Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 2/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

After trying (and not caring for) the brow wiz, I decided to check out the pomade instead. Based on online swatches, I was going to get Dark Brown but ended up getting Chocolate because my SiJCP was out of Dark Brown. The difference between the two is negligible in my opinion, with Dark Brown being just a hair cooler in tone. My hair is a warm, deep brown so I figured I could pull off Chocolate and ends up it's a great match for me.

I've seen several tutorials for this product, and it seems as though everyone who used it made their brows dramatically thicker and bolder. I always try to do a natural brow, so I had some concerns that I wouldn't be able to make this work how I wanted to. But fortunately, it's very easy to make this look as natural as possible - given that it is a very pigmented gel.

I use a brow brush from the Tarte brow mousse and it works great. I recommend a smaller brush because you can easily overdraw the brows with this stuff.

I love how it sets instantaneously. Does not smudge, wear off or fade at all. I still have to set them with a clear brow gell, but even after doing that, the pomade doesn't budge.

I'm super impressed with this product and will definitely continue to use and repurchase.

on 3/16/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was torn between this and Benefits Gimmie Brow, but Dipbrow seemed like a batter value as there is more product and it's at a lower price point. I have naturally full brows but they lack definition and can be hard to shape without waxing every other week. It definitely takes practice to get the hang of using Dipbrow. The SA at Sephora made it look so very nice and natural. When I tried to apply it myself the next day I was too heavy handed and it looked harsh and very Joan Crawford. Second application was slightly better but still a little heavy, after a couple more tries I finally mastered this. The trick is to have just enough on the brush to work with. I applied this with the Anastasia #12 brush, but a stiff angled eyeliner brush would also work. I smudge most of the product off the brush and outline my brows with medium strokes. If I need more product I just take what is one my hand, smudge again and keep going. With a light hand I fill in my brows. Dipbrow gives me very well defined brows. Even after a full day this does not smudge or fade.

on 3/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product is just so lovely- and effective. It's the real deal and not overrated.

Pros:

Goes on smoothly, applies evenly and easily- (a time saver!)

Doesn't set too quickly, which allows for contouring if necessary

Doesn't fade or move throughout the day

Color: Very natural looking

Con:

The price. However, it isn't super expensive and you get a lot for your money.

I'm glad I gave this a try. I didn't NEED another brow product but since this one is so good I'm still happy I bought it. When it's done, I'm sure I'll buy another. Yep, it's that good.

UPDATE 10/21/14: I've tried the Dark Brown and found it to be a bit lighter and more natural looking, reminds me of the MAC brow pencil in Spiked.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Really like this product, I bought it after seeing lots of makeup gurus on instagram using it. I used to fill in with powder because I like the softer look. I use the Anastasia brush that the sales associate recommended to go with this product. It took me a little while to get the hang of it and practice drawing the perfect shape but I am getting much better. It's not a product you can use if you're rushing out the door on your way to work, it takes me probably 5-10 mins to achieve the perfect brow and trying to rush through it doesn't ever go well. I'm giving this product 5 stars because I like how it goes on but it's my first tinted brow pomade so not really sure how it stacks up against the others.

on 3/29/2014 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG I've been searching and searching for a great eyebrow product at my drugstores and grocery stores because I couldn't get to a prestige makeup store for a while, but I finally went to ulta for an event and wasn't planning on buying this, but I'm so glad I did!! I was torn between this or the brow powder starter kit, but I remember on Instagram all the MUA used this on their clients so I bought this. A little goes a long way and is soooo smooth and pigmented. I apply this with my maybelline angled eye brush. It was around $18 I believe and comes in a sleek jar. It's also long lasting for sure- I put swatches of this on my hand Wednesday and it is now Saturday with it still there!! Definitely gonna repurchase

on 4/5/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the hype reviews about this product I was excited to go out and purchase it. Sadly it wasn't what I expected. I don't know if I just had to high of an expectation because of all the rave reviews. Product is hard to work with and fades on my oily skin. Pretty standard eyebrow product in my book.

on 4/15/2014 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is awesome. It stays on forever and it really accentuates my brows. I wear very long bangs, but this still manages to showcase my brows. I have it in Dark Chocolate, because they did not have anything lighter. I am a brunette, so it does work. I say I will buy again, probably will not need to though it is quite a bitr of product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I will never use any other eye brow product ever again!

on 6/6/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

There are no words to describe how fantastic Dipbrow is. I will NEVER use another product on my brows!!!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm taking a lippie off because the staying power isn't as good as I used to think. Basically if you are doing a really hard work out a noticeable amount will fade (at least for me), and I don't have oily skin. It also seems to be drying out a little bit, so you might want to warm it up a smidge if this happens to you. Overall I am quite pleased with this product as it is very easy to use. It doesn't set too fast and you only need a small amount. Price is worth it for me.