Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love these so much! I have 3. One in 05 'Cool Nude', one in 15 'Oh So Matt!' and another in 04 'On The Catwalk'. These are amazing. They are incredibly pigmented, lasts long (I only have to reapply it two or three times during a school day,and that's mainly after eating, which isn't so bad), are actually matte (But they aren't drying, which is a massive plus), and I've gotten so many compliments, especially about 'Cool Nude'. I even got told it looks like a MAC lipstick! My favourite is 'Cool Nude', because it's the perfect nude color for my ivory skin tone. The 'Oh So Matt!' can sometimes make me look washed out, but I'm sure with a different make up to my daily one, it'd look fantastic. I am going to buy heaps more of these! They're only $4-6 NZD, which is fantastic, considering Maybelline, Rimmel, Chi Chi (d/s brands) are around $20 NZD for one, and MAC is $35. I would completely recommend these!! Amazing!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, this collection of lipsticks is quite decent. I have tried most of them, loved a few, liked many, and destashed others.

All the lipsticks in this range are a cream finish without glitter. They are scented with an odd, non-descript type of smell that I could live without, but I deal. Packaging is good - black matte tubes with a colored band and bottom sticker. Lipsticks DO retract fully into their cases.

I find that the quality isn't as consistent as their Matt Matt Matt or Sheer and Shine lines (both mostly good). There are more mediocre shades in this range. My biggest complaint is that some shades are too greasy or settle into lip lines. Many shades do work well though.

Thankfully, there are some individual reviews for specific shades here on MUA, so you can look up specific colors to learn more. I have reviewed quite a few individually.

At this price, I do typically buy any new shades that might work for me ($3.49 CAD) and if it doesn't work out I'm not too disappointed. And the times it does work out - woohoo! Cheap lipstick!

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

From my experience these are more or less hit or miss. I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring.

The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. 02 glides effortlessly but 01 applies unevenly.
They feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally.
Wear time is not long actually - around three hours - and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. There's no luxurious creaminess to the texture but they hardly cost three euros, so it's forgiven.

Edit: Bought 04 - On The Catwalk and it's the most universally flattering of the three (01 and 02 are on the bright side) 04 is a beautiful medium berry red with some warmth and satin finish. Love this one!