Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 11/13/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I am quite sad to not love this product as much as I'd prefer. The color is a good match to my dark brown hair and does not look like it's too harsh of a color. However, I don't know if I love this product as much as a brow wiz type formulation or even just powder.

When it's brand new, I think this stuff is amazing. You will have a longer lasting brow with this kind of pomade vs. something that doesn't set all the way and can help to mimic the look of individual hairs if needed- something that powders cannot do, and yet it can still be blended out to fill in bald spots of the brow.

First of all, one of the largest cons to this product is keeping it fresh. I think my dipbrow is a bit dry at this point (and it isn't all that old) but I will try to keep using it until it's totally unusable. The problem may stem from the formula, but I think it is always hard to keep potted cream based products smooth and creamy because they eventually dry out with the consumer always opening the product and the air exposing the entire surface. However, I also noticed that the top layer seems to be a lot creamier than the rest of the pot inside- I noticed this because I always start dip my brush in the same exact spot, and leave the rest of the top untouched (does that even make sense? Essentially I mean to say that I don't use up the entire top layer first and move evenly through the layer, instead I stick to a certain hole and make that deeper before moving over). I also make sure to not leave the cap off longer than to load the brush and have always stored the jar upside down. Anyways, the problem I noticed is that the product doesn't pick up nicely onto the brush anymore- it has some crumbly bits and is firmer to the touch. I am using the Anastasia brush #18 I think, as it is designed to go well with this product. The brush is a great tool btw, I love the brush... hahah. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone just starting with makeup, as it does take more patience and a small learning curve.

Aside from that fact, the dipbrow does make for a pretty carved out, "on fleek" Instagram brow. It can potentially look too harsh, so I do use caution to not get too carried away, and does seem to take more effort to apply nicely and evenly vs. a powdered shadow for brows. This stuff is not for the lazy, on the go brow!

on 10/19/2015 3:27:00 PM

This product is giving me life. I love this product so much, I CAN'T EVEN. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way so it is very much worth the price. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've used it everyday since I bought it and I haven't hit pan yet. It does not budge or fade all day. The tails of my brows are too short for my liking, so when I fill in my brows I like to extend them and my problem with other brow products is that the tails of my brows fades through out the day (even when I set it w/ powder or gel) and it looks ridiculous. I don't experience this problem with my dipbrow. The texture is perfect. Creamy (but not too creamy) so it tames the brow hairs, although the texture changes after time. It says that the best-before date of the product is 6 months after you first open it and I can vouch for that, but you can add a drop of baby oil to dilute and it'll be as good as new.

on 4/29/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did like this product but I think you could use a normal brown gel eyeliner and have the same outcome. Which I did! I purchased the Rimmel gel eyeliner in brown and got the exact same results so, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

on 1/5/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great product as well as a great colour. I was a bit scared to get chocolate at first thinking I don't want anything too dark or overbearing but as you can see in the picture which I've posted it isn't at all. That was my first time using this product and I can't emphasize enough how light handed you need to be with it. I used a cheap angled brush I had which was a little stern not too floppy and light and it applied how I wanted it to :) I was in two minds whether to get the medium brown/chocolate at first but I'm happy I picked this colour. One tip is to blend it quickly because it sets rather fast. Overall great, creamy product which should last a loong time and for 15 (from beautybay) you can't go wrong :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Really like this product, I bought it after seeing lots of makeup gurus on instagram using it. I used to fill in with powder because I like the softer look. I use the Anastasia brush that the sales associate recommended to go with this product. It took me a little while to get the hang of it and practice drawing the perfect shape but I am getting much better. It's not a product you can use if you're rushing out the door on your way to work, it takes me probably 5-10 mins to achieve the perfect brow and trying to rush through it doesn't ever go well. I'm giving this product 5 stars because I like how it goes on but it's my first tinted brow pomade so not really sure how it stacks up against the others.

on 3/16/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was torn between this and Benefits Gimmie Brow, but Dipbrow seemed like a batter value as there is more product and it's at a lower price point. I have naturally full brows but they lack definition and can be hard to shape without waxing every other week. It definitely takes practice to get the hang of using Dipbrow. The SA at Sephora made it look so very nice and natural. When I tried to apply it myself the next day I was too heavy handed and it looked harsh and very Joan Crawford. Second application was slightly better but still a little heavy, after a couple more tries I finally mastered this. The trick is to have just enough on the brush to work with. I applied this with the Anastasia #12 brush, but a stiff angled eyeliner brush would also work. I smudge most of the product off the brush and outline my brows with medium strokes. If I need more product I just take what is one my hand, smudge again and keep going. With a light hand I fill in my brows. Dipbrow gives me very well defined brows. Even after a full day this does not smudge or fade.

on 2/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

After trying (and not caring for) the brow wiz, I decided to check out the pomade instead. Based on online swatches, I was going to get Dark Brown but ended up getting Chocolate because my SiJCP was out of Dark Brown. The difference between the two is negligible in my opinion, with Dark Brown being just a hair cooler in tone. My hair is a warm, deep brown so I figured I could pull off Chocolate and ends up it's a great match for me.

I've seen several tutorials for this product, and it seems as though everyone who used it made their brows dramatically thicker and bolder. I always try to do a natural brow, so I had some concerns that I wouldn't be able to make this work how I wanted to. But fortunately, it's very easy to make this look as natural as possible - given that it is a very pigmented gel.

I use a brow brush from the Tarte brow mousse and it works great. I recommend a smaller brush because you can easily overdraw the brows with this stuff.

I love how it sets instantaneously. Does not smudge, wear off or fade at all. I still have to set them with a clear brow gell, but even after doing that, the pomade doesn't budge.

I'm super impressed with this product and will definitely continue to use and repurchase.

Popular Brows Products