Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 5/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is first color I bought and I was very impressed with the staying power. It also works really well as an eyeliner.

This one is very creamy unlike the Soft Brown (defective) one I got months later.

I have noticed that it does come off patchy if I touch it too much throughout the day so I only use it as an eyeliner every now and then.

on 4/27/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I love most of Anastasia's products but this one is overhyped and overpriced. There are soo many gel brow choices on the market that are very similar. However, you do get a lot of product. The jar will last me years but I would not get this again because I could get something cheaper and probably a better color match.

I purchased this in the chocolate shade since the sales lady convinced me that ebony would be too harsh as my hair was dyed a "chocolate" brown. My hair is mostly dark now but chocolate still works. For my brown girls, chocolate is probably a better option than dark brown since that looks very ashy and ebony maybe too black.

on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)

on 11/20/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a graduate student who's always on a budget, I tend to not spend big money on expensive high end makeup unless they're worth it. This product is definitely worth it.
I've been using this for 6 months now and I have yet to make a dent in the product.
I can tell it will last me for years. It is the longest lasting eyebrow product I have used so far, and most of the brow products I've used are eyeshadows, drugstore eye pencils, and brow powder.
What that being said, this product is not smudge-proof and water-proof as it claims to be. I have moderately oily skin and I do line my brows with concealer to clean them up and make them last longer. Even so, the tails of my brows are can still be easily smudged away towards the end of the day if I'm not careful with touching my face. I find that retouching my face with loose powder helps the product last longer.

Overall, would buy again unless I find something better later on.

on 8/19/2014 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After a years' long search for eyebrow product...I found my HG!!!! It took 3 months to get my hands on this pomade. I have thin but long and unruly brows. The pomade shapes and holds them into place and fills them in for a beautiful natural or bold dramatic look. I highly recommend using the brush that is suggested for use with this product. It makes application quick and nearly perfect each time! A little goes a long way, wipe the excess on the back of the lid before applying. Concentrate the first spot away from the inner corner and use a very light hand. Practice makes perfect!

Popular Brows Products