Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 1/9/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most perfect brow product i've ever used!

Pros
- Looks beautiful and can be applied for heavy defined brows or natural looking filled in brows
- Lasts all day and night
- Never smudges
- Waterproof
- Can be applied on to skin not just hair (this is a massive plus for people with really sparse brows)
- The pot lasts forever
- Reasonably priced

Cons
- Can dry out fairly quickly but the best way to get around this is to get a little product out with the end of your brush, put it onto the top of your hand and then dab the brush into it on your hand as you go. This way you can keep the lid on the product the entire time that you are using it rather than leaving it to dry out while you do your brows as to get them perfect it can be a fairly lengthy process!
- Not a speedy application - may take some people a few tries to get it how they want it and it takes longer than a pencil to get a full brow.

Tip - buy the particular brush that is recommended for it, it works far better than any others. Use a little at a time and add more as you go, don't start with loads!

When it comes to my eyebrows, I'm quite a minimalist, and doing the whole carving out the brow + using more than two products + setting it all with gel is just too much...I always felt I should avoid this product because it usually seemed like such a hassle, but it depends on your technique. You can get a really intense "Instagram" brow with this as most of us know but it is possible to get a really natural brow look as well.

My brows are thick, but they have a skinny shape, if that makes sense. They're a bit uneven, and until now I preferred using brow powder to fill them in, but with my oily skin combined with the natural oils of my hair resting around the sides of my face, the tails of my brows would always disappear, and it sucked. The Dipbrow Pomade is bulletproof, lasts all day, and does not come off under any circumstances without makeup remover, which I adore.

As I was saying earlier, it is possible to achieve a natural look with this product, so don't be intimidated by how pigmented it is. Just use a very thin angled eyeliner brush (I use the Sonia Kashuk one) and do light strokes, avoiding filling in the gaps between hairs completely. I'm very pleased with finally making this purchase after procrastinating on it for so long.

on 11/25/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Listen. I have been doing my brows for a long time but never was able to properly master filling them in and I tried everything ... shadow, pencil, whatever and I did alright but was never consistent until about 2 years ago (sad, I know). I usually would just get them shaped and leave them looking faint and sparse. I was a little hesitant to try/buy the Dipbrow because when you watch all these Youtube tutorials you always see women with ALREADY gorgeous brows using it. I wondered, does this product help women with already great brows just have even better brows or is this for me? Someone who has really sparse brows with not the greatest natural shape? I asked some friends that use it and their before pics SHOCKED me. I couldn't believe they had brows like mine under the product. I was SOLD.

Previous to Dipbrow I had tried Too Faced's Brow Envy and that was a BIG fail. Then I tried using a Maybelline pencil - not too bad but very "fake looking" and after that Benefit's Browzings. I won't say that Browzings is a BAD product on it's own - I used it faithfully for months before this - but now after using ABH Dipbrow if I were to compare the two, Dipbrow is MUCH better. First of all, the Browzings only come in Light, Medium and Dark. That right there was the main problem.

There are SO many shades (I think 12?) for Dipbrow. I was torn between the Chocolate and Dark Brown. There isnt a major difference to me between the two other than Dark Brown being a tad darker. I went with Chocolate because I felt it was best to go lighter and build up the colour, rather than go darker and be forced to have a super light hand if I wanted lighter colour. For someone like myself who tends to be heavy handed this was important. I'm glad I went with Chocolate because it is PERFECT for me. I find my brows look extremely natural. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner only because it can be a bit intimidating but if you have even the slightest experience with filling your brows you should be good after a couple tries.

I use this with the ABH #7 brush with a spooly on the other end. I wanted the #12 and picked up the #7 by accident but I'm glad I did simply because I like a smaller brush as I have better control over it. They're basically the exact same except one is smaller. The angled brush is perfect for straight and precise lines and the spooly is great at blending the product. You don't have to use this brush but I highly recommend you do since it was made specifically for the dipbrow.

You only need a little bit of product and I use the back of my hand to make sure I don't use too much and waste a lot. This stuff STAYS PUT, I have to SCRUB my hand afterwards to get the excess product off. You can easily go overboard with this so please use a light hand when applying. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide around or anything. I'll be ready to take my make up off at night, and my brows are still looking top notch. I should note: I don't use a pencil to start or a gel to set. JUST the dipbrow and its enough.

This will last you a long time because, as previously mentioned, you only need a little product. So for $23CAD I think it's worth it. I can see this lasting me months so while initially you might think its a lot for a small pot, it's actually a great value when you realize how long it will last you. The packaging is cute and for such a small pot there really is quite a lot of pomade in there. I am a little concerned with the pot being glass as I have a tendency to drop and break things but I'll just have to be more careful.

I love love love this product. I can't say enough good things about it.

on 11/17/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing formula! It stays, won't move, looks natural and colors are gorgeous!
The reason i can now put my best brow forward!!!

on 10/19/2015 3:27:00 PM

This product is giving me life. I love this product so much, I CAN'T EVEN. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way so it is very much worth the price. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've used it everyday since I bought it and I haven't hit pan yet. It does not budge or fade all day. The tails of my brows are too short for my liking, so when I fill in my brows I like to extend them and my problem with other brow products is that the tails of my brows fades through out the day (even when I set it w/ powder or gel) and it looks ridiculous. I don't experience this problem with my dipbrow. The texture is perfect. Creamy (but not too creamy) so it tames the brow hairs, although the texture changes after time. It says that the best-before date of the product is 6 months after you first open it and I can vouch for that, but you can add a drop of baby oil to dilute and it'll be as good as new.

I'm actually quite new to the whole "eyebrow" world, and absolutely love this product. To be honest, any eyebrow brush has the same effect. This product it smooth/gel-like enough to remove any mistakes, but durable and strong to last all day. There isn't a long day that goes by where I have to redo them, and if one eyebrow seems too thick/full than the other, it's insanely easy to fix it quickly. I would recommend this to beginners/pros. So worth $23.00

on 6/1/2015 9:58:00 AM

I was surprised with the weight and the amount of the product inside. That being said its a brilliant eyebrow product by far. In the scorching heat of Dubai only this stays on my face while all the makeup melts away. Well strong eyebrows power!!!

on 5/6/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this product. I use this to fill in my eyebrows when the people who do my eyebrows accidentally take off extra. This really makes eyebrows look full and natural. I already have thick eyebrows, but when parts go missing I have to use this dipbrow which works wonders. Would definitely repurchase. Have not been able to find a dupe that does the same job and lasts through all types of weather. Great product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

on 1/7/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

What a great product! I don't agree with the bad reviews on this product at all!! I have oily skin and suffer from mild acne but this product just worked wonders with my oily skin and even better than any other products I've used. Having used the Rimmel brow pencil, which I must say served me well, I knew I wanted a product that looked less harsh, created a nice fade and didn't look fake but also filled my brows. Not much hey!! I ordered my DipBrow from Cult Beauty which is UK based (great customer service btw!!)
So on to the product:
1. Price: So I paid 15 for the pomade, but also ordered the Sable Duo Brow Brush at 14. Delivery was 3.95 so I actually paid 32.95. Although the brow brush is amazing, if you want to spend less, you can find brushes and spoolies elsewhere saving on cost. I was happy to pay this price and would again considering how great the product is and how little I had to use.
2.Packaging: The packaging is adorable! A cute little black box with the ABH gold logo.
3.Application: (I applied the product after applying my foundation) So, regarding application I can say one thing helped me apply this so well the first time, this was watching countless YouTube videos on how to do so! Taking my brush all I literally had to do was dab the product into the pomade, hardly leaving a mark and this was enough for my entire brow! I carved out the shape I wanted and brushed out with the spoolie! This step is major to ensure they look blended and natural. The product glided on so easily and it is so easy to shape to my brow. (I have thin eyebrow hair but lots of it if that makes sense). It isn't easy to make mistakes as the brushes are so thin and precise however if you do id suggest blending out with a small amount of concealer. The pigmentation is great and the colour went really nicely with my medium brown skin tone.
4.Lasting power: So I apply around 8 in the morning and I can honestly say at 10pm at night when I get to wash my face it is still perfect. The only issue with it having such high lasting power is actually removing it, however using an oil free eye makeup remover it removes pretty easily.
So all I can say is this is a great product, whether you want a heavy look, a natural look, if you have little hair (tried on my mums faint brows and looked super natural) or lots of hair. 100% recommend it, regardless of skin type. My HG product if you cant already tell!!!:)

Popular Brows Products