essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

essence Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades
Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades Longlasting Lipstick - All Shades

4.1

I got this in shades All you need is red, Dare to wear, Love me, Barely there!, Natural beauty and Cool Nude. I absolutely love it! My lips are not for matte colors cause they are getting dry when I apply that kind of lipstick and this is my go to lipstick for every day. It does not dry my lips, it doesn't have glitter and it makes my lips look soft and creamy! It last for like 3-4 hours without lip pencil, but with it, it can last up to 7-8 hours, even when I drink something. Absolutely my favorite.

Are you kidding me? I'll never be buying lipstick from another brand again.

I picked up Wear Berries! which is a purpleberry colour.

This stuff does not feather, fade, or crack lips. It's actually super moisturizing and really makes my eyes pop.

Just look at the reviews of Essence's products. They are ALL top rated. This brand really gives the others a run for their money...

Anyone know if they test on animals? That would be a dealbreaker...

Anyways, at $2.99 per lippie, I most certainly will be buying many more. You just can't go wrong with Essence Makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit- if you are a True/Warm autumn in the seasonal analysis, On the Catwalk is the EXACT match for shades 3.8 and 3.9 on the 'colour fan'--so it is an ideal cheap pick for a True Autumn!
H rarely compliments my other lipsticks but whenever i wear one of the essence ones he says they look great... He has no way of knowing that I am wearing smething inexpensive, just that it looks good that particular day. And i agree with the person who says she prefers them to her Chanels!
This is gorgeous! I think the only downside is it can lead to bleeding if you overapply for some reason (you don't need to! it's well-pigmented), and don't blot before a 2nd layer, or use lipliner. If you use a good lipliner, it is 5 stars. If you blot and reapply carefully, it is 5 stars. If you don't do that, it'll probably smear a little, and it would be 3 stars. The colour range is small, but good. The red is beautiful! On the Catwalk is the most perfect berry that lifts my complexion and brightens without being just a statement that takes over the rest of the face. There's a place for those, but these colours are throw-on-and-go types, that will work for any circumstance. I would expect colours like these from Dior or NARS.

These lipsticks last/stain. Really nicely.
They are not matte (more like satin or balm-like), and the texture is like a good lipbalm-slightly gel-like in texture, not exactly creamy.
Also worth mentioning: the packaging is much better than the previous (pink tube) essence lippies: black, colours are shown on the packaging, and the lid doesn't randomly pop off. On the Catwalk is too good. The shade is a perfectly balanced, flattering colour, not 'draining' and slightly tinged with grey/orange/pastel like some low-end lipstick ranges. It's like a high end lipstick!

on 3/23/2015 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had a hard time getting into the lipstick after picking it up at Ulta for a whopping $0.97. Yep. You read that right. UNDER ONE FRIGGIN' DOLLAR. How could I pass that up?
I'd heard Amelia Liana talk about Essence lipsticks before as being one of her HG drugstore products, and I'm easily sold to by these dang beauty vloggers so naturally I had to check this one out!
I purchased 07 - Natural Beauty, which is a pretty MLBB shade. When I swatched it in the car, I noticed that it was rather slick and slightly sheer, which I wasn't expecting. I put it on without a liner and just wasn't thrilled. So I threw it in my makeup drawer when I got home and forgot about it, only digging it out once in a while to swatch it again and draw the same conclusion.
But today, I decided to give it another whirl, pairing it with Rimmel's Exaggerate liner in Eastend Snob (a supposed near-dupe of Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat). And so far, it's holding up well, and looks rather pretty! It does tend to settle into lip lines, but it doesn't feather, and despite it's slightly more luminous finish, does seem rather long lasting.
I do love the color. I've been focusing on "clean" beauty lately (more natural looks, dewy skin, etc.) and this fits in perfectly with that, since the finish has a natural sort of look (hence the name).
So far, it doesn't feel drying on my lips. It's slightly hydrating, but not enough to replace a balm on dry days.
The packaging is sturdy and classy. I love that the inside of the tube and ring below the cap match the lipstick shade, with the rest of the tube left as a matte black. Nice and chic. The Essence logo is embossed on the bullet, which I always feel adds a neat, classy flair to a product.
For a couple bucks, you can't go wrong, and really, if you catch Ulta on a good day and find these for under a buck, you might as well stock up. They're not the perfect lipstick by any means, but they are affordable, pretty, and good quality.

EDIT: I take it back. By the afternoon, this lipstick drained nearly all the moisture out of my lips and left them scaly and flaking, and it seemed to morph into that hideous white scuzz on the inside of my bottom lip. I wanted to love this. Really. But no.

on 2/5/2015 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

From my experience these are more or less hit or miss. I have the shades 01- Coral Calling which is a cheerful neutral coral and 02 - All You Need Is Red which will surely be my go-to bright orange-y daytime red for the upcoming spring.

The texture is gelly-balmy and they have good but not insane pigmentation which I actually prefer because of the more forgiving application. 02 glides effortlessly but 01 applies unevenly.
They feel weightless on the lips and I don't notice the scent unless I sniff the lipstick on purpose or any dryness personally.
Wear time is not long actually - around three hours - and fade evenly leaving a stain. The packaging is sturdy and doesn't look like a toy such as the previous essence lipsticks with its matte black case. There's no luxurious creaminess to the texture but they hardly cost three euros, so it's forgiven.

Edit: Bought 04 - On The Catwalk and it's the most universally flattering of the three (01 and 02 are on the bright side) 04 is a beautiful medium berry red with some warmth and satin finish. Love this one!

on 10/12/2014 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

And this is why I will never buy a high end lipstick! These are such lovely lipsticks in all areas of consideration. Long lasting, beautiful colors, wonderful texture, non-offensive to the nose and taste buds. Simple but elegant and functional packaging.....oh yeah, and $2.99 per lipstick. There is nothing bad for me to say about this product.

This lipstick is very good and very beautiful. The range has some very interesting colors, especially those I got - Barely There, Come Naturally, On the Catwalk, Coral Calling and now Cool Nude. It has no shimmer or glitter. I like that.

It's creamy, taste-free (I hate lip products that taste bitter and gross), has a neutral scent. It lasts quite well for a moisturizing lipstick. If I drink carefully, it's still there after 4-5 hours. If I eat, a bit of it, like a stain, still remains on my lips. It's easy to touch up.

It isn't perfect, but I'd rather wear this than a long lasting liquid matte formula. I wear the shade Barely There almost everytime I go out, I am obsessed with it. The good formula is a big part of why I love it.

THEY DON'T TEST ON ANIMALS!!! GOES FOR CATRICE AS WELL. :)

on 4/3/2015 2:37:00 PM

I don't like these lipsticks. They're not expensive but they're also very cheap in terms of quality. They make my lips dry and peel. They have a synthetic smell/taste and despite their name, they are NOT long wearing at all. They aren't very pigmented either.
The only positive note is they have pretty colors. I think they could be great for a beginner or someone on a budget but for anyone that likes a good quality lipstick, they will not be happy with these.
It's a huge no for me. I gave the ones I bought to my sister.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

How is this possible? $2.99 lipstick outperforms $30 lipsticks? Don't judge until you try them. I only have tried the Nude Love shade. It's creamy, beautiful, and makes me want more colors. The case is better than expected and discreet - simple black. I don't know what else to say - but try it. You will not be disappointed:) In fact, the surprise will be that you will probably reach for it more often than your other lippies!

on 10/22/2014 12:28:00 PM

No words.

There are no words for how good these lipsticks are. I am a journalist, so I am supposed to have words. Nope.

For 2-freaking-99 you get lipsticks that are incredibly creamy and comfortable in attractive shades. I like cream finishes because they make my lips look nice and full.

I would also say I definitely get above-average wear time from them. Natural Beauty is my everyday work shade as a deep neutral pink (similar in texture and color to MAC's Syrup). I also have something-Catwalk (can't remember the name) and it's a beautiful red. With these, I don't have to worry about the product straying from my lips or looking completely different in 4-5 hours. I can just live my life and not have lipstick on the back of my mind because nobody got time for that.

I'll be honest. I hate the scent. It's cheap and a fake-sweet smell which is annoying. But I am extremely sensitive to scents and I can ignore it because it dissipates and I can't get over how good these feel on my lips.

I am rarely blown away by products. I actually generally am pretty critical about products I use. These are one of the few (only?) to me that just are both efficient and satisfying.