3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

2 years ago

This has to be one of NYX's worst eyeliners. I loved their vinyl and matte liners and when I saw this I picked it up thinking it would be great. Boy was I wrong. The liquid liner doesn't come out. I shook it, left it upside down, wet it, dragged it on some paper.. just dryness. The kohl liner was awful too! I tried to apply to my eyes and it dragged and skipped. Overall very DRY formula. Not sure if I got a dud but it was so bad that I threw it out. I never throw products out unless they are totally unusable and this one was. Also, when I was at NYX I saw a girl trying to return this product and I overheard the sales associate asking why she wanted to return it and she said it was dry and bad as well.

About reviewer (444 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I think this product is nice for the price, though I feel the kohl breaks extremely easily and the felt tip dried out within 3 months. Some of its nicer qualities are that the liquid is very opaque and the kohl works perfectly for the waterline! If you have watery eyes or tend to rub your eyes I would not recommend this for you. It doesn't last very long, I'd say throughout the day I re apply about twice. Though it dries out fairly quickly, I found out that just removing the tip and switching it around fixes that probmlem. The quality of this eyeliner is overall great and since I have dark hair I used a brow brush with the kohl liner for my eyebrows and that was amazing. I overall recommend this product just DONT. BREAK. THE. KOHL.and remember to switch around the tip if needed!

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

4 years ago

So this is a product that would have had potential... had the packaging not been so cheap. I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my Kat Von D liner and had this recommended to me so I thought for $13 it was worth the try out. For the price I was really impressed. You don't have to constantly go over it to build up a line, you just get a nice solid line with a single stroke. It's easy to control, went on quickly and I could get a nice wing tip out of it. Is it water proof? No, but it doesn't claim to be. If you have a problem with your eyes watering, like a clogged duct, this may not be the brand for you. I would say the longevity it pretty good. I have pretty oily lids, so I would get a bit of fading after several hours, but nothing too bad. I primarily used the liquid side. I did try the kohl side once or twice. It was fine, but nothing special. I got a bit of 'build up' on the tip after the second use and wasn't really encouraged to switch between that and the liquid. I was still happy with this as a drug store liner. However (this is a big however, the top of the liquid side popped off itself after two weeks. I'm on the go all the time so I don't have the luxury of being able to leave my make up bag stationary. I need my make up to move with me, and I have never had this happen before with any previous brand of eye liner. It completely dried the felt tip out. I read online the same thing happened to other people and they recommended taking the felt tip out and switching it around for its opposite end. It worked!.... until that awful lid popped off again and dried out that side two days later. None of the traditional revitalization tricks I've used with dried up felt liners worked. It was a goner. So I was left with a mediocre kohl pencil. So really, after spending $13 for two weeks worth of liner I was better off spending $30-40 and getting a brand to last me 2 months. This really could have been a good find had NYX not cheaped out on the packaging.

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Other, Medium

4 years ago

This eyeliner is something I picked up randomly at a trip to Ulta. I love that's it's dual ended with an option for kohl or liquid liner. Definitely an opaque black for the felt tipped side. I like how slim, sturdy & thin the felt is. The tip is unbendable which is key to a perfect line or wing. The kohl side is smooth and slides easily over the eye. It's nice and smudge able. I really love NYX products because they're cruelty free! This is a great product to own by NYX. It's phenomenal.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

Its a double ended pen with a felt tip and a regular ol' twisty eyeliner thing. I LOVE the felt tip part. My top eyeliner is dark and a smooth shade of black (no streaky coloring). The pen is incredibly easy for me to hold and makes me confident enough in trying to do a winged eyeliner look. But I've still got a long way to go. The pencil eyeliner part is meh. Not as black or defining as you might want in an eyeliner, but I like the texture and the softness it gives my eyes when I tightline and apply to my waterline. I feel like both ends together could amp up your look but it's not my style. Overall, its a decent product. I would recommend this for beginners!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

5 years ago

This is so good! It isn't completely black but for a felt tip its very good. It seems to stay for a good amount of time but of you're going out for a long time you might want to bring it for touch-ups. The pen itself is SO easy to apply, the tip is very thin so you can make your line thick or thin easily.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Sometimes, NYX just absolutely knocks it out of the ballpark. This is one of those times. I've been searching for a good felt tip liner for FOREVER. I thought I'd found it in Eyeko, but then my pen dried up less than a month in. I've tried NYX's own liner markers, but they were never a vivid enough black for my taste. This guy, though, is flawless. The ink is a dense, opaque black that does not need to be layered to make it visible (my #1 pet peeve with these felt tip liquid liners). The pen itself has a really nice weight to it, and it's the perfect length to get a good grip on it and hold steady to draw your line. The felt tip is AWESOME - sturdy, not bendable at all, and it doesn't fray or dry out immediately. Perfect. It's also long and thin, which is ideal for getting the right shape. I bought this mainly for the liquid liner side. The kohl is a nice add-on, but even if it wasn't great, I'd still buy this just for the felt tip. It's not as soft and blendable as my black MAC pencil, but it's definitely useful for when I throw this in my bag for touchups throughout the day and want something to quickly do my waterline with. Highly, HIGHly recommend if you've been looking for a felt-tip liquid liner that is easy to draw with and has a dense black line. And at $10...well, suffice it to say that I've tried much worse for much more (lookin' at you, Benefit).

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Love! NYX has some hidden gems, and this is definitely one of them. I purchased mine for $9.99, which is on the pricer side for NYX, but still a great deal considering it's two products in one. Very happy with this eyeliner. The felt tip liner is my favorite of the two, it applies really smoothly, is easy to control, dries fairly quickly and stays put during the day/night. It's easy to do thin or thicker lines depending on how you want it to look, and you can touch it up without it smudging or creasing. The tip has held up in terms of repeated use. I've been using this product almost every day since I've purchased it. The kohl liner is definitely not as pigmented, but it works fine enough for the waterline. Its nice having both liners in one. I would give this product a perfect score, except for the fact that it is not waterproof. While the felt tip liner does stay put pretty well, it does bleed and run a little when coming into contact with tears. As someone who suffers from year-round allergies, my eyes have a tendancy to tear up at the worst moments. I did a great winged-eyeliner look one day, only to have it run. Other than that, it's great! I will definitey repurchase.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

Really pleasantly surprised by this product! I love felt tip liners and retractable kohl so I thought I would try this... The felt tip works really well, and if you use a eye primer it will stay! The kohl I use for tightlining, and although it isn't extremely pigmented it does the job well without hurting my eye like with pencils! I would buy this again!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

This is one of the best products I own by NYX and I own quite a few! I agree with other reviewers that the felt tip has the perfect firmness which it maintains well over time. I do change out my mascaras and eyeliners every 12 to 16 weeks to help prevent contamination so I've not had one for longer. However, I've had more expensive brands which stopped working long before that and the NYX was still going strong. FYI to help prevent bleeding or feathering with the kohl side, try using a good eyelid primer beforehand. I highly recommend this product😄

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55