Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

I opened this product at Ulta and you know what it smelled like? Poop! Disgusting. Whatever ingredient they are using in this is foul!

on 1/11/2017 6:35:00 AM

to be honest, the product is not nearly as good as some cheaper alternatives. it is never smooth and easy to use, the pigmentation is great but the product dries up really quickly.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. I watched several videos, read dozens of blogs and reviews to make sure that it was worth it. Unfortunately, for me, it wasn't. I am super oily, and while it was easy to use, I found that it lacked the much-touted lasting power. My eyebrows stayed only for half a day! I have very sparse and barely there eyebrows. If I blot my face, my eyebrows come off! I find that they stay longer when they have hair to hold on too. Might not be the best bet for super oily gals who have little eyebrows like me.

on 12/22/2016 4:48:00 PM

I am undecided with this product really. It does stay longer than other brow products I've tried. However, I found it very difficult to apply with an angled brush. I could never seem to get the right amount of product on my brush because of its texture. But, I always end up with naturally full brows but boy is it a hassle. I wish I bought a darker color (my eyebrows are naturally black like my soul) so I don't have to apply multiple coats.

Maybe it's the product. Maybe I just don't have the skills to apply it properly. Either way, I'm still unhappy. I just can't decide if the pomade's to blame.

on 11/13/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I am quite sad to not love this product as much as I'd prefer. The color is a good match to my dark brown hair and does not look like it's too harsh of a color. However, I don't know if I love this product as much as a brow wiz type formulation or even just powder.

When it's brand new, I think this stuff is amazing. You will have a longer lasting brow with this kind of pomade vs. something that doesn't set all the way and can help to mimic the look of individual hairs if needed- something that powders cannot do, and yet it can still be blended out to fill in bald spots of the brow.

First of all, one of the largest cons to this product is keeping it fresh. I think my dipbrow is a bit dry at this point (and it isn't all that old) but I will try to keep using it until it's totally unusable. The problem may stem from the formula, but I think it is always hard to keep potted cream based products smooth and creamy because they eventually dry out with the consumer always opening the product and the air exposing the entire surface. However, I also noticed that the top layer seems to be a lot creamier than the rest of the pot inside- I noticed this because I always start dip my brush in the same exact spot, and leave the rest of the top untouched (does that even make sense? Essentially I mean to say that I don't use up the entire top layer first and move evenly through the layer, instead I stick to a certain hole and make that deeper before moving over). I also make sure to not leave the cap off longer than to load the brush and have always stored the jar upside down. Anyways, the problem I noticed is that the product doesn't pick up nicely onto the brush anymore- it has some crumbly bits and is firmer to the touch. I am using the Anastasia brush #18 I think, as it is designed to go well with this product. The brush is a great tool btw, I love the brush... hahah. However, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone just starting with makeup, as it does take more patience and a small learning curve.

Aside from that fact, the dipbrow does make for a pretty carved out, "on fleek" Instagram brow. It can potentially look too harsh, so I do use caution to not get too carried away, and does seem to take more effort to apply nicely and evenly vs. a powdered shadow for brows. This stuff is not for the lazy, on the go brow!

on 5/28/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is first color I bought and I was very impressed with the staying power. It also works really well as an eyeliner.

This one is very creamy unlike the Soft Brown (defective) one I got months later.

I have noticed that it does come off patchy if I touch it too much throughout the day so I only use it as an eyeliner every now and then.

on 4/29/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I did like this product but I think you could use a normal brown gel eyeliner and have the same outcome. Which I did! I purchased the Rimmel gel eyeliner in brown and got the exact same results so, I don't think it's worth the money or the hype.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this color. I'm a nw43 sometimes in the summer I can pass for nc50. This color is really nice. The first few weeks of using this pomade was awesome and gave beautiful results. But after about a month of using this I can tell that it's dying out. I always close the jar tightly. I never leave it open while I'm doing my eyebrows. If it wasn't for that I would've repurchased because it's very long lasting. I'm going to try Mac dipbrow now.

on 4/5/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the hype reviews about this product I was excited to go out and purchase it. Sadly it wasn't what I expected. I don't know if I just had to high of an expectation because of all the rave reviews. Product is hard to work with and fades on my oily skin. Pretty standard eyebrow product in my book.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Super pigmented; you have to be careful when loading your brush or it can be too much. When it works for me, it really works well and I love how it stays put and doesn't fade. $18 was a huge gamble for me, but this will last forever. I use it every other day, swapping with a milani pencil with spoolie. I use a thin angled brush and dab it in only lightly--it always seems to have the perfect amount of product on the brush after you have done your brows (2nd day is best) so if your sister will let you do up her brows first, do it! :)