Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate

Filtered by age: 30-35
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Chocolate
Dipbrow Pomade in ChocolateAnastasia Dipbrow in chocolateDipbrow Pomade in ChocolateBold Eyebrows

4.4

on 11/25/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Listen. I have been doing my brows for a long time but never was able to properly master filling them in and I tried everything ... shadow, pencil, whatever and I did alright but was never consistent until about 2 years ago (sad, I know). I usually would just get them shaped and leave them looking faint and sparse. I was a little hesitant to try/buy the Dipbrow because when you watch all these Youtube tutorials you always see women with ALREADY gorgeous brows using it. I wondered, does this product help women with already great brows just have even better brows or is this for me? Someone who has really sparse brows with not the greatest natural shape? I asked some friends that use it and their before pics SHOCKED me. I couldn't believe they had brows like mine under the product. I was SOLD.

Previous to Dipbrow I had tried Too Faced's Brow Envy and that was a BIG fail. Then I tried using a Maybelline pencil - not too bad but very "fake looking" and after that Benefit's Browzings. I won't say that Browzings is a BAD product on it's own - I used it faithfully for months before this - but now after using ABH Dipbrow if I were to compare the two, Dipbrow is MUCH better. First of all, the Browzings only come in Light, Medium and Dark. That right there was the main problem.

There are SO many shades (I think 12?) for Dipbrow. I was torn between the Chocolate and Dark Brown. There isnt a major difference to me between the two other than Dark Brown being a tad darker. I went with Chocolate because I felt it was best to go lighter and build up the colour, rather than go darker and be forced to have a super light hand if I wanted lighter colour. For someone like myself who tends to be heavy handed this was important. I'm glad I went with Chocolate because it is PERFECT for me. I find my brows look extremely natural. I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner only because it can be a bit intimidating but if you have even the slightest experience with filling your brows you should be good after a couple tries.

I use this with the ABH #7 brush with a spooly on the other end. I wanted the #12 and picked up the #7 by accident but I'm glad I did simply because I like a smaller brush as I have better control over it. They're basically the exact same except one is smaller. The angled brush is perfect for straight and precise lines and the spooly is great at blending the product. You don't have to use this brush but I highly recommend you do since it was made specifically for the dipbrow.

You only need a little bit of product and I use the back of my hand to make sure I don't use too much and waste a lot. This stuff STAYS PUT, I have to SCRUB my hand afterwards to get the excess product off. You can easily go overboard with this so please use a light hand when applying. I have oily skin and this doesn't slide around or anything. I'll be ready to take my make up off at night, and my brows are still looking top notch. I should note: I don't use a pencil to start or a gel to set. JUST the dipbrow and its enough.

This will last you a long time because, as previously mentioned, you only need a little product. So for $23CAD I think it's worth it. I can see this lasting me months so while initially you might think its a lot for a small pot, it's actually a great value when you realize how long it will last you. The packaging is cute and for such a small pot there really is quite a lot of pomade in there. I am a little concerned with the pot being glass as I have a tendency to drop and break things but I'll just have to be more careful.

I love love love this product. I can't say enough good things about it.

on 6/1/2015 9:58:00 AM

I was surprised with the weight and the amount of the product inside. That being said its a brilliant eyebrow product by far. In the scorching heat of Dubai only this stays on my face while all the makeup melts away. Well strong eyebrows power!!!

on 11/3/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

ERMERGERD this stuff is amazing. Dipbrow has ignited an eyebrow obsession within me. I bought the chocolate because I have warm brown hair with blonde highlights; the Chocolate has a warmer undertone. Next time I might try the medium brown which looks a little bit ashier.

I used a very thin angle brush for application, like the kind that you use for gel eyeliner. The finer the better, because it will give you cleaner ends on your brows. As I saw Anastasia do in a video, I take a bit of Dipbrow and "mash it" onto the container lid to blend it into the brush. The brush should not go directly on your brows after dipping! It will look too permanent marker-y because the formula is not that different from a gel liner. Unless you're trying to achieve a specific look, of course. ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. I watched several videos, read dozens of blogs and reviews to make sure that it was worth it. Unfortunately, for me, it wasn't. I am super oily, and while it was easy to use, I found that it lacked the much-touted lasting power. My eyebrows stayed only for half a day! I have very sparse and barely there eyebrows. If I blot my face, my eyebrows come off! I find that they stay longer when they have hair to hold on too. Might not be the best bet for super oily gals who have little eyebrows like me.

I have dark brown hair and eyebrows to match, so I thought if I bought this stuff a shade lighter than my hair it would be perfect. For some reason though, this stuff seemed WAY too dark and pigmented for my brows- I had to use a very VERY light hand with it, and even then my brows kind of looked clownish. I bought another one of these in taupe, which is pretty far from my actual color, and that worked a little better. I'm not sure why this is the case, as usually the Anastasia chocolate/dark brown colors work for me, but this did not. All I would say, try to test out the shade you're buying beforehand, because while I *do* like this product, I don't like the shade that should work for me.

UPDATE: After working at a makeup store for 3 months, I've learned that the issues I had with Dipbrow seem to be pretty universal. The formula is such that most women should actually get a shade or two lighter than the one they think they need, and still use a very, very light hand. I guess maybe if you were doing some serious eyebrow drawing, as opposed to filling them in a little, you might want a shade closer to your true shade. But for most people, I would suggest trying to go lighter. Dipbrow is great product for someone who does a very exaggerated brow or who has extremely sparse brows, OR who wants something that's gonna be more long wearing than pencil or liquid formulas. However, if you're just doing a little shaping/filling or you already have thick brows, I don't know that this is necessary. That said, I haven't tried the "mashing a bit on the lid" trick that others have mentioned, and it sounds like that might help to soften the application a bit.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG status! I have been using gel liner to define and carve my brows for about 6 months, ever since perfecting the method by watching YouTube beauty gurus and a lot of practice. You have to be careful using any kind of gel product when defining your brows else you get that dreaded "scouse brow" look - the dark, overly exaggerated, sharpie look. Its no good! Gel liner works, but you have to be very, very light with it, and it smudges. So, I decided to splurge and get the dipbrow. What a difference! It is waterproof and does not smudge at all, not even when I scratch my brow area. The look is very natural if you use a light touch. I use the Japonesque thin angled liner brush to apply. The texture is like a mouse/gel hybrid, and you only need a tiny bit to get started. In fact, I wipe my brush inside the lid, and dip back into that area when I want more product instead of dipping the brush into the pomade. Best of all, this washes off easily with soap and water. I thought $18 was a lot to spend until I realizes how little of this I use. WIth daily use, I am confident I will get at least one year, and maybe 2, out of one little pot. Chocolate is great neutral brown shade. When I swatched it in Ulta, I thought it was ashier than dark brown. They just released a new shade, though, soft brown. I wish I had gotten that one!

on 3/16/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was torn between this and Benefits Gimmie Brow, but Dipbrow seemed like a batter value as there is more product and it's at a lower price point. I have naturally full brows but they lack definition and can be hard to shape without waxing every other week. It definitely takes practice to get the hang of using Dipbrow. The SA at Sephora made it look so very nice and natural. When I tried to apply it myself the next day I was too heavy handed and it looked harsh and very Joan Crawford. Second application was slightly better but still a little heavy, after a couple more tries I finally mastered this. The trick is to have just enough on the brush to work with. I applied this with the Anastasia #12 brush, but a stiff angled eyeliner brush would also work. I smudge most of the product off the brush and outline my brows with medium strokes. If I need more product I just take what is one my hand, smudge again and keep going. With a light hand I fill in my brows. Dipbrow gives me very well defined brows. Even after a full day this does not smudge or fade.

on 2/27/2014 10:18:00 AM

After trying (and not caring for) the brow wiz, I decided to check out the pomade instead. Based on online swatches, I was going to get Dark Brown but ended up getting Chocolate because my SiJCP was out of Dark Brown. The difference between the two is negligible in my opinion, with Dark Brown being just a hair cooler in tone. My hair is a warm, deep brown so I figured I could pull off Chocolate and ends up it's a great match for me.

I've seen several tutorials for this product, and it seems as though everyone who used it made their brows dramatically thicker and bolder. I always try to do a natural brow, so I had some concerns that I wouldn't be able to make this work how I wanted to. But fortunately, it's very easy to make this look as natural as possible - given that it is a very pigmented gel.

I use a brow brush from the Tarte brow mousse and it works great. I recommend a smaller brush because you can easily overdraw the brows with this stuff.

I love how it sets instantaneously. Does not smudge, wear off or fade at all. I still have to set them with a clear brow gell, but even after doing that, the pomade doesn't budge.

I'm super impressed with this product and will definitely continue to use and repurchase.