Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.1

on 10/27/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's shit tbh.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Such an amazing formula for such an inexpensive product. I have the shades Barely There and Natural Beauty, both do me well and i am always using them. Planning on buying more shades.

They are quite long lasting but you would have to touch up throughout the day. They fade nicely and feel nice on the lips. I suggest trying these as a good cheap lipstick.

on 11/9/2015 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 07 - Natural Beauty.

- The colour is what I would describe as a muted berry pink. I have light skin (NC15) and light lips and I find it looks a little garish on me. It's not too bright, and cool toned, but I myself prefer a more natural look. If you have more pigmented lips, or have a darker skin tone, this might be a perfect every day lip colour!

- Price is incredible, particularly considering how good the quality is

- Texture is excellent. Satiny finish. Creamy enough not to settle to dry skin or lines, but doesn't bleed. Not very long lasting.

-NO SHIMMER! This is a godsend for me. I have thinner lips and find that shimmer "shrinks" them and washes me out.

- Very subtle smell. I opened this up expected that gross lipstick smell - akin to Maybelline. Imagine my delight when there's only a light bubblegum-berry smell! Its lovely and doesn't make me feel sick like other scents.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES! I only bought this so I could qualify for free shipping with my Ulta purchase. I was really not expecting anything from it, but I'm blown away.
It feels like a lip balm/chapstick. It kind of stinks but I only notice it while applying. It is labeled as long lasting but it lasts as long as any other lipstick on me and I'm totally OK with that, especially considering it's only $3! It has decent pigment and is not patchy.

I bought the shade Nude Love 11. It is a true nude pink. The color shows up on my lips like I mixed MAC Blankety and MAC Creme Cup together. Now this shade will be too light for most people, but all you have to do is blend a darker lip liner with it if need be.

UPDATE 10/5/15: NOOO! My lips are allergic to something in this. At first my lips were dehydrated like I ate a bag of salty potato chips. Then they got sore and peely over the next few days. I wanted to love this so badly :(

on 9/28/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I just got introduced to this line and so far I like them! This review is for "Oh so Mat" colour, which is a neutral beige. It is a barely-there colour, I prefer to wear it over a lipliner (same with every lipstick for me). I love that it's an affordable makeup brand that's made in Europe, not Taiwan or China - major selling point for me as I do not buy makeup from Asia. I took one star off because it has a very perfumey taste, not sure about other colours but this one has a very strong taste if you are drinking or lick your lips.

I love these lipsticks - I have nude love and coral calling (which I got after listening to my favorite youtuber, considercologne, talk about it for a over a year). I really like the colors I have and the price can't be beat. They could last a little longer, but I really like the consistency. Coral calling has a different scent than nude love, but neither are overly perfumey.

Why is everyone loving these so much? Am I doing something wrong?

I only own one shade, because after a few drugstore disasterous buys I'm being more careful and trying not to buy a ton of everything just because it's cheap. Thank God I had my self-control with me on the day I bought this lipstick.

I own the Nude Love shade which is a very lovely colour. It makes my lips look huge. In fact, I like the colour so much that even though I know the formula sucks, I just keep giving it another chance.
But I shall not do that anymore. First of all, it comes off so easily. I put it on, everything looks good, I smack my lips and boom. It is strangely smudged and totally uneven. I blot it in with my fingers, all of the colour is on my hands, not my lips. So, I powder over my lips and it works! The lipstick stays in place! Or does it?
The next thing that happens is that it gets into the lines. Like, so much... I mean you can't really see it when I have my resting face on but when I smile or talk or move, basically, you can clearly see lines of colour running down my lower lip.
Then my lips start getting soooo dry. Like soooooooo dry. Which obviously exaggerates my lines. Which results in more lipstick getting into them. No matter how moisturised and exfoliated my lips are, they will get very dry.
Then, to finish it off, my lips start to get flaky. and all of the pigment concentrates on the inner part of my lips. But my lips are flaky at this stage, which means very very pink flakes in the inner part of my lips and slightly less pink flakes on the edge.
And all of this happens in the course of two or three hours, so no, not very longlasting, no.

on 6/3/2015 3:28:00 PM

I have the shade Barely There, it's such a nice color, last a long time, it's my perfect nude. It has a satin finish and for 2 I feel like they are better than MAC or other more expensive brands. I'll be purchasing more for sure

on 5/16/2015 8:44:00 AM

I have this in three shades: natural beauty, love me, and coral calling. My favourite one is natural beauty. Coral calling simply did not look good on me and I don't prefer the way love me looks either (though I get many compliments when I wear it) However, natural beauty is one of my favourite lipsticks. It is such an easy shade to wear on an every-day basis. I think the packaging of these lipsticks are quite sleek (especially for the price). I will most likely be buying more shades in the future.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart in Toronto - I was looking for a dupe for MAC's Up the Amp, which is my signature shade. I found Essence "Wear Berries" lipstick and it's just gorgeous. Not a 100 percent dupe for my MAC but gorgeous all the same and wearable for all occasions - work, gym, night out - you name it. Plus it was on sale at $2.50 Cdn or some ridiculous price like that - I bought all five that were available in the store. I have never purchased Essence before but for this price, this quality - well, hello HG makeup line!