essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.1

Sorry but I know lipsticks which are from drugstore and those are way better than these by essence. Sure, they have some pigmentation but they last not long. I don't want to check every few minutes for my lipstick on my lips, so no, thanks.

I always find myself in a search for the best nude lipsticks HE or DS and most of the time got lucky but Essence Longlasting Lipstick 04 It's Nude Time was the Worst lipstick I've ever tried and unfortunately bought without switching on the lips in the shop. I don't own any other Essence Lipsticks but the formula of 04 is so drying I cannot have it on even for 5 minutes...even with lipbalm underneath! On their website they are claiming that "creamy texture feels wonderfully pleasant on your lips" - No, no, no, not for me:) The color was wrong for my skintone though it was so patchy, uneven & looked like a cake frosting on my lips I don't think it will be a must-buy product for anyone. The smell is awful too. Also to give it a last chance I've tried to use it as a creamy some sort of highlighter but it still failed by being too sticky... Drying on the lips, sticky on the cheeks - hopeless:) So overall, nope.

on 4/25/2015 1:05:00 AM

I have initially done a review for this raving the lipstick but i decide to delete off all that review and retype a new one here again because i seriously dislike it now. I don't know what happen but now i know why after reading the bad review, i thought there are still quality in lower end cosmetic product but obviously this is not!

This lipstick dries my lip out like no other even when i put on my lip balm first and then apply the lipstick and it cause peeling and flaking the very next day and i need to use alot of lip balm to finally recover my lip to good condition. No more Essence lipstick for me. I've used better quality at a slightly expensive price tag and would rather pay more than end up having drying and peeling lip all around. What is the ingredient that causes this? Even when NYX lipstick was just 0.99 back then when i use them, it doesn't even do this to my lip. Essence, it's time to improve your lipstick formulation!

on 4/3/2015 2:37:00 PM

I don't like these lipsticks. They're not expensive but they're also very cheap in terms of quality. They make my lips dry and peel. They have a synthetic smell/taste and despite their name, they are NOT long wearing at all. They aren't very pigmented either.
The only positive note is they have pretty colors. I think they could be great for a beginner or someone on a budget but for anyone that likes a good quality lipstick, they will not be happy with these.
It's a huge no for me. I gave the ones I bought to my sister.

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

The shades are lovely but in my experience it really does not last all day as it claims to. It’s cheap and cheerful, perfect for ladies who don’t mind reapplying often.

on 10/27/2017 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It's shit tbh.

on 6/30/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i liked the color and the consistency is quite nice however it does not last very long at all which for me is a huge con

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I got this in the shade "love me" after seeing people say that it is a dupe for MAC "please me" .
Color: A nice pretty shade of pink that brightens up my pale complexion
Formula: The bullet feels pretty hard and stiff. If your lips are prone to drying/ you are paranoid about dry lips, make sure to wear lip balm before applying.
Scent: Synthetic, chemical, waxy. Major turn off for me.
Price: Dirt cheap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had the shade 'Come Naturally' which I think was part of a recent special edition range Essence launched. It's an ok lipstick, but I found it leant too much towards the mauve end of the spectrum for me, which has a tendancy to make me look washed out and ill. Also I found this to be quite drying on the lips, so even though it didn't last long once applied, when it did wear off my lips felt very dry and like I needed to apply more lip balm. Based on my experience with this one, I wouldn't rush out to purchase any other shades from this range.