essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

3.7

on 10/27/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's shit tbh.

on 12/28/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have in 06 long lasting

sheer, comfortable, fair color payoff, inoffensive scent, not exactly moisturizing but not drying

don't love the shade but would buy other colors

less than 3 CAD. So affordable!

on 12/19/2016 1:45:00 AM

as I prefer matte lipsticks this isn't my first choice but when I need both moisture and colour this is my to go choice really cheap and has pretty packaging dispite the cheap price

on 9/13/2016 10:40:00 AM

Such an amazing product! They are silky and smooth and you definitely cannot beat the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought the shade "Barely There!" and i love it! the color is SOOO pretty against my super pale skin, kind of like my-lips-but-better color. it feels nice, creamy & smooth. i just wish it was matte!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love these so much! I have 3. One in 05 'Cool Nude', one in 15 'Oh So Matt!' and another in 04 'On The Catwalk'. These are amazing. They are incredibly pigmented, lasts long (I only have to reapply it two or three times during a school day,and that's mainly after eating, which isn't so bad), are actually matte (But they aren't drying, which is a massive plus), and I've gotten so many compliments, especially about 'Cool Nude'. I even got told it looks like a MAC lipstick! My favourite is 'Cool Nude', because it's the perfect nude color for my ivory skin tone. The 'Oh So Matt!' can sometimes make me look washed out, but I'm sure with a different make up to my daily one, it'd look fantastic. I am going to buy heaps more of these! They're only $4-6 NZD, which is fantastic, considering Maybelline, Rimmel, Chi Chi (d/s brands) are around $20 NZD for one, and MAC is $35. I would completely recommend these!! Amazing!

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

For the price these lipsticks are phenomenal. I have Wear Berries!, and On the Catwalk! Wear berries is a plummy berry shade and on the catwalk is a muted reddish color. I am NW20 currently and these are very wearable even to work. Theyre beautiful pigmented shades, flavorless and comfortable. They are not drying and no lipstick lasts on me except nyx soft matte lip cream so I wont comment on that.

on 2/22/2014 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Essence Longlasting Lipstick comes in 10 highly pigmented shades, and best of all it is only AU$4.10! So cheap, and such a quality product.

While it does claim to be long-lasting, I would say it remains on the lips for about 4 hours until it loses intensity. Very reasonable for the price. The 10 colour varieties are very wearable shades. My favourites are '01 Coral Calling', '04 On the Catwalk', '06 Barley There!' and '07 Natural Beauty'. There is definitely something to suit all skin colours and style tastes.

The packaging is wonderful, a simple black tube with a line of colour that corresponds to the lipstick shade inside. Very classical packaging that does not look cheap. With this product being such an affordable price, you can easily build up a nice little collection of them without breaking the bank one bit. (PS. Look for Essence lip liner pencils too at only $1.70!)

Would I buy Essence Longlasting Lipsticks again? YES! I am so impressed with this product. Extremely affordable without skipping on quality. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.