. The angled brush is perfect for straight and precise lines and the spooly is great at blending the product. You don't have to use this brush but I highly recommend you do since it was made specifically for the dipbrow.

You only need a little bit of product and I use the back of my hand to make sure I don't use too much and waste a lot. This stuff STAYS PUT, I have to SCRUB my hand afterwards to get the excess product off. You can easily go overboard with this so please use a light hand when applying. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide around or anything. I'll be ready to take my make up off at night, and my brows are still looking top notch. I should note: I don't use a pencil to start or a gel to set. JUST the dipbrow and its enough.

This will last you a long time because, as previously mentioned, you only need a little product. So for $23CAD I think it's worth it. I can see this lasting me months so while initially you might think its a lot for a small pot, it's actually a great value when you realize how long it will last you. The packaging is cute and for such a small pot there really is quite a lot of pomade in there. I am a little concerned with the pot being glass as I have a tendency to drop and break things but I'll just have to be more careful.

I love love love this product. I can't say enough good things about it.

on 9/3/2014 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Alas Mama Time has lightened and lessened the density of my once thick brows. That and years of plucking. But this amazing pomade used with a stiff eyebrow brush has restored my brows strong glory! A teeny dab brushed deeply onto the brow lasts forever! Till you wash it off. Amazing product and a jar will last me a lifetime it's so concentrated.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG status! I have been using gel liner to define and carve my brows for about 6 months, ever since perfecting the method by watching YouTube beauty gurus and a lot of practice. You have to be careful using any kind of gel product when defining your brows else you get that dreaded "scouse brow" look - the dark, overly exaggerated, sharpie look. Its no good! Gel liner works, but you have to be very, very light with it, and it smudges. So, I decided to splurge and get the dipbrow. What a difference! It is waterproof and does not smudge at all, not even when I scratch my brow area. The look is very natural if you use a light touch. I use the Japonesque thin angled liner brush to apply. The texture is like a mouse/gel hybrid, and you only need a tiny bit to get started. In fact, I wipe my brush inside the lid, and dip back into that area when I want more product instead of dipping the brush into the pomade. Best of all, this washes off easily with soap and water. I thought $18 was a lot to spend until I realizes how little of this I use. WIth daily use, I am confident I will get at least one year, and maybe 2, out of one little pot. Chocolate is great neutral brown shade. When I swatched it in Ulta, I thought it was ashier than dark brown. They just released a new shade, though, soft brown. I wish I had gotten that one!

on 6/23/2014 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just bought this at sephora for 18$following all the hype.It looks like hard jello but it soft,creamy and easy to apply.Be careful as to how much you use.At first i thought it was expensive but i realised i might stay with a whole pack for many many months.i applied a bit for an evening out..and 7 hrs later i came home it was still on looking good and fresh so it does have staying power!Even one girl commeneted about my brows&F.Y.I This has never ever happened.Dont sleep on this product girls!