Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) pH Prep Solution

No Image

Water, Witch Hazel, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, FD&C Blue #1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use this as a gentle exfoliator when my skin is in need of a little something, yet is feeling too tetchy for your typical AHA product. If you have youthful skin that doesn't need dramatic resurfacing or ridiculously sensitive skin, I think you'll be happy with this product as a stand alone treatment.

My skin is too sensitive for peels, so I can't tell you how effective it is as a peel prep.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I've been using this by itself as a toner, and I love it for that. It's just as good for daily exfoliation as Pixi Glow Tonic. It doesn't smell good or come in a fancy bottle like Glow Tonic does, but it removes the dead skin, provides that plump and moist feeling, and gives me the same slight glow. I give it five lippies for packaging, because the appeal of MUAC is paying less for the same quality of product by skipping the frills.

on 9/8/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got an 8 oz bottle of of this when I bought a peel from them for $10! Great price for a very nifty toner. It's a basic acid toner, with just Witch Hazel, Lactic and Glycolic acids. Like a very pared-down version of lotion P50. I use it before my peels to pH balance my skin, and I also use it on my forearms, which have some sun damage and at this point are aging faster than my face. It's a daily, slow-working treatment, and that's not a bad thing.
Cheaper than P50 and Glow Tonic, but the same basic principle. I like it. I also use it on my husbands slightly oily, slightly acneic face. I was tired of using my expensive P50 on him.
The only con is that it stinks a bit. But honestly, I'd rather this normal smell than something highly masked by fragrance. It's fades quickly and doesn't bother us.

on 2/22/2014 12:55:00 PM

Excellent product and a must-have for me. I love MUAC's at-home chemical peels, and this product is sold on their website as part of several of their at-home kits. And it's also available as a stand alone product, $19.95 for an 8oz bottle.

I used this for the first time when I used their 50% Glycolic Peel, you're supposed to apply the liquid all over your face and allow it to dry before applying the acid peel. It occured to me that I could also use this Prep Solution in conjunction with their other peels that don't include this product in their peel kits, like the Mandelic/Salicylic or Radiance or 25% Mandelic.

I am so glad I experimented that way! I find that I experience zero irritation from the Mandelic/Salicylic Peel when I prep my skin with this product first. And that peel was always a little tricky for me to use. It would occasionally give me immediate frosting and serious peeling, but not when I use this. Same with the 25% Mandelic- I was able to enjoy even better results using the solution as my first step. No more post-peel redness either.

MUAC's at-home peels are quite safe to use but you still have to be extremely careful with them. This product gives me a little more peace of mind and a lot more confidence that the end results will be what I wanted without the cosmetic downtime.

As long as I continue to use their peels, I will definitely have a bottle of this on hand. Will purchase again.