Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 11/25/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Listen. I have been doing my brows for a long time but never was able to properly master filling them in and I tried everything ... shadow, pencil, whatever and I did alright but was never consistent until about 2 years ago (sad, I know). I usually would just get them shaped and leave them looking faint and sparse. I was a little hesitant to try/buy the Dipbrow because when you watch all these Youtube tutorials you always see women with ALREADY gorgeous brows using it. I wondered, does this product help women with already great brows just have even better brows or is this for me? Someone who has really sparse brows with not the greatest natural shape? I asked some friends that use it and their before pics SHOCKED me. I couldn't believe they had brows like mine under the product. I was SOLD.

Previous to Dipbrow I had tried Too Faced's Brow Envy and that was a BIG fail. Then I tried using a Maybelline pencil - not too bad but very "fake looking" and after that Benefit's Browzings. I won't say that Browzings is a BAD product on it's own - I used it faithfully for months before this - but now after using ABH Dipbrow if I were to compare the two, Dipbrow is MUCH better. First of all, the Browzings only come in Light, Medium and Dark. That right there was the main problem.

There are SO many shades (I think 12?) for Dipbrow. I was torn between the Chocolate and Dark Brown. There isnt a major difference to me between the two other than Dark Brown being a tad darker. I went with Chocolate because I felt it was best to go lighter and build up the colour, rather than go darker and be forced to have a super light hand if I wanted lighter colour. For someone like myself who tends to be heavy handed this was important. I'm glad I went with Chocolate because it is PERFECT for me. I find my brows look extremely natural. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner only because it can be a bit intimidating but if you have even the slightest experience with filling your brows you should be good after a couple tries.

I use this with the ABH #7 brush with a spooly on the other end. I wanted the #12 and picked up the #7 by accident but I'm glad I did simply because I like a smaller brush as I have better control over it. They're basically the exact same except one is smaller. The angled brush is perfect for straight and precise lines and the spooly is great at blending the product. You don't have to use this brush but I highly recommend you do since it was made specifically for the dipbrow.

You only need a little bit of product and I use the back of my hand to make sure I don't use too much and waste a lot. This stuff STAYS PUT, I have to SCRUB my hand afterwards to get the excess product off. You can easily go overboard with this so please use a light hand when applying. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide around or anything. I'll be ready to take my make up off at night, and my brows are still looking top notch. I should note: I don't use a pencil to start or a gel to set. JUST the dipbrow and its enough.

This will last you a long time because, as previously mentioned, you only need a little product. So for $23CAD I think it's worth it. I can see this lasting me months so while initially you might think its a lot for a small pot, it's actually a great value when you realize how long it will last you. The packaging is cute and for such a small pot there really is quite a lot of pomade in there. I am a little concerned with the pot being glass as I have a tendency to drop and break things but I'll just have to be more careful.

I love love love this product. I can't say enough good things about it.

on 1/9/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The most perfect brow product i've ever used!

Pros
- Looks beautiful and can be applied for heavy defined brows or natural looking filled in brows
- Lasts all day and night
- Never smudges
- Waterproof
- Can be applied on to skin not just hair (this is a massive plus for people with really sparse brows)
- The pot lasts forever
- Reasonably priced

Cons
- Can dry out fairly quickly but the best way to get around this is to get a little product out with the end of your brush, put it onto the top of your hand and then dab the brush into it on your hand as you go. This way you can keep the lid on the product the entire time that you are using it rather than leaving it to dry out while you do your brows as to get them perfect it can be a fairly lengthy process!
- Not a speedy application - may take some people a few tries to get it how they want it and it takes longer than a pencil to get a full brow.

Tip - buy the particular brush that is recommended for it, it works far better than any others. Use a little at a time and add more as you go, don't start with loads!

When it comes to my eyebrows, I'm quite a minimalist, and doing the whole carving out the brow + using more than two products + setting it all with gel is just too much...I always felt I should avoid this product because it usually seemed like such a hassle, but it depends on your technique. You can get a really intense "Instagram" brow with this as most of us know but it is possible to get a really natural brow look as well.

My brows are thick, but they have a skinny shape, if that makes sense. They're a bit uneven, and until now I preferred using brow powder to fill them in, but with my oily skin combined with the natural oils of my hair resting around the sides of my face, the tails of my brows would always disappear, and it sucked. The Dipbrow Pomade is bulletproof, lasts all day, and does not come off under any circumstances without makeup remover, which I adore.

As I was saying earlier, it is possible to achieve a natural look with this product, so don't be intimidated by how pigmented it is. Just use a very thin angled eyeliner brush (I use the Sonia Kashuk one) and do light strokes, avoiding filling in the gaps between hairs completely. I'm very pleased with finally making this purchase after procrastinating on it for so long.

on 10/19/2015 3:27:00 PM

This product is giving me life. I love this product so much, I CAN'T EVEN. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way so it is very much worth the price. I've had mine for about 6 months and I've used it everyday since I bought it and I haven't hit pan yet. It does not budge or fade all day. The tails of my brows are too short for my liking, so when I fill in my brows I like to extend them and my problem with other brow products is that the tails of my brows fades through out the day (even when I set it w/ powder or gel) and it looks ridiculous. I don't experience this problem with my dipbrow. The texture is perfect. Creamy (but not too creamy) so it tames the brow hairs, although the texture changes after time. It says that the best-before date of the product is 6 months after you first open it and I can vouch for that, but you can add a drop of baby oil to dilute and it'll be as good as new.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this stuff. It's eighteen dollars, but you also have to buy a brush. Dip Brow gives me perfect brows with just a little bit of practice. I admit it's a bit difficult to get the hang of at first, but once you got it, it's perfectly sculpted brows from there on out.

The color "chocolate" is warmer. I'm an NC35 with black hair with strong yellow undertones. I suppose this is the result of being Asian. I didn't want pitch black brows, so I avoided ebony, but chocolate was perfect.

My problem with the product/packaging is that it does dry out. You should store it upside down with the cap as tight as possible. If you happen to forget and it does dry, it can be easily fixed with a drop of oil.

on 11/20/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Holy eyebrows, this stuff is a God sent I swear. First off let me say I'm an oliy girl, my face gets slippery fast, but this stuff grips each hair and all the skin around it with no problems of separting or slipping off. I've never had an eyebrow thats stayed on for more then 3 hours let alone a 9 hour day. Stays on from morning well into the evening with no issues.

Lets talk colour! I have medium brown hair with hints of some red and light brown in it (naturally) so i look for a brown that has some warmth to it but I wouldnt ever go so far as to look for a red undertone. All the colours in the pods looked so dead and ashy to me that chocolate was the only colour I felt some what safe with walking out Sephora with. I've been using the two eyebrow pencils from MAC in the colours Brunette, they have no staying power what so ever so they werent exactly ideal for my skin type but they were the only ones i could find that had a nice warmth to them without the redness in them and let me just say these two colours are IDENTICAL. They're the exactly same!! I did one brow with my MAC pencils and one with my Dipbrow and I honestly couldnt find a single difference in colour.

Brushes!! Ok I have to say im not a fan of the brush they want you to buy with it, i like a clean crisp brow and the soft-medium Anastasia brush wasnt cutting it for me. I actually asked the girl at Sephora what brush she would recommend has a nice thick texture to it (without being rock hard) and she suggested the Sephora brand PRO Brow in #20. This is my HG eyebrow brush, its amazing compared to any other brush ive ever tried. It also comes with this nice little plastic case that snaps on to the end which is perfect for girls like me who like to grab there brushes and throw them in there purses without thinking "hey there might be product rubbing all over my purse" oops.

Overview: Love the colour, a nice rich warm brown, used with a light hand can make nice light brows all the way to dark sexy brows. The price is amazing $23.00 Canadian, the amount of product you need for both brows is seriously two dips into the pod, i havent even made a dent in mine and ive had it for around 2 weeks now. Staying power is shocking, super creamy, everything you could want in one little pod. If you havent given it a shot i suggest heading into your local Sephora or ordering it off the website, you wont be disappointed.

I have dark brown hair and eyebrows to match, so I thought if I bought this stuff a shade lighter than my hair it would be perfect. For some reason though, this stuff seemed WAY too dark and pigmented for my brows- I had to use a very VERY light hand with it, and even then my brows kind of looked clownish. I bought another one of these in taupe, which is pretty far from my actual color, and that worked a little better. I'm not sure why this is the case, as usually the Anastasia chocolate/dark brown colors work for me, but this did not. All I would say, try to test out the shade you're buying beforehand, because while I *do* like this product, I don't like the shade that should work for me.

UPDATE: After working at a makeup store for 3 months, I've learned that the issues I had with Dipbrow seem to be pretty universal. The formula is such that most women should actually get a shade or two lighter than the one they think they need, and still use a very, very light hand. I guess maybe if you were doing some serious eyebrow drawing, as opposed to filling them in a little, you might want a shade closer to your true shade. But for most people, I would suggest trying to go lighter. Dipbrow is great product for someone who does a very exaggerated brow or who has extremely sparse brows, OR who wants something that's gonna be more long wearing than pencil or liquid formulas. However, if you're just doing a little shaping/filling or you already have thick brows, I don't know that this is necessary. That said, I haven't tried the "mashing a bit on the lid" trick that others have mentioned, and it sounds like that might help to soften the application a bit.

on 6/23/2014 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just bought this at sephora for 18$following all the hype.It looks like hard jello but it soft,creamy and easy to apply.Be careful as to how much you use.At first i thought it was expensive but i realised i might stay with a whole pack for many many months.i applied a bit for an evening out..and 7 hrs later i came home it was still on looking good and fresh so it does have staying power!Even one girl commeneted about my brows&F.Y.I This has never ever happened.Dont sleep on this product girls!

on 12/22/2016 4:48:00 PM

I am undecided with this product really. It does stay longer than other brow products I've tried. However, I found it very difficult to apply with an angled brush. I could never seem to get the right amount of product on my brush because of its texture. But, I always end up with naturally full brows but boy is it a hassle. I wish I bought a darker color (my eyebrows are naturally black like my soul) so I don't have to apply multiple coats.

Maybe it's the product. Maybe I just don't have the skills to apply it properly. Either way, I'm still unhappy. I just can't decide if the pomade's to blame.

Love love love this stuff. If you use it with a light hand it will last you forever and ever and ever and even if you don't it will still last you quite awhile. I like the color selection especially since they added "Granite" which is a cool toned almost black shade, I walked away from it for awhile because I was trying other brow products and when I ran out of those I came back and was so sorry I left. The day I came back was the best my brows had looked it months. One complaint is the packaging, I feel that the jar is unnecessarily thick (weird complaint I know) as well as glass (which is bad for me personally because I drop everything). Additionally I feel like it doesn't keep enough moisture in because occasionally I have to re hydrate the product either with and oil or with eye drops. I don't find it to be waterproof or smudge proof though, let that be known. After many many (let's say like 12-15) I start to see the edges wearing a little bit but I have found two ways to alleviate this problem: Outline with a brow pencil (ABH Brow Wiz in my case) or use a layer of ABH Beauty Genius (but that's a whole other can of worms y'all).

All in all a great product that will have your brows looking fantastic. Best in the market IMO.

Popular Brows Products