essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

Filtered by skin type : Dry
essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

3.8

I love love love this. I pick up a new color every time I pass by an essence stand. The quality is bomb and its one of the few that I find that actually lasts like that

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I got this in the shade "love me" after seeing people say that it is a dupe for MAC "please me" .
Color: A nice pretty shade of pink that brightens up my pale complexion
Formula: The bullet feels pretty hard and stiff. If your lips are prone to drying/ you are paranoid about dry lips, make sure to wear lip balm before applying.
Scent: Synthetic, chemical, waxy. Major turn off for me.
Price: Dirt cheap.

on 11/9/2015 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this in shade 07 - Natural Beauty.

- The colour is what I would describe as a muted berry pink. I have light skin (NC15) and light lips and I find it looks a little garish on me. It's not too bright, and cool toned, but I myself prefer a more natural look. If you have more pigmented lips, or have a darker skin tone, this might be a perfect every day lip colour!

- Price is incredible, particularly considering how good the quality is

- Texture is excellent. Satiny finish. Creamy enough not to settle to dry skin or lines, but doesn't bleed. Not very long lasting.

-NO SHIMMER! This is a godsend for me. I have thinner lips and find that shimmer "shrinks" them and washes me out.

- Very subtle smell. I opened this up expected that gross lipstick smell - akin to Maybelline. Imagine my delight when there's only a light bubblegum-berry smell! Its lovely and doesn't make me feel sick like other scents.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Colors are pretty and good for layering. But the quality is not really great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the colour "Cool Nude" as I saw swatches online saying that it was a good dupe for MAC's "Faux" lipstick. The colour seemed nice when I swatched it on my wrist, but I disliked the plasticky taste and smell when I applied it. The colour wore off RIGHT AFTER I finished doing my makeup and left my house, even though I used a Maybelline lipliner and Lancome lip primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

YES! I only bought this so I could qualify for free shipping with my Ulta purchase. I was really not expecting anything from it, but I'm blown away.
It feels like a lip balm/chapstick. It kind of stinks but I only notice it while applying. It is labeled as long lasting but it lasts as long as any other lipstick on me and I'm totally OK with that, especially considering it's only $3! It has decent pigment and is not patchy.

I bought the shade Nude Love 11. It is a true nude pink. The color shows up on my lips like I mixed MAC Blankety and MAC Creme Cup together. Now this shade will be too light for most people, but all you have to do is blend a darker lip liner with it if need be.

UPDATE 10/5/15: NOOO! My lips are allergic to something in this. At first my lips were dehydrated like I ate a bag of salty potato chips. Then they got sore and peely over the next few days. I wanted to love this so badly :(

on 6/3/2015 3:28:00 PM

I have the shade Barely There, it's such a nice color, last a long time, it's my perfect nude. It has a satin finish and for 2 I feel like they are better than MAC or other more expensive brands. I'll be purchasing more for sure

on 1/21/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

i have this in natural beauty. i bought it because of all the great reviews on makeupalley and i am so so happy i did. this is the perfect mlbb for me. it's semi-matte, super creamy (a dream to apply), and lasts hours. one swipe is all you need. this retails in australia for AUD $4.70 which is about 25-50% of the price of most other chemist lipsticks and it's better than quite a few of them. beats rimmel out of the park and i've always found rimmel lipsticks to be great for the price (they're about $10-12 here).

my one complaint is the the packaging broke pretty much as soon as i bought the tube and the two parts of the lid come apart whenever i take off the lid or put it back on. but this is pretty minor. definitely recommend this product and will probably buy more shades.

on 10/23/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in Wear Berries and wow, what a gorgeous lipstick! Not a true matte but more of a satin. These are beautiful lipsticks that come in such pretty colors and smell nice. they last a decent time and are just great products.

That being said? the price is unreal. Seriously, $2 bucks??? Wow, grab them!

Wear Berries is a great Fall berry color that sits on the mid range for deepness. I love it!

on 10/10/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've bought some incredibly expensive lipsticks over the years, stupidly so, and I've not found any I prefer to these! Got a drawer full of Mac lippies that never see the light of day now. The colours are amazing, exactly the same on the lips as the bullet, packaging is classy, price ridiculous!